Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This was JUICY. Thing is, he is kind of right about telling the world about SoS being the right thing. Its the kind of decision I could see someone like Captain America advocating for. Its just really bad for Krakoa for people to know about it. So everyone else doesn't really have an argument against it so much as they oppose it for, I guess you would call it selfish or pragmatic reasons? 'Selfish' is probably too strong a word there, but something like that.

Mother Righteous can just control most of them at will and nobody notices is pretty terrible. 'Omega level telepaths' lol. And on that note, the way Hope and Emma acted might actually be the thing that motivates Xavier to 'burn Krakoa down' or whatever Magneto said he would do. Its pretty strong evidence that no, they actually aren't trustworthy, if they immediately try to intervene and spy when they're told not too. And if their response is that the rest of the Council isn't trustworthy, then why did they allow them on in the first place? Unlike much of the rest of Fall of X so far, this one felt the most like its the result of the consequences of their own actions and failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    “Whose reality is reality?”? That sounds awfully abstract.
    Yeah, the whole thing is starting to seem like one big Russian nesting Matryoshka doll.

Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    It's still terribly unclear to me how The Chronicler's powers are supposed to work, and why Mikhail doesn't just have him write "And then everyone on Krakoa stopped being alive" if he's supposed to be that powerful.
    Its pretty vague, but he can't at least 'force' them to do something completely out of character. When that happens, in the data pages that's he's writing, the words are crossed out. Notably, this happened when he tried to have Beast apologize to Colossus for publicly shaming him and Colossus responded by killing him. Which now that I think of it, it might not have worked because it was actually 'out of character' for BEAST.

Did Storm actually thank her? I thought she just glared at her.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its pretty vague, but he can't at least 'force' them to do something completely out of character. When that happens, in the data pages that's he's writing, the words are crossed out. Notably, this happened when he tried to have Beast apologize to Colossus for publicly shaming him and Colossus responded by killing him. Which now that I think of it, it might not have worked because it was actually 'out of character' for BEAST.

But didn't Colossus kill his water gf or whatever?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

And on that note, the way Hope and Emma acted might actually be the thing that motivates Xavier to 'burn Krakoa down' or whatever Magneto said he would do.
    Huh? Magneto said Xavier would burn Krakoa down?

Why? Why does Percy HAVE to destroy each and EVERY theory I have to explain away Beast's behavior? The Chronicler was my last hope that Hank was being controlled.

But, if he can't make someone act against their character, Hank DID apologize to Colossus.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Huh? Magneto said Xavier would burn Krakoa down?

Why? Why does Percy HAVE to destroy each and EVERY theory I have to explain away Beast's behavior? The Chronicler was my last hope that Hank was being controlled.

But, if he can't make someone act against their character, Hank DID apologize to Colossus.
    In the finale to X-men Red, Magneto told Storm to watch out for Xavier, because he believed that Xavier would throw Krakoa under the bus if it came down to it to appease humans. I can't remember his exact line though.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Unfortunately, she did.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Unfortunately, she did.
    God damnit. So in the end, its all going to be ****ing mind control. AGAIN. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate when they handwave away problems with mind control. Its such a cheap writing move.

Mother Righteous is still just 'Sinister 2.0' for me, so I can never take her seriously. Its just all the previous problems with Sinister 1 dragged out further.

Magneto said that Xavier would make martyrs of all mutants in response to their enemies striking them.

One thing I've been thinking about regarding the potential reveal of the Sinister timeline to the public: Colossus/Chronicler/Mikhail first said they'd release the full details of the Sinister timeline. Then later he said the world will know the sins of Krakoa. If he truly meant all the full details, we're talking about the X-Men and Avengers destroying most of Orchis (who is currently gaining the acceptance of the general public), Namor killing Doom, Ben Grimm turning on the FF, Captain America murdering the sitting president and the Avengers taking over the US. Would they reveal such truths and if so, would they consult with the MU heroes first? Hmm.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Magneto said that Xavier would make martyrs of all mutants in response to their enemies striking them.

One thing I've been thinking about regarding the potential reveal of the Sinister timeline to the public: Colossus/Chronicler/Mikhail first said they'd release the full details of the Sinister timeline. Then later he said the world will know the sins of Krakoa. If he truly meant all the full details, we're talking about the X-Men and Avengers destroying most of Orchis (who is currently gaining the acceptance of the general public), Namor killing Doom, Ben Grimm turning on the FF, Captain America murdering the sitting president and the Avengers taking over the US. Would they reveal such truths and if so, would they consult with the MU heroes first? Hmm.
    Which would ironically help Orchis even more since they're out to take down all Superheroes, not just Mutants.

Although honestly it feels like Marvel is this close to Civil War III with the amount of times it feels like they're building up to the world outlawing Superheroes again.

In the finale to X-men Red, Magneto told Storm to watch out for Xavier, because he believed that Xavier would throw Krakoa under the bus if it came down to it to appease humans. I can't remember his exact line though.
    Ohhhhh okay, I remember now, it's been so long but yeah, Magneto did say something like that. But, that made it seem like Magneto didn't trust Xavier.

God damnit. So in the end, its all going to be ****ing mind control. AGAIN. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate when they handwave away problems with mind control. Its such a cheap writing move.

Mother Righteous is still just 'Sinister 2.0' for me, so I can never take her seriously. Its just all the previous problems with Sinister 1 dragged out further.
    Mind control would be a way out of the mess the writers have made. But this just keeps dragging on, and on, and ON. It feels like it will never end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which would ironically help Orchis even more since they're out to take down all Superheroes, not just Mutants.

Although honestly it feels like Marvel is this close to Civil War III with the amount of times it feels like they're building up to the world outlawing Superheroes again.
    AGAIN? Are the writers so creatively bankrupt they'd do a Civil War III?!
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Indeed, it would certainly help Orchis. I was thinking about them attempting to assassinate Cap in the FCBD issue. I could see them spinning that as "the Avengers killed us in that timeline!"
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Why do i have a feeling that cypher and krakoa will vote to tell humanity omg
    Because Cypher has been a dumbass in his decision making since he got married. Are we sure he’s not being controlled by the Chronicler?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Yeah, it looks like it.

Though, i'm not so sure what could MR need a Thank You from all the Mutants of Krakoa for if they are all going to be destroyed anyway by Orchis.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

This was JUICY. Thing is, he is kind of right about telling the world about SoS being the right thing. Its the kind of decision I could see someone like Captain America advocating for. Its just really bad for Krakoa for people to know about it. So everyone else doesn't really have an argument against it so much as they oppose it for, I guess you would call it selfish or pragmatic reasons? 'Selfish' is probably too strong a word there, but something like that.

Mother Righteous can just control most of them at will and nobody notices is pretty terrible. 'Omega level telepaths' lol. And on that note, the way Hope and Emma acted might actually be the thing that motivates Xavier to 'burn Krakoa down' or whatever Magneto said he would do. Its pretty strong evidence that no, they actually aren't trustworthy, if they immediately try to intervene and spy when they're told not too. And if their response is that the rest of the Council isn't trustworthy, then why did they allow them on in the first place? Unlike much of the rest of Fall of X so far, this one felt the most like its the result of the consequences of their own actions and failures.
    I'd argue its pragmatism and a little bit of hubris. They don't want people to know there cracks in the council, that's why they removed the votes from Emma, Xavier, Hope and Exodus but haven't actually let anyone leave the council. There's a massive problem with the resurrection protocol since Sinister has tainted everyone's DNA and they don't want people aware of that fact. IMO the rest of Krakoa and the superheroes would probably be more understanding since it was a villain doing everything, but certain organizations in the world would absolutely jump all over this because its mutants.

And while Xavier might think Emma and Hope breaking the council's rule not to intervene or spy, I would disagree with it. There have been a number of instances of council members foiling the plans of other council members, this is merely another example of it. It's also like Xavier said in issue 11 about proving a negative. If any potential slight or perceived rule breaking, even if for the greater good, makes them think they're still Sinisterized there's really not much they can do. Plus there's some hypocrisy there, those four aren't able to sit in on votes but Destiny is.

Plus you said it where they shouldn't be trusting other people on the council. I've really enjoyed how a number of issues I've had with how the council was set up are now biting them in the ass. Hopefully there's still a council after Fall of X (with Emma on it) that is better thought out.

Plus Orchis taking down the other superheroes helps Mikhail (at least right now) as there's less people to interfere with what they have going on.
    Another Civil War might be a bit much, but a new status quo of certain areas outlawing superheroes might be interesting to see how the heroes react, especially the street level ones.
    Last edited by RAWRlrus; 06-07-2023 at 04:55 PM.