Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

We saw just the tip of the destruction Mother Righteous' powers can make manipulating Rasputin and Mystique.
    Just wondering what she'll do with Ororo's "thank you" in the name of every mutant in Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    We saw just the tip of the destruction Mother Righteous' powers can make manipulating Rasputin and Mystique.
    Just wondering what she'll do with Ororo's "thank you" in the name of every mutant in Krakoa.
    Would that count? Mystique thanks her (even if its not the full line) and wasn't Rasputin with her during Sins, so probably thanked her then. But yeah, it'll be interesting to see how she uses that thank you against Storm.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Unfortunately, Mother Righteous' powers are just repeating beats that have already been hit by the writers.
    Villain taking control over other characters - ongoing with Colossus, but we just went through it with Sins of Sinister. The only difference now is that it is magic that is doing it.

It is kind of why, although I have wanted Destiny to get her comeuppance for so long, it was just underwhelming.
    Destiny can get killed ... because of magic. Destiny is wrong about Shaw ... because of magic. Sure, they handwave it away by saying SoS changed the visions so now she is blind, but she should still be able to see an endpoint to her visions if she is going to die.

Well, Destiny actually predicted her own death. But because of SoS, her visions are not so reliable.
    And she chose to believe her feelings over her powers, which was fatal.
    I think it's a nice touch that Gillen put in to the character.

Spectacular Member

It's still terribly unclear to me how The Chronicler's powers are supposed to work, and why Mikhail doesn't just have him write "And then everyone on Krakoa stopped being alive" if he's supposed to be that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Destiny can get killed ... because of magic. Destiny is wrong about Shaw ... because of magic. Sure, they handwave it away by saying SoS changed the visions so now she is blind, but she should still be able to see an endpoint to her visions if she is going to die.
    I don't think any of her visions were wrong though. She said Mystique was going to kill her, and she did. She said Shaw was working for Orchis and it was found he wasn't at least not knowingly. And based off X-Men 23 both Destiny and Shaw were right about that part.

I wonder if/when the secrets of SoS are divulged to the world would the knowledge of MR being the “savior” be know as well? Would she be thanked by all of the World, for saving humans and earth from mutant kind’s terrible mistake
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Somebody call the caption police. I don't know if it's sabatoge or i'm just that weird but boy these captions are bland, the text looks big, maybe it's the digital conversion of it, or maybe they weren't planned when the layouts were but even in iron man the captions just looked cheap compared to the rest of it. I remember when there was gradient, when it blended with the scene, we've seen some great examples if the new Avenger run and Scarlet witch and Red, but the caption guy this week wasn't it.

It's like the caption was made to look good or read in the digital format but the book is still made in the format it is and not vertically so the letter or boxer just didn't work for me.

I was very happy to see Arrako alive and smiling.

Oh and Exodus grabbing storm made me lowkey think of how Prue power should have evolved if she stayed alive and she could bring people back with her with her astral projection. so that gave me a smile too.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-07-2023 at 01:41 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    It's still terribly unclear to me how The Chronicler's powers are supposed to work, and why Mikhail doesn't just have him write "And then everyone on Krakoa stopped being alive" if he's supposed to be that powerful.
    It' supposed to be a narrative the chronicler writes and it's got to make sense within the confines of who it's happening to. Also we don't know how the chronicler's power affects people, but from the examples given, it seems they have to at least meet him.

Unfortunately, Mother Righteous' powers are just repeating beats that have already been hit by the writers.
    Villain taking control over other characters - ongoing with Colossus, but we just went through it with Sins of Sinister. The only difference now is that it is magic that is doing it.

It is kind of why, although I have wanted Destiny to get her comeuppance for so long, it was just underwhelming.
    I'm wondering if all the people in positions of authority on Krakoa are in some way being controlled?

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    Shhhhhh...you're not supposed to think of that.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I'm wondering if all the people in positions of authority on Krakoa are in some way being controlled?
    They will probably reveal that Storm is being controlled by Tarn.
    Then they will reveal that Sunspot has been manipulating everybody from the shadows.
    And then, Doop will save the day.

They will probably reveal that Storm is being controlled by Tarn.
    Then they will reveal that Sunspot has been manipulating everybody from the shadows.
    And then, Doop will save the day.
    Yeah. The whole Krakoan era has been about “whose reality is reality?” At times, it’s seemed like there is even a competition among writers to be the most strategic and define marvel’s modern era.

In Krakoan era, we quickly learn Xavier isn’t responsible for the mutant Marvel universe we have always known. Instead it all hinges on Moira’s past lives and reincarnation. But then we learn Destiny has been manipulating events to make even that happen. But then we learn Sinister has been manipulating timelines with his Moira engines.

In Jason Aaron’s Avengers, he uses the 100k BC Avengers to rewrite history.

In Al Ewing’s Defenders, Dr Strange and his team journey through some pretty abstract universes that are supposed to be the foundations of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Somebody call the caption police. I don't know if it's sabatoge or i'm just that weird but boy these captions are bland, the text looks big, maybe it's the digital conversion of it, or maybe they weren't planned when the layouts were but even in iron man the captions just looked cheap compared to the rest of it. I remember when there was gradient, when it blended with the scene, we've seen some great examples if the new Avenger run and Scarlet witch and Red, but the caption guy this week wasn't it.

It's like the caption was made to look good or read in the digital format but the book is still made in the format it is and not vertically so the letter or boxer just didn't work for me.

I was very happy to see Arrako alive and smiling.

Oh and Exodus grabbing storm made me lowkey think of how Prue power should have evolved if she stayed alive and she could bring people back with her with her astral projection. so that gave me a smile too.
    Yeah the font choice is a bit jarring. I think it's supposed to look like something written on a bad computer or something, as it's the Chronicler's writing ?

Really fun issue and I can't wait to read a Gillen penned issue from Selene's perspective. Loved the Elizabeth Bathory line from her today.

Not been reading X-Force but thought this was really interesting take on Piotr and the situation he's in.

Not been many versions of the character I've liked since Claremont (Lobdell sure did enjoy torturing the guy) outside of the Cable & X-Force era, but could see Gillen really making the character interesting again (His Uncanny Colossus Juggernaut wasn't super memorable though).

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Yeah. The whole Krakoan era has been about “whose reality is reality?” At times, it’s seemed like there is even a competition among writers to be the most strategic and define marvel’s modern era.

In Krakoan era, we quickly learn Xavier isn’t responsible for the mutant Marvel universe we have always known. Instead it all hinges on Moira’s past lives and reincarnation. But then we learn Destiny has been manipulating events to make even that happen. But then we learn Sinister has been manipulating timelines with his Moira engines.

In Jason Aaron’s Avengers, he uses the 100k BC Avengers to rewrite history.

In Al Ewing’s Defenders, Dr Strange and his team journey through some pretty abstract universes that are supposed to be the foundations of the Marvel Universe.
    “Whose reality is reality?”? That sounds awfully abstract. But, I wonder, if certain things can be retconned with this attitude. With the characters that have been destroyed, I can't read earlier things now without thinking about how they've committed atrocities.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.