Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To be fair, the Brothers book also ended with an innocent man being framed for murder, and the real killer getting away with it.
    It's not the happiest ending, but it's not hopeless. Dmitri is found guilty for a crime he didn't commit, but he slips the noose—and has a much-improved outlook on life, the world, and himself. There's optimism in the face of injustice and tragedy.

Since the author has been dead for over a century, I don't think we'll be getting those sequels to get the intended ending.
    oh my god have I got an idea to pitch to Geoff Johns. An unauthorized bastard sequel to Watchmen? Small potatoes.

His United States of Karamazov miniseries will consist of thirteen 28-page issues and take eight years to release in full.

This.writing.feels.really.awkwardly.constructed.fo r.the.sake.of.drama.but.I.don't.care.because.every body.looks.very.pretty.

There are literally thousands and thousands of mutants. Why is this Council not dissolved and members replaced yet?!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    This.writing.feels.really.awkwardly.constructed.fo r.the.sake.of.drama.but.I.don't.care.because.every body.looks.very.pretty.

There are literally thousands and thousands of mutants. Why is this Council not dissolved and members replaced yet?!
    Why would the council be dissolved? The council up until now has done a good job at keeping its secrets within without worrying the general public of its misdeeds and mishaps, their secrets and liabilities would first have to come out before any dissolution can even happen, which is something that is obviously going to happen come FoX.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The council had try-outs and only 10 people showed up. No wonder the frauds (minus Doug) are still in power.
    "Cable was right!"

I hope they have a work around for the long distance teleporters because even if all the gates are destroyed Arrako should be able to assist UNLESS theyre already full on dealing with Genesis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

You can't call out your government fuck ups and crimes if you don't know they're happening.

The only really major thing that would have gotten out to the masses is that Krakoa isn't the best at dealing with babies or students.

Xavier is still a sanctimonious self-martyr. Love it. "You should fear me" Jean could toss you into the sun, old bag.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm so glad I bailed early on.

Great job Sibz on the summaviews but OMgoddess...that was tedious!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    The biggest problem is that she hasn't been idle for five years, she's been in the middle of a war, and Genesis and her demon army are a very big threat. The Genesis War was going to happen in any timeline, and it was clearly something she was destined to face.
    Oh I'm with you, I didn't agree with Emma calling her out because it was clearly out of frustration. But Storm did listen to what she was saying and I can see her thinking she needs to pay closer attention to certain things. I feel like Gillen put that scene in there for a reason and for Storm to possibly face a similar scenario with a different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm so glad I bailed early on.

Great job Sibz on the summaviews but OMgoddess...that was tedious!
    Thanks Sibz. It was A LOT! I didn't even go into Peter's narration because it went pretty deep. But I must commend Gillen for making me care about that plot again.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Did they show that Mother Righteous make Mystique kill Destiny or does Gillen leave it out like if he's writing a Nancy Drew book?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Did they show that Mother Righteous make Mystique kill Destiny or does Gillen leave it out like if he's writing a Nancy Drew book?
    They did.

Mother Unrighteous burns what looks like a Feather and speaks a Spell and then next we see it caused Mystique to gut her own Woman.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Really like the move to have Mystique kill Destiny. I had thought the whole issue of not letting anyone resurrected have a vote was problematic, and here it is all you have to do is kill enough people on the council and the votes won't matter. Down now only to seven votes, although I'm not sure why Destiny was still there. Got to wonder why the Chronicler agreed to Shaw's plan. Is it just to cause chaos or was he hoping for a favor in return. Curious to see what Doug/Krakoa do. Do they not let it out, do they tell the world, do they kick people off the council?

Hopefully a QC book is still around after Fall of X. Maybe some changes to who sits there (please keep Emma, she's been doing work) and make some rule changes. Don't let people have a vote if they don't/rarely show up. Have the people on the council make sense (enough with all the villains just for villains to be there).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oh I'm with you, I didn't agree with Emma calling her out because it was clearly out of frustration. But Storm did listen to what she was saying and I can see her thinking she needs to pay closer attention to certain things. I feel like Gillen put that scene in there for a reason and for Storm to possibly face a similar scenario with a different outcome.

Thanks Sibz. It was A LOT! I didn't even go into Peter's narration because it went pretty deep. But I must commend Gillen for making me care about that plot again.
    As I won't be reading or buying...I am entrusting you, and only you, to keep me marginally informed (via your summaviews) with these books over the next few months...just so that I have the overall gist of the happenings.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I wonder what's Russia's plan, with them wanting to expose the secrets of Krakoa I wonder how that could possibly help them. Unless they too are seeking to topple it, then it's going to be interesting cause that're Orchis' plans as well...i wonder if we will see those two factions go at it too
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I wonder what's Russia's plan, with them wanting to expose the secrets of Krakoa I wonder how that could possibly help them. Unless they too are seeking to topple it, then it's going to be interesting cause that're Orchis' plans as well...i wonder if we will see those two factions go at it too
    Eventually, yes.

I don't see how Mikhail or any other Russian Mutants is going to get away scott free if Orchis wants to destroy all mutants. Once Krakoa is done i'm sure Mikhail is next on the list. Along with Alpha Flight too.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.