Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

No idea what Mother R her goal is.
    Previous issue killed Nimrod and Margali, now Destiny. Where does she lead to?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As I won't be reading or buying...I am entrusting you, and only you, to keep me marginally informed (via your summaviews) with these books over the next few months...just so that I have the overall gist of the happenings.
    Happy to serve. I'm the same way, I like to keep up with the general happenings of books I'm not reading. Especially when they're all heading towards the same event.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. Great issue. Heartbreaking to see what Piotr’s going through internally. Gillen took Percy’s subplot and did it far better IMO.
    Yeah, Gillen is doing it better then Percy did. The Chronicler was also supposed to be controlling Beast, but Percy has never followed up on that plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I wonder what's Russia's plan, with them wanting to expose the secrets of Krakoa I wonder how that could possibly help them. Unless they too are seeking to topple it, then it's going to be interesting cause that're Orchis' plans as well...i wonder if we will see those two factions go at it too
    From what I remember, Piotr's brother Mikhail is forcing the Chronicler to do all this to weaken and destroy Krakoa, which will save the mutant race, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wait a minute: Nimrod's been killed? But he still has to crash the Hellfire Gala.

Edit: Dammit, you beat me Cyclone.
    Last edited by Mungho; 06-07-2023 at 08:55 AM.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    We know her ultimate goal, and she has a good idea of what the future might hold. A lot of small things - mostly just her manipulating people - are all about leading people to her, and eventually using them for Dominion.

With that in mind, Destiny was a threat to her. She can see the future, and who knows if she might get in the way like the did in SoS. She already exposed Shaw as an Orchis agent (which could easily be true in the future - we know MR has her fingers in a lot of pies, and now she's getting close with Club Sinister.) She likely wanted to discredit Destiny by making people suspect she has the Sinister gene. And in the meantime, she's also sewing chaos amongst the Council.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I have a question :
    Did Mystique thanked Righteous previously ? Or did she use Storm's "Krakoa thank you", in which case she is way overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I have a question :
    Did Mystique thanked Righteous previously ? Or did she use Storm's "Krakoa thank you", in which case she is way overpowered.
    She thanked her last issue
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I have a question :
    Mytique personally thanked Righteous.

Ah thank you. That tracks for now, then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Itchpfork View Post
    I dug this issue (Immortal X-Men is probably my second-favorite X-book right now), although I'm really ready for the plot to stop thickening and for things to start happening.

Also, this is a nitpick but:

Has...has Gillen ever read Dostoevsky? Crime and Punishment ends on the note of the possibility of redemption. The Brothers K ends with "Ah, children, ah, dear friends, don’t be afraid of life! How good life is when one does something good and just!" These books are austere, but not hopeless. Far from it.
    The common opinion/notion about these kinds of novels is still that they are predominantly depressing and hopeless in tone, hence the stereotype. So it's not like Gillen is responcible for creating a false perception or ignoring the exceptions, as much as he is simply using a commonly shared opinion/perception as basis for his story which is meant to be read by a primarily US american audience who likely never read Dostoevsky (or Tolstoy, or...)

Same goes for any kind of literature from around the globe, which the casual audience will most often have only percieved or known based on stereotypes and famous example which were formed by the success of certain writers at certain times and which they didn't read themself.

Incredible Member

Well written issue, but I am starting to reach the point I do with all X-books over time - mutant powers keep breaking my suspension of disbelief, and make it hard to make conflicts believable.

Mikhail has the Chronicler control Colossus ... to destroy Krakoa. In order for this to happen, so many dominos have to fall to get Colossus to get appointed to the council, and then specific unforseen things have to happen to get Colossus to have even more voting powers.

Why not control any number of other mutants, instead of being lucky enough to have things that Colossus can take advantage of?

It is a poorly written arc, since Colossus has not manipulated events to go into his favor, but instead just has writers dump stuff in his lap while he just sits in a chair with a glint in his eye. This Shaw x Colossus discussion is the only manipulation they have shown, which helps, but otherwise we haven't seen any evidence that he is a competent villain. It is as disappointing as Bran Stark becoming king in Game of Thrones, since he didn't do anything he just had it given to him.

My live reaction to Mother Righteous screwing over my favorite characters:

ytguic9DSUopoCWSR4JnFc.jpg

Amazing. Incredible. Gillen & Wernick, the goats!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Next issue is Douglas. Let's go.
    5yqeqe.jpg

That's sad. I thought she used each person's apology as a spell. Not a general one

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Wow such a dense, intricate issue, with lots of moving parts and characters, and clearly setting up a great deal of things to come.

First of all, THANK YOU Kieron Gillen for finally making Colossus interesting again. There's slow-burn plots and then there's outright ignoring characters which is what Ben Percy has been doing with Piotr for so long - I'm happy his story is finally coming to the forefront again on both Immortal and X-Force.

I also loved the quick sequence of events, making it for a very dense read with many connections to past events, events and characters from other books and obviously future events. The pawns are very much in place for next month's Fall of X kick-off and the X-people are clearly at their lowest, divided, fighting each other. I commented before how this internal conflicts can sometimes feel forced but Gillen has done a very good job here at selling why some characters might have a beef against others - it also helps that in the majority of the cases there's mind-control or some form of manipulation involved (the Sinister-affected, possessed Piotr, now possessed Raven) rather than some less than believable drama other writers have gone for.

Lucas Werneck continues to evolve and astonish, channeling his internal Adam Hughes for exquisite depictions of Selene, Ororo and Irene. Probably my #1 artist working on the X-books right now, although he's a Titan amongst Titans really.

Extraordinary Member

I get the impression that Gillen is just taking advantage of the Colossus plot and not doing anything to attempt to resolve it or even move it along. He does well at exploring the character in this state. There is also an impression the Gillen might be foreshadowing some character arcs and other plots (and players) through or following Fall of X. I can give him some leeway with regards to some rushed and inconsistent and puzzling actions within the council as many of the characters felt well written.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I mean Hickman put Colossus on the council and pissed off so there's nothing wrong with Gillen leaving it unresolved as well.
    "Cable was right!"