Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    God damnit. So in the end, its all going to be ****ing mind control. AGAIN. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate when they handwave away problems with mind control. Its such a cheap writing move.

Mother Righteous is still just 'Sinister 2.0' for me, so I can never take her seriously. Its just all the previous problems with Sinister 1 dragged out further.
    In the Krakoan era, if it is not mind control it is someone else secretly manipulating reality. Pretty bleak, really. Such powerful characters always finding they have no control over their lives. Imagine the opposite: characters using super to overcome challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Indeed, it would certainly help Orchis. I was thinking about them attempting to assassinate Cap in the FCBD issue. I could see them spinning that as "the Avengers killed us in that timeline!"
    They're definitely hoping to wipe out all superheroes in general, but I could see them spinning that into just being about mutants in particular. Everyone's evil actions happened after they convinced people to get turned into mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Because Cypher has been a dumbass in his decision making since he got married. Are we sure he’s not being controlled by the Chronicler?
    Maybe he'll have Bei tell people. But when she opens her mouth to speak, her power kills everyone and bam! No more humans to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

The Quiet Council at the end of IXM 12:

[AUTUMN]
    1. PROFESSOR X – 0
    2. HOPE – 0
    3. DESTINY – 0

[WINTER]
    4. BLACK PRIESTESS – 1
    5. EXODUS – 0
    6. MYSTIQUE – 1

[SPRING]
    7. KATE PRYDE – 1
    8. EMMA FROST – 0
    9. SEBASTIAN SHAW – 1

[SUMMER]
    10. NIGHTCRAWLER – 1 (Proxy: Storm)
    11. COLOSSUS – 1
    12. STORM – 1 (Proxy: Colossus)

[ADJUNCT]
    13. CYPHER - 0
    14. KRAKOA - VETO

Mother Righteous has influence over 3 votes (Black Priestess, Sebastian Shaw, Mystique).
    Until Nightcrawler's seat is filled, Mikhail Rasputin has influence over 2 vote (Colossus, Nightcrawler).
    Storm has 1 vote.
    Kate Pryde has 1 vote.
    Professor X, Hope, Destiny, Exodus and Emma Frost have 0 votes.
    Krakoa has a Veto vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Why do i have a feeling that cypher and krakoa will vote to tell humanity omg
    Cypher doesn't have a vote though, he's an interpreter for Krakoa, which has the power to veto any decisions the Quiet Council makes.

The vote to tell humanity about the events of Sins of Sinister already passed in this issue - 4 votes for (Colossus, Nightcrawler/Colossus, Black Priestess, Sebastian Shaw) and 3 votes against (Storm, Mystique, Kate Pryde). It's entirely possible we might see Krakoa veto this decision next issue, or it might let it pass.

I feel we might see Kate Pryde leave the council in the next issue to join the X-Men at the Hellfire Gala.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 06-07-2023 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Misread the Nightcrawler proxy bit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Mother Righteous has influence over 3 votes (Black Priestess, Sebastian Shaw, Mystique).
    Mikhail Rasputin has influence over 1 vote (Colossus).
    Until Nightcrawler's seat is filled, Storm has 2 votes.

Kate Pryde has 1 vote.
    Professor X, Hope, Destiny, Exodus and Emma Frost have 0 votes.
    Krakoa has a Veto vote.
    The council voted to give Colossus control of Nightcrawlers vote, so Mikhail has influence on 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The council voted to give Colossus control of Nightcrawlers vote, so Mikhail has influence on 2.
    I just checked and you are right, I misread the Nightcrawler proxy page as being temporary and not a permanent switch.
    This also helps make sense of the final vote too - I was wondering why Mystique was voting for it.
    Thanks.

Solid issue, nice to see Colossus's dilemma actually come into play in a significant way, maybe Percy was doing set up for this all along?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I really wish they would save Colossus from this hell already, poor man has suffered so much because of his psycho brother.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Well written issue, but I am starting to reach the point I do with all X-books over time - mutant powers keep breaking my suspension of disbelief, and make it hard to make conflicts believable.

Mikhail has the Chronicler control Colossus ... to destroy Krakoa. In order for this to happen, so many dominos have to fall to get Colossus to get appointed to the council, and then specific unforseen things have to happen to get Colossus to have even more voting powers.

Why not control any number of other mutants, instead of being lucky enough to have things that Colossus can take advantage of?

It is a poorly written arc, since Colossus has not manipulated events to go into his favor, but instead just has writers dump stuff in his lap while he just sits in a chair with a glint in his eye. This Shaw x Colossus discussion is the only manipulation they have shown, which helps, but otherwise we haven't seen any evidence that he is a competent villain. It is as disappointing as Bran Stark becoming king in Game of Thrones, since he didn't do anything he just had it given to him.
    Mikhael wants Piotr to be the public tool of Krakoa’s destruction
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Gillen is the King!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Ohhhhh okay, I remember now, it's been so long but yeah, Magneto did say something like that. But, that made it seem like Magneto didn't trust Xavier.

?!
    I saw it as, Xavier would sacrifice Krakoa if it meant saving the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I really wish they would save Colossus from this hell already, poor man has suffered so much because of his psycho brother.
    The way Piotrs life would be 50% better if his siblings stopped f****ng with his head. Like that time illyana manipulated him into becoming an avatar for cytorrak, and then didn't free him from it even though she had the power to and she knew he gated being a force of destruction.

Hate the way they just swept over tgat in Extraordinary xmen and started hugging.
    The last meeting shes telling him " im not your snowflake, theres no snowflakes in hell", the next meeting, "my snowflake<3<3"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    The way Piotrs life would be 50% better if his siblings stopped f****ng with his head. Like that time illyana manipulated him into becoming an avatar for cytorrak, and then didn't free him from it even though she had the power to and she knew he gated being a force of destruction.

Hate the way they just swept over tgat in Extraordinary xmen and started hugging.
    The last meeting shes telling him " im not your snowflake, theres no snowflakes in hell", the next meeting, "my snowflake<3<3"
    They addressed the situation in New Mutants.

Even thinking about it with fresh eyes, the hardest plot to wank away here is Destiny being resurrected by hope meaning she can't be on the council (well can't vote) because she may be corrupted. Well by that logic shouldn't hope be off resurrections completely because any resurrection now holds the possibility of being tainted by sinister. Also it's the right thing to show the world what mutants do which again was compiled by psychics and info but it's not okay to show the world all of what orichis and others do with another composite perhaps show them moira's lives. And no the book doesn't blatantly say it's not okay but the option is never raised to show the world what orichis did but the flip is so quickly raised and made to seem like "The right thing"
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-08-2023 at 07:50 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Even thinking about it with fresh eyes, the hardest plot to wank away here is Destiny being resurrected by hope meaning she can't be on the council (well can't vote) because she may be corrupted. Well by that logic shouldn't hope be off resurrections completely because any resurrection now holds the possibility of being tainted by sinister. Also it's the right thing to show the world what mutants do which again was compiled by psychics and info but it's not okay to show the world all of what orichis and others do with another composite perhaps show them moira's lives. And no the book doesn't blatantly say it's not okay but the option is never raised to show the world what orichis did but the flip is so quickly raised and made to seem like "The right thing"
    I think the issue is that the Sinister DNA was in all the resurrected people but Hope was removing it, so when Synch did the resurrection he didn't remove anything from the four. Since Sins of Sinister ended Forge isn't sure if the Sinister DNA was removed so the four might be corrupted. So resurrections are either handled by someone who can't remove the DNA or someone who is (possibly but probably not) compromised and won't remove the DNA. Until they are able to confirm or accept that the four aren't corrupted they're stuck like this.
    The four votes to reveal everything are split between 2 for Mikhail and 2 for Mother Righteous. Neither of them are working for Krakoa's interests so that's why a potentially damaging vote is going through. Although with Krakoa's veto I wonder if that's what the next issue will be about.