Humoros nuisance The PhantomDreamlander's Avatar

Default my thoughts on Ducktales 1987 and why its higly influential

Life is like a hurricane in this duckberg race cars lasers airplanes in this duckblur might solve a mystery… or rewrite history ducktales woohoo!!!

the adventures of gummi bears released before it however, Ducktales 1987 in my view is a very incredible american television cartoon and very influential too.

it showed that television animation can be on the levels of a theatrical cartoon short with really great animation and high quality art more shown with the later half of ducktales 1987 but thats me getting ahead of myself.

(I can’t help my self the backgrounds drawn in this cartoon are absolutley stunning)

There were cartoons that released after it that are just as and influential with being more cartoony like Mighty Mouse the new adventures and Who Framed Roger Rabbit which needs no introduction

Because people hardly mention it when talking about ducktales 1987 it i have to bring up the soundtrack done by ron jones it hands down is the greatest cartoon soundtrack ever all the orcheastrated music of ducktales 1987 manages to be catchy

triumphant and foreboding the best way to describe most of its song is having a 80’s sitcom vibe truly criminal this soundtrack has never been released

luckily some of the songs of the soundtrack are on youtube and i will show one of my favorites

there is a video that showcases the soundtrack to a greater extent. Ducktales 1987 music montage tribute part 1 and 2

I might as well get to what i conisder my all time favorite #1 episode of this cartoon The Masked Mallard from the second season.

it embodies everything i like in comic books the darkly lit city, cool superhero costumes wacky and weird villains plus the entire episode goes for an animated comic book which looks so damn cool

tumblr_b8c6b7198cbf836f7c01ce6c6bf050f1_625963e0_1280.jpg

Now i discuss the part of the cartoon i find to be the most intresting the later half of the show with late season 1 and season 2 seems to have been written to be a much more comedic wackyier driven cartoon with the episode plots in additon the animation being alot more stretchy plus the characters being slightly redesigned.

this is a change im a massive fan of, the early season 1 episodes have a charm to them but i would be lying if i said hugely prefer the later episodes.

It shows the change of top an emphasis of a more cartoonier tone that later 80’s cartoons would adopt mainly evident with the first roger rabbit theatrical short and continue to get zanier throughout the 90’s with cartoons to come later in that decade.

I get to discuss my favorite part of this show

The episode Double O Duck has alot of importance it basically inspired them to create a cartoon sometime in 1989 about a james bond parody duck with his side kick launchpad mcquack and noisy neighbors the muddlefoots and fighting against F.O.W.L

This cartoon would turn into what would become the superhero parody themed cartoon of darkwing duck of course. about the daring duck of mystery that flaps in the night.

Im very glad this series did get released on dvd but i find it rather silly it took 11 years for them to release the final episodes with the final volume. perhaps the best way to watch the cartoon are the dvd’s for the best picture quality.

ya see the thing with humor is that it could either be real funny or completley terrible, the nightmare comes with everyone thinking your unfunny.

I agree that Ducktales 1987 is influential and important. I have enjoyed it in my childhood days.

Your amazing opinion piece is quite right on the spot.

This was a great post. I always loved Ducktales, I still have a soft spot for The Pilot The Treasure of the Golden Suns. I used to have that on VHS and wore it out to the point of the tape broke.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Interesting post. This was something I enjoyed watching after school.