View Poll Results: Who needs some serious focus soon?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madrox

13 12.75%
  • Dazzler

26 25.49%
  • Magma

28 27.45%
  • Hellion

31 30.39%
  • Cannonball

27 26.47%
  • Neal Shaara

17 16.67%
  • Layla Miller

10 9.80%
  • Petra and/or Sway

23 22.55%
  • Skin

18 17.65%
  • Indra

13 12.75%
  • Lifeguard and/or Slipstream

17 16.67%
  • Phantazia

19 18.63%
  • Husk

23 22.55%
  • Danger

18 17.65%
  • other (please name in thread)

20 19.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Christian Frost
    Morph & Hindsight
    Shade/Darkveil
    Callisto
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

It's a damn crime that Phantazia hasn't even made a cameo at this point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Husk always deserves better. Enjoyed her in Strain's Generation X, but she's had it rough as character between Austin's and Aaron's run. Also being killed off panel in House of X. Would love to see Paige get well written treatment one day.
    I would love a mini based around the Guthrie clan. We know that Sam, Paige, Josh/Jay, Melody and Jed(Jeb?) have had their mutations manifest, and from the Age of Apocalypse, it has been foreshadowed that Elizabeth becomes a size-shifter / growing character who calls herself Amazon, but that leaves four *other* siblings as potential mutants (one of which, the tenth child, a girl, doesn't even have a name yet!). Plus mom Lucinda, who is still part of their lives, and obviously a mutant-ally, if not an actual mutant, since she's raising a brood of mutants!

And we have no idea what Jed (Jeb?) could do, he manifested a harmless blue electrical/plasma/fire in his first appearance, but that could be an energy manifestation (fire or electricity or neither), a telepathic illusion, a hologram manifestation, etc. Similarly, Melody's power has been labeled as a 'flight aura' which sounds different enough from just 'flight' to suggest that she can generate an aura in which *other* people might be able to fly, which would be a neat power, allowing her to carry a bunch of passengers, perhaps on a blanket of psychoreactively charged air infused with psionic particles that make the air respond to the thoughts of people cocooned in them, allowing them to fly for a time, or some such technobabble. (And that sort of nonsense lends itself to more creative options than just 'mass flight,' like learning to infuse the same psionic 'flight aura' into water, and take an entire group of people on an underwater excursion! Or make the air cling tight enough to people to survive briefly in vacuum!)

I do like that, despite being related, the Guthrie siblings all have different powers, and aren't just copies of their parents, like Jean Grey's various AU telepathic / telekinetic kids, or Lorna. It's neat that the X-gene itself can pass on, despite one's *specific* mutation not passing on. (Although a higher than expected percentage of them, so far, can fly in some way. Josh, Sam, Melody and Paige (who can husk herself into a flying form). For all we know, Jed/Jeb is going to be able to use his electro-plasma-whatever to fly as well!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-08-2023 at 12:16 PM.

I went with Dazzler. If I remember correctly, she generated some buzz back in the day and carried her own book for a while. I think she got lost in the shuffle at one point, but great character, has some history, and all she needs is the spotlight one more time!

Incredible Member

Theres a few. Ugly John, Choir, and Marylin (cook from the school) and Squidboy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Husk always deserves better. Enjoyed her in Strain's Generation X, but she's had it rough as character between Austin's and Aaron's run. Also being killed off panel in House of X. Would love to see Paige get well written treatment one day.

Skin is too cool not to get more love.

Petra and Sway I think have a lot of potential as characters.

Dazzler deserves more respect, and should have more to do in general. Not just showing up as a poster in people's room.

Neal Shaara is hot, and I'd love to see him get a second chance (with a codename that works better for him).
    Have we seen Neal since Karima was over wrote by her future self?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Magma! Magma! Magma! Magma!
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I like so many of the choices in the poll so I just voted for a bunch of them. I'm also keen to read more about:

Mimic
    Changeling

because their alternate universe versions cannot be more interesting than the 616 versions... time for Marvel to do something with these 2, especially with Morph being part of X-Men 97.

And then my darlings Tobias Messenger and Tad Carter, who I've been obsessed with since the early naughties.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    And then my darlings Tobias Messenger and Tad Carter, who I've been obsessed with since the early naughties.
    I like the Promise since they seem to focus on psychic/psionic mutants, and it could be a neat place to see some mutant-on-mutant classicism (Emma once accused Xavier of being a bit preferential to mentalists, which seems a bit like projection on her part, since her favorite students seem to be Empath, Hellion and the Cuckoos...).

Plus it could be fun to see some exploration of the less-telepathic/telekinetic sides of psychic powers. Some precognitives, psychometrists, clairvoyants, astral projectors, mind over body types, empaths, dreamwalkers, etc.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-08-2023 at 03:44 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Phantazia or Danger, the former as a foil to Storm and the latter because her perspective in this era is missing and would be unique both a mutant and a.i.

From the list Husk and Danger. But who I really want is Lady Mastermind and Ariel!

Adding Threnody to mix. Especially in a Sinister era.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Dazzler, Petra, Sway, Oya, Hellion, Neal Shaara, Husk, and Skin deserve more focus. I like Danger but feel like her story has been told; she had a complete arc imo.

More triage. Orlando did a good job of fleshing out his powers and limits to make them more understandable for the average writer. I feel he could work well on any team or setting be it magical or not due to his power set.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Oya, Transonic, and Trinary.

We don't even know Trinary's name lmao
    Shilpa Khatri