View Poll Results: Who needs some serious focus soon?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madrox

13 12.75%
  • Dazzler

26 25.49%
  • Magma

28 27.45%
  • Hellion

31 30.39%
  • Cannonball

27 26.47%
  • Neal Shaara

17 16.67%
  • Layla Miller

10 9.80%
  • Petra and/or Sway

23 22.55%
  • Skin

18 17.65%
  • Indra

13 12.75%
  • Lifeguard and/or Slipstream

17 16.67%
  • Phantazia

19 18.63%
  • Husk

23 22.55%
  • Danger

18 17.65%
  • other (please name in thread)

20 19.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I would have love for Scanner to get some focus ( could have been on x team to cause mess with Scott and Jean), Shola( could have been a marauder or shown up in New Mutants because of his connection to Kitty and Karma) ,Kidogo ( a virtual blank slate that could have been put in Excalibur, def would have liked his reaction since he is Kenyan), Threnody (is very much needed to beat Maddie's tail), and I would love for Ewing to really explore Risque. I was so much waiting for her reunion with Jimmy and her having beef with John.

The obvious answer is Hellion of course. The writers aren't doing anything with the poor guy(well, lots of characters are being ignored, but let's give Hellion some love). Ideally, Hellion in a new team with the other unused characters, like Cannonball, Layla, Husk and Indra. Also I want to see more of Dazzler.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I would have love for Scanner to get some focus ( could have been on x team to cause mess with Scott and Jean), Shola( could have been a marauder or shown up in New Mutants because of his connection to Kitty and Karma) ,Kidogo ( a virtual blank slate that could have been put in Excalibur, def would have liked his reaction since he is Kenyan), Threnody (is very much needed to beat Maddie's tail), and I would love for Ewing to really explore Risque. I was so much waiting for her reunion with Jimmy and her having beef with John.
    Yes indeed to Scanner, Shola, Kidogo and Risque! (I never really got the actual nature of Threnody's mutation, although she *looks* very cool!)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yes indeed to Scanner, Shola, Kidogo and Risque! (I never really got the actual nature of Threnody's mutation, although she *looks* very cool!)
    Initially, it was framed as she "felt" it when folks died. So when folks died she felt it psionically(empathically) and absorbed that energy of the death and could not control it so she had uncontrollable blasts. Later on, during her run in Xman, she was a called a pro active empath which I like. She was a death battery, she changed depth energy into plasma. Then later on after Maddie killed her because she is horrible, her powers shifted as she did not die because she absorbed the energy of her death.

In many ways, its easier to think of her as the flipside to Triage. He manipulates life force and she manipulates death force. She absorbs the energy from pain or death, can create destructive blasts, can reanimate recently dead people and turn them into zombies. This is why she should have been in play when the mutants were facing the Eternals. Her and Triage need to do some circuits but alas.

trend7.jpg

threnody05.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I would have love for Scanner to get some focus ( could have been on x team to cause mess with Scott and Jean),
    Especially if writers remember the power upgrade she got eventually. being able to punch astral forms is even more impressive when you realize she first needs to be able to SEE them coming.

I forgot to cast a vote for other.

I would like to see more of the Mastermind Sisters, Surge, Triage, and original the Hellions.

For non-mutants Briar Raleigh.

For villains Miss Sinister.

Edit: Forgot Skids. Maybe a few others also. Thank you to ThomBolyen for reminding me about her in the post below mine.
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-12-2023 at 09:30 AM.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I voted Dazzler because I always want more Alison, all day every day.
    I didn't realize it was multiple choice because I would have voted for my guy Cannonball.

Characters not on the list I would love to see more of would be Skids, Lourdes (they brought her back, now use her), and the original Hellions.

I thought Lifeguard/Slipstream were D'Ken's children, I never thought they were Deathbird's but that's one heck of an idea.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    Characters not on the list I would love to see more of would be Skids, Lourdes (they brought her back, now use her), and the original Hellions.
    Jetstream, Empath, Roulette, Catseye and Tarot are all fascinating to me. Tarot's power is so quiffy and ill-defined, which intrigues me. Roulette seems, like Domino and Longshot, to have all that luck-manipulator goodness going on, and the ability to 'gift' someone with good luck *or* jinx them with bad luck (like Scarlet Witch's old hex bolts) is super cool. And Catseye. I wonder if she could be tied to some sort of feline legend, like the African Mngwa (a stealthy grey lion-cryptid). Or just able to do something else unexpected, like turn into a housecat sized version for infiltration / surprise missions. And we don't even know what Jetstream's power really is. It's not *exactly* like Cannonball, because while he seems invulnerable to impacts, able to smash headfirst through stone walls unharmed, being tagged by one of Magma's lava blasts dropped him from the sky, so he wasn't invulnerable to volcanic heat! (Plus he can't fly without bionics, that, post-resurrection, he might not even have, so who knows what, if anything, he can do these days!)

I thought Lifeguard/Slipstream were D'Ken's children, I never thought they were Deathbird's but that's one heck of an idea.
    Black Light and White Noise, of the Imperial Guard, were *also* said to be her kids. For someone who doesn't seem to have a maternal bone in her body, Deathbird sure has a lot of kids... (Perhaps being able to hand eggs off to nannies to raise and never even meet the infants until they are grown up enough to be useful makes it easier for her.)

I really would like to see more Typhoid, Lourdes and Catseye!!! Catseye for ANY X team. Phantazia needs a moment as a new ruthless powerhouse of a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    it's a timeline thing.

As an exile from Shi'ar space, Cal'syee came to Earth quite a while ago. D'Ken didn't. Yeah, there's the things with Gabriel Summers and Adam Neramani. Gabriel isn't D'ken's biological child, and Adam is... not someone who grew up on Earth IIRC. *looks it up* Adam grew up on the planet Ch'reesharaa which is a Shi'ar colony world.

Oh yeah, that gets weird for Adam.... his aunt(Cal'syee) married his half-brother(Gabriel) o-o' Cal'syee and Gabriel aren't even the same species, but.....

Astonishing Member

Of course, it also hilariously means that Slipstream is a half-bird alien surf prince who's the half-brother of Deathbird and Vulcan's child.

I find it hard to believe Deathbird was willing to go through with all these random ass pregnancies. There's also Deathcry or whatever, and the baby she had recently that just disappeared.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I find it hard to believe Deathbird was willing to go through with all these random ass pregnancies. There's also Deathcry or whatever, and the baby she had recently that just disappeared.
    Fair. That was my big gripe with Bendis making Mystique the mother of Raze and Xavier 2.0 in just a couple of years of each other when she's notoriously NOT maternal to her biological kids in particular, so felt....off. Course, with most of these characters, its largely rumor or unsubstantiated headcanon or intent-of-author that never got followed through on. Her kid with Vulcan is the only one that's 100% her child, even Deathcry I believe has been alleged to actually be D'Ken's daughter and Deathbird was her aunt. Personally I think Lifeguard and Slipstream are plausible as they fit the timeline of her exile on Earth and I could see Deathbird shacking up with an Earth crime boss who did seem to have his own code of honor....that's the kind of morally gray character she seems to be attracted to, historically.

(Even with Vulcan she was really only interested in him in the beginning, when he was more focused on his actual grievances and before he'd gone full war crimes on everyone in the crossfire. She doesn't seem to have much interest in paramours who go full villain, like she seems to like when they can go either way. Keeps it interesting I suppose).

Course its also worth noting that Xandra, for example, was not at all born in the traditional Earth way, and the Shi'ar seem to have other options for carrying babies to term via incubation, etc. Even Vulcan was born this way in Shi'ar space. When she was pregnant with his kid she was actively on the run, but in theory she could have used Shi'ar technology to have some of her other alleged kids without actually having to go through the whole physiological pregnancy herself. And while she isn't exactly the maternal type, she IS someone who is very fixated on the idea of legacy and the royal bloodline, etc, so she makes sense to want heirs even if she doesn't particularly want to have them or deal with them all that much, personally.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 06-12-2023 at 05:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Course its also worth noting that Xandra, for example, was not at all born in the traditional Earth way, and the Shi'ar seem to have other options for carrying babies to term via incubation, etc. Even Vulcan was born this way in Shi'ar space. When she was pregnant with his kid she was actively on the run, but in theory she could have used Shi'ar technology to have some of her other alleged kids without actually having to go through the whole physiological pregnancy herself. And while she isn't exactly the maternal type, she IS someone who is very fixated on the idea of legacy and the royal bloodline, etc, so she makes sense to want heirs even if she doesn't particularly want to have them or deal with them all that much, personally.
    Yeah, the egg thing may make it physically easier on Deathmom. But still, do they not have reliable birth control in stargate-making space empire? (OTOH, even if they have it, she might have run out during her exile on Earth, and could hardly pop over to CVS to imperiously demand a refill on her alien-bird-lady-progestin script.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, the egg thing may make it physically easier on Deathmom. But still, do they not have reliable birth control in stargate-making space empire? (OTOH, even if they have it, she might have run out during her exile on Earth, and could hardly pop over to CVS to imperiously demand a refill on her alien-bird-lady-progestin script.)
    Also, the timeline is important. the kid with Gabriel is like 20 years or so after the other 4. Whitenoise and Blacklight were presumably before her exile. Then Lifeguard and Slipstream years later. As for WHY, yeah, we don't know exactly what Deathbird was doing on Earth at that time.

Deathcry... I thought was Lilandra's child since she, well, did what Lilandra told her to do. But yeah, we're not sure which of D'ken, Lilandra and Cal'syee is her parent.