Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM 27 Preview

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Peter can't even beat Shocker without help.

So are they going to break up because Peter is being a killjoy? I dunno, I get Felicia trying to get him to lighten up but this feels a little like their BND dynamic and it all just feels in bad taste with the prior issue.
    No. He's going to become very controlling and oppressive and cheat on her with mj who's now a super hero and cheating on paul because he's depressed the kids died

BANNED

I agree it's kind of crappy for Felicia to set up a super villain just to try and make Peter feel better. For one, don't really get how it's supposed to make him feel better. I guess beating up a bad guy, like venting his anger? But that's been proven to not really be a healthy outlet.

But I get it, she's trying, and to be fair this side of his life is what she knows best about him.

Just feels like such a weird note to start the next year of the run on. After that dour ending.

This week's Spider-Man #9 already hints that Peter x Felicia have broken up.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This week's Spider-Man #9 already hints that Peter x Felicia have broken up.

So now the spider office talk to each other, that’s interesting maybe they didn’t do that for ASM 19 as you say those issues didn’t count lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    So now the spider office talk to each other, that’s interesting maybe they didn’t do that for ASM 19 as you say those issues didn’t count lol
    They do know. That the bridesmaids may be the bride's criminal friends costumed or otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Shocker need a win but damn shocker this is your new low being called to lighten up Spider-man.
    It's kind of sad that the only way Shocker can win is to fight against the most useless version of Spider-Man ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I agree it's kind of crappy for Felicia to set up a super villain just to try and make Peter feel better. For one, don't really get how it's supposed to make him feel better. I guess beating up a bad guy, like venting his anger? But that's been proven to not really be a healthy outlet.

But I get it, she's trying, and to be fair this side of his life is what she knows best about him.

Just feels like such a weird note to start the next year of the run on. After that dour ending.
    Also has Shocker even actually committed a crime here?

BANNED

It's kind of sad that the only way Shocker can win is to fight against the most useless version of Spider-Man ever.

Also has Shocker even actually committed a crime here?
    Maybe, he...he uh...he probably shocked somebody. Although it does look like they got there before he did anything. Peter can't even stop actual crimes now. Just pretend ones that haven't even happened yet.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    I doubt it lol. I would find it hard to believe they hint a break up already happened in another book and not have it occur first in the flagship title first.

BANNED

Yeah I doubt that's really implying anything about Peter x Felicia. While I agree they're doomed, I don't think they'd spoil it like that. Peter seems to kinda stumble as if not sure how to tell them he's dating someone already. He's a polite guy, probably doesn't like turning them down.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    Yeah I doubt that's really implying anything about Peter x Felicia. While I agree they're doomed, I don't think they'd spoil it like that. Peter seems to kinda stumble as if not sure how to tell them he's dating someone already. He's a polite guy, probably doesn't like turning them down.
    So Aunt May in issue 19 commented them going together and seemed to know they were a thing. In that issue implied Peter was single. This preview doesn't exactly inspire confidence that they'll work it out, but we'll see

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    So Aunt May in issue 19 commented them going together and seemed to know they were a thing. In that issue implied Peter was single. This preview doesn't exactly inspire confidence that they'll work it out, but we'll see
    Could be, I just don't feel it's a smoking gun that they're broke up, you know?

I will say, Peter being a jerk over Kamala's death and that splitting them up before the wedding would make a lot of sense for this version of Peter. Dude's just miserable to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I haven't seen Peter this aggressive since....

the last time he fought Shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I haven't seen Peter this aggressive since....

the last time he fought Shocker

They need to give us a scene like this in Insomniac's next Spider-Man game, lol.

Peter can't even beat Shocker without help.
    Now we finally know who's the bigger loser between both.

Reminder MJ defeated him offscreen with maybe Felicia's help back in Beyond lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

The tonal whiplash from last issue to this is hurting my neck.