Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

So, what’s interesting to me is that we’ve already seen some major Ultimates and X-men players and they’re kind of villains. Namely the Hulk and Colossus (plus Magik too). As they are part of this global conspiracy running the world. So it’s doubtful either of them is on those teams, at least at the beginning, unless they defect.

Honestly, I’m still wondering if the X-men will look like the 616 X-men at all. The Ultimates so far do look like their 616 counterparts, with the exception of Doom (Reed) and Sif running around with them. But it looks like the Big Three are all there (Tony, Thor, Cap). So that’s familiar. Where is Wolverine in the present day of this new 6160 Universe I wonder? Still a captive of Weapon X? And is he old like his 616 counterpart? I’d imagine so. How about the rest of the X-men? Are they younger for some reason in this timeline in the present day? Like Tony?

And will Peter Parker be this universe’s Spider-man at all?

Lots of questions. I know they’ll get answered in time, hopefully at NYCC a week from Saturday.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

I'm not gonna bother writing down my own speculation because the Oct 12 panel isn't far off. But I will say it's best to make predictions about what will happens in the opposite way.

Good advice. Probably shouldn’t get my hopes up for anything even resembling the original Ultimate X-men or 616 X-men.

Astonishing Member

Only 4 more days for Ultimate Comics news

My fear is it's just going to be Ultimate Spider-man, as that's all that's been announced so far. Probably will take longer to get Ultimate X-men news, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I hope it's not too much to ask for a non-abusive Hank Pym. I expect we'll get an Ultimates announcement and maybe a lineup reveal. My guess is it leans heavy into MCU synergy.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

We already have Tony Stark as the science genius guy, and Scott Lang as the Ant-Man guy. Who needs Paul Rudd's father-in-law?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    I hope it's not too much to ask for a non-abusive Hank Pym. I expect we'll get an Ultimates announcement and maybe a lineup reveal. My guess is it leans heavy into MCU synergy.
    That's kind of what I'm thinking. Hickman seems to be their go-to guy for creating things which could be adapted for the MCU. I fully expect some of what he cooked up in House of X/Powers of X to be used when the X-men show up, for example. Probably not all of it, such as the move away from the mansion aesthetic to the Krakoan nation-state... at least not at first, but some other aspects such as ORCHIS and this notion of A.I. and sentient machines versus mutantkind will no doubt be used. I kind of feel the same about this new Ultimate Universe... like it may be the template for the post-Avengers: Secret Wars soft reboot that's been rumored.

Guess we'll see...

This may have already been answered in the thread (sorry if it has), but is there two Ultimate Universes now, since it was established that the old one still exists?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Yes, but there are more than even two Utlimate Universes, I know what happened to Donny Cates but he could always revisit his own story and go back to it again, well later.

Taking something from the comics is adaption, the reverse way is syngery.

Astonishing Member

List of Ultimate Universes and universes related to Ultimate

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ultimate_Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That's kind of what I'm thinking. Hickman seems to be their go-to guy for creating things which could be adapted for the MCU. I fully expect some of what he cooked up in House of X/Powers of X to be used when the X-men show up, for example. Probably not all of it, such as the move away from the mansion aesthetic to the Krakoan nation-state... at least not at first, but some other aspects such as ORCHIS and this notion of A.I. and sentient machines versus mutantkind will no doubt be used. I kind of feel the same about this new Ultimate Universe... like it may be the template for the post-Avengers: Secret Wars soft reboot that's been rumored.

Guess we'll see...
    I think it's probably reasonable Hickman might go even more out there with the new Ultimate X-Men. I don't see him repeating himself that much.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's probably reasonable Hickman might go even more out there with the new Ultimate X-Men. I don't see him repeating himself that much.
    I could see the X-Men becoming a team of freedom fighters against this world order. That scenario could easily have a Logan working with a team of teenage or at least relatively young X-Men, a lot more plausibly than the original UU team did.

That could be cool for sure.