Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Default The Ultimate Comics Line returns!

Earlier today, select retailers were invited to the Ultimate Invasion Virtual Conference, where writer Jonathan Hickman, artist Bryan Hitch, and Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski laid out the plans for a new ULTIMATE UNIVERSE that will spin out of the pages of the ULTIMATE INVASION series.

Launching later this month, the four-part limited series seemingly heralded the return of the Ultimate Universe, but as retailers just learned, it’ll actually mark the creation of something entirely new. Something that has been forged in fire, and shaped by design…

In the same vein as the groundbreaking Ultimate Comics line that defined the 2000s with bold storytelling and risk-taking twists on Marvel characters, Hickman and Hitch’s new universe will revolutionize the world outside your window. Witness the spark that will light this new age in ULTIMATE INVASION.

After the Maker’s desperate attempt to restore the Ultimate Universe unleashes massive, unintended consequences, a group of Marvel’s heroes are caught in a war between timelines. As universes collide, the foundation of a new line of ULTIMATE COMICS will be built.

This November, Marvel is proud to present ULTIMATE UNIVERSE #1—a one-shot written by Jonathan Hickman and drawn by Stefano Caselli with a cover by Bryan Hitch. The breathtaking epic will introduce readers to this new line that will be home to an array of brand-new hard-hitting series. A fresh start for a new generation, prepare to see your favorite characters redefined for today’s world. Stay tuned in the coming months for more information about this exciting new universe crafted by some of today’s greatest comic book visionaries.

ULTIMATE UNIVERSE #1
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Art by STEFANO CASELLI
    Cover by BRYAN HITCH
    On Sale November

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Is there still room for the Ultimate Universe?

If I had to guess they'll probably at the very least do Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-Man.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

It really is sad that Marvel has literally done nothing but rehash old stuff under CB. And looking at this cover, this rehash isn't even anything new ... it's the same damn characters Marvel pushes in the 616. I like Hickman, but I doubt he can even save this.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Did they say what year they would be releasing the comic?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Did they say what year they would be releasing the comic?
    It is coming out November 2023. The Ultimate Line itself probably won't be out until 2024.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It is coming out November 2023. The Ultimate Line itself probably won't be out until 2024.
    4 issue limited series, shipping in Nov 2023, Aug 2024, ??? 2025 and (hopefully) 2028!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    4 issue limited series, shipping in Nov 2023, Aug 2024, ??? 2025 and (hopefully) 2028!!!
    That's a different Ultimate Series which sets up all of this. This is a one shot and then a bunch of ongoings.

So it begins...

I mean, this'll live and die by the creatives on the series that launches. I think using the Ultimate name to invoke the original spirit of Ultimate Marvel is a good idea, so I hope they hold to that. Launching it out of an event makes that promise a little suspect to me.

Mighty Member

Honestly, depending on who is writing the almost certain Ultimate Spider-Man book, and if the Wells' run continues in its current direction, I may just jump ship and get the USM title over amazing.
    USM was always my Spider-Man book anyway, so excited to see it return.

I have faith in Hickman

Which Spidey will they go with, Miles or Peter? Moving Miles back would probably be the best thing for Miles, but getting a new young Peter Parker would be the best thing for 616 Peter. Might finally force Marvel editorial to relent with regards to Peter & MJ being together.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Which Spidey will they go with, Miles or Peter? Moving Miles back would probably be the best thing for Miles, but getting a new young Peter Parker would be the best thing for 616 Peter. Might finally force Marvel editorial to relent with regards to Peter & MJ being together.
    Probably Peter, they'll call it "Ultimate Spider-Man" and Miles' will probably continue as in his own title.

Looks very much like the old Ultimate universe. It would have been interesting to have different characters in the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Looks very much like the old Ultimate universe. It would have been interesting to have different characters in the forefront.
    I agree.

Right now I'm largely indifferent to Ultimate Universe returning. So it's a wait and see for me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-08-2023 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Earlier today, select retailers were invited to the Ultimate Invasion Virtual Conference, where writer Jonathan Hickman, artist Bryan Hitch, and Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski laid out the plans for a new ULTIMATE UNIVERSE that will spin out of the pages of the ULTIMATE INVASION series.

Launching later this month, the four-part limited series seemingly heralded the return of the Ultimate Universe, but as retailers just learned, it’ll actually mark the creation of something entirely new. Something that has been forged in fire, and shaped by design…

In the same vein as the groundbreaking Ultimate Comics line that defined the 2000s with bold storytelling and risk-taking twists on Marvel characters, Hickman and Hitch’s new universe will revolutionize the world outside your window. Witness the spark that will light this new age in ULTIMATE INVASION.

After the Maker’s desperate attempt to restore the Ultimate Universe unleashes massive, unintended consequences, a group of Marvel’s heroes are caught in a war between timelines. As universes collide, the foundation of a new line of ULTIMATE COMICS will be built.

This November, Marvel is proud to present ULTIMATE UNIVERSE #1—a one-shot written by Jonathan Hickman and drawn by Stefano Caselli with a cover by Bryan Hitch. The breathtaking epic will introduce readers to this new line that will be home to an array of brand-new hard-hitting series. A fresh start for a new generation, prepare to see your favorite characters redefined for today’s world. Stay tuned in the coming months for more information about this exciting new universe crafted by some of today’s greatest comic book visionaries.

ULTIMATE UNIVERSE #1
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Art by STEFANO CASELLI
    Cover by BRYAN HITCH
    On Sale November

I’m ecstatic about this! I loved the UU. They’re bring back Ultimate Tony which is right up my alley. Hope he gets his own series.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark