Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m wondering if Maker’s changes to the intended history are going to stick. First we see him prevent Peter Parker from becoming Spider-Man. Wouldn’t surprise me if he also prevents this world’s F4 and X-Men from forming too. Perhaps we will see a soft reboot at the end that undoes the changes.
    God, I hope not. I'm excited as heck for the spoilers:
    6160. It's Post-crisis Ultimate U, except the crisis is an off-his-rocker Maker fucking around with cause and effect. It's the 2009 Mortal Kombat reboot, or Final Fantasy 7: remake, Marvel-style
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It was already apparent but this issues confirms that spoilers:
    It's a new Ultimate Universe entirely, Earth 6160.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's what I was hoping for and is the right choice. Better to start over with a whole new blank canvas then trying to keep what came before. it'll allow for completely new takes on everything, which I'm here for.
    end of spoilers

Really enjoyed the issue, though it was obviously a lot of set up getting us from point A to point B. I'm sure the following issues will be filled with the history of this world and its characters, which will no doubt be great with Hickman masterminding it.

spoilers:
    I really liked Reed and Maker's conversation. Maker was basically asking for Reed's approval and I think Reed didn't realize it or maybe he did but went with yes anyway. Maker was saying "would you mess with history and fate for what you deem the greater good" and when he got his answer he went and erased Spider-man from existence in the new ultimate universe.
    end of spoilers

I'm really hyped for what follows.

Incredible Member

Great issue, and it already feels like it is ripe for cinematic adaptation. Like the Dark Knight, start with a heist scene, move in to the assembling the crew scene, going to the confrontation scene, and then the ending tease where the villain has changed things.

My only nitpick was ... what was the point of the Maker's initial ruse? Since the ruse ultimately failed on first contact, was the Maker just wrong in assuming that Reed was already keeping tabs on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    spoilers:
    I really liked Reed and Maker's conversation. Maker was basically asking for Reed's approval and I think Reed didn't realize it or maybe he did but went with yes anyway. Maker was saying "would you mess with history and fate for what you deem the greater good" and when he got his answer he went and erased Spider-man from existence in the new ultimate universe.
    end of spoilers

I'm really hyped for what follows.
    Yeah that’s how I took it too. Reed knew what Maker was going to do, he outright says it. Of course the big question now is: is there a 6160 Reed? Or is that why Maker chose that Earth, because it didn’t have a Reed there. I’m wonder if it has a Sue, Ben, and Johnny, and if Maker is going to be interacting with them…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    what was the point of the Maker's initial ruse? Since the ruse ultimately failed on first contact, was the Maker just wrong in assuming that Reed was already keeping tabs on him?
    I think you pretty much answered your own question. I think it has less to do with Reed and more to us as readers. This is a Reed that makes mistakes. It's a way to show the differences to a new reader who has no idea who the Maker is. He is a character that makes mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It was already apparent but this issues confirms that spoilers:
    It's a new Ultimate Universe entirely, Earth 6160.
    end of spoilers
    That's not apparent at all. If I had to venture a theory, The Maker spoilers:
    is taking elements from not just Earth 6160 but others to create a new universe. 6160 just happens to be the first.
    end of spoilers

Yeah that’s how I took it too. Reed knew what Maker was going to do, he outright says it. Of course the big question now is: is there a 6160 Reed? Or is that why Maker chose that Earth, because it didn’t have a Reed there. I’m wonder if it has a Sue, Ben, and Johnny, and if Maker is going to be interacting with them…
    Yeah there is so many ways this story can go. This issue was mostly setup and now with that out of the way Hickman can go nuts in the next one.

Astonishing Member

It's a universe shaped by design. So he is "editing" 6160.

because i'm weird i've all ready imagining 0616 vs. 6160 which funnily if you put together you get the number for D W services in enfield for the U.K. lol

Now that i think about it, if you put 6160 before 0616 you get 61600616 so an infinity loop between 616.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-21-2023 at 02:17 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I actually liked the issue, but it made me even more worried that the new UU will be yet another mostly white sausage fest.

I will enjoy the data pages. I am still mildly confused on how this reboot/relaunch is working so anything that helps with that I am all for.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I’m wondering if Maker’s changes to the intended history are going to stick. First we see him prevent Peter Parker from becoming Spider-Man. Wouldn’t surprise me if he also prevents this world’s F4 and X-Men from forming too. Perhaps we will see a soft reboot at the end that undoes the changes.
    I don't know if the changes will necessarily be undone, but I feel like the universe will end up trying to correct himself. I definitely think Peter will still become Spider-Man, among other things. Maybe not though

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I don't know if the changes will necessarily be undone, but I feel like the universe will end up trying to correct himself. I definitely think Peter will still become Spider-Man, among other things. Maybe not though
    I’d be more interested in a UU that is truly different. If heroes appeared now in the real world would NYC still be the most relevant setting? Would Iron Man be created by an American playboy? Would their Illuminati also be all-male?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    It's a universe shaped by design. So he is "editing" 6160.
    Could be. However, the main plot for this issue was him stealing things. It starts with him stealing various people to stealing parts from the Illuminati. Having him steal things from different universes would be par for the course for him instead of changing things in one universe. If this first issue is any indication of what this mini-series will be before they release the Ultimate Universe reboot, I could see the plot being laid out right in from of us with those henchman. He steals from different universes, makes a mistake with his creation and somehow recreates a messed up 1610 which would lead to the relaunch of the line. But that is just me theorizing.