Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Then we can end the disscussion about this being a new line with an old name and not the previous universe in existence?

Hickmanverse or MCB could be better names. NUltimate even.
    This universe, at least as it was portrayed in the initial mini, does not feel that much like the Ultimate Universe besides some design reuses, but more like unique settings like Age of Apocalypse or House of M.

Even in concept, Ultimate Universe was more about modernizing the regular Marvel continuity while this one seems more like just a wacky alternate universe with stuff like Howard being Iron Man instead of Tony or Hulk being a buddhist.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 11-04-2023 at 03:06 AM.

Amazing Member

I really hope it is good and that it takes some of the changes the MCU nade out of the comics made out of 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, not really. Fury Jr. is a very different character than Ultimate Fury.
    Curiously, both looks exactly like Samuel L. Jackson.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Fantastic Member

Curiously, both looks exactly like Samuel L. Jackson.
    I only payed attention to fury jr. when he was first introduced but he didn’t really look like Samuel l Jackson aside from being black and bald where as Ultimste Nick Fury was always the same guy as the MCU version. That’s who I want to see come back or at least get a 6160 version.

Astonishing Member

Mods close this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Mods close this thread.
    Yeah, close please. Even the title is wrong. This Ultimate line is more like those 2099 books than made later , reinventing the brand, but changing a lot of the characters.
    only consolation is the original always comes back.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Nah above post is wrong.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, close please. Even the title is wrong. This Ultimate line is more like those 2099 books than made later , reinventing the brand, but changing a lot of the characters.
    only consolation is the original always comes back.
    The title is not wrong. Marvel did bring back the Ultimate line of books. It just takes place on a new earth but characters like the maker from the old ultimate line are still involved.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

I got a little confused with Invasion. Early in the story we see that Captain America didn't get frozen in the new universe made by The Maker, but then the story ends with the discovery of Captain America frozen in ice. Can someone explain what happened there?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I got a little confused with Invasion. Early in the story we see that Captain America didn't get frozen in the new universe made by The Maker, but then the story ends with the discovery of Captain America frozen in ice. Can someone explain what happened there?
    Iron Lad and Doom traveled back in time to before The Maker arrived on Earth-6160 and brought Captain America's frozen body back to the present with them.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

That's simple: the Maker was seeking him over here, and he was frozen more over there.

In any case, this Ultimate universe will not deserve that name until Cap wakes up, kicks some villain in the stones, and delivers a badass one-liner.

Fantastic Member

I think the Maker didnt realize that Stark and Reed also had time travel capability and went figured out when to go back and get him before the maker arrived on 6160 to check for him.

This Ultimate Universe one-shot doesn’t resolve anything. It’s just a set-up in the background to the Makers City opening in 2 years time. Tony is not killed in the attack on his HQ in New York, and most probably, either are Thor, Doom, Cap or Sif. There is also some wild superheroes out there in Logan and a mutant girl who has a giant robot suit.

The only hint of Spider-man’s return is Tony, Doom, and Thor stole a momento of a Spider themed hero from the Latveria storehouse where there are thousands of hero momentos kept, but not out in the wild.

Jonathan Hickman has not as yet set-up the new Ultimate Universe altered by the Maker. He has just postponed it for some other time. If Tony’s Ultimate team survived, they won’t risk another attempt to retake the Latveria storehouse of momentos anytime soon, so this slow burn to an inevitable conclusion to this storyline is going to last into the years by this rate. I don’t know if this was how it was planned by Hickman, that nothing happens for months on end. It looks like the Council in control still holds all the political clout and any new characters that appear will have to deal with this particularly forceful entity. I don’t see any change happening here, and that just leaves me at a dead end about this. I really miss the Bendis events all done in 7 issues in 7 months and we have a new status quo. We have 4 lead-up issues, called Ultimate Invasion, and 3 months of side issues, but no main book, and nothing to look forward to.

And where was the Marvel Summer Event this year? I didn’t notice any.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    This Ultimate Universe one-shot doesn’t resolve anything. It’s just a set-up in the background to the Makers City opening in 2 years time. Tony is not killed in the attack on his HQ in New York, and most probably, either are Thor, Doom, Cap or Sif. There is also some wild superheroes out there in Logan and a mutant girl who has a giant robot suit.

The only hint of Spider-man’s return is Tony, Doom, and Thor stole a momento of a Spider themed hero from the Latveria storehouse where there are thousands of hero momentos kept, but not out in the wild.

Jonathan Hickman has not as yet set-up the new Ultimate Universe altered by the Maker. He has just postponed it for some other time. If Tony’s Ultimate team survived, they won’t risk another attempt to retake the Latveria storehouse of momentos anytime soon, so this slow burn to an inevitable conclusion to this storyline is going to last into the years by this rate. I don’t know if this was how it was planned by Hickman, that nothing happens for months on end. It looks like the Council in control still holds all the political clout and any new characters that appear will have to deal with this particularly forceful entity. I don’t see any change happening here, and that just leaves me at a dead end about this. I really miss the Bendis events all done in 7 issues in 7 months and we have a new status quo. We have 4 lead-up issues, called Ultimate Invasion, and 3 months of side issues, but no main book, and nothing to look forward to.

And where was the Marvel Summer Event this year? I didn’t notice any.
    Do we need a summer event? Everybody hated events for the last years. CBR forum was full of it.

The new ultimate universe feels, I don't know...but not retro and not fresh either.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Do we need a summer event? Everybody hated events for the last years. CBR forum was full of it.

The new ultimate universe feels, I don't know...but not retro and not fresh either.
    I heard there were some people who disliked summer events, but everybody bought them to diss on them. Has Marvel changed their policy now to eliminate summer events?