Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Carol is now one of the main flagship heroes now though. I just can't see her staying powerless. And they'll probably go back to having Nick Fury as Director of SHIELD.
    IMO the whole point of the UU is to be different. Giving Carol powers just because there’s a movie coming would defeat that purpose. She’s got plenty of 616 stuff going on if you want a MCU-like Carol.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    I hope this doesn't wind up being overly MCU synergized. This is a chance to give other characters the spotlight. Happy for the people looking forward to this, but I don't think I could be less excited.
    Hmmmm. I would actually be fine if this universe / line was MCU synergized, if it kept the MCU out of the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Hickman as usual. Remember the Illuminati? Or even his Avengers run which had women, but was somehow all about the men (mostly Steve and Tony).
    The Illuminati, by concept, is and should be all male. Hickman inherited it, and made clear that the usual male power structure is not a good thing. Hickman immediately introduced the female Black Swan as a counterpoint to the sausage fest. He has written powerful women, but now that you've pointed it out, I do think Hickman feels more comfortable writing men, than women.

But I also think this cover is based off the books editorial is planning for, so it's really on them that it's all men.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    From what I heard, Quesada was the one who made Bendis break Peter/MJ up in #75 because Quesada wanted Ultimate Peter to go from girl to girl like 616 Peter was now being forced to. Bendis eventually hooks Peter up with Kitty...breaks them up and has her hook up with Kong (Bendis' self-insert character, at least that is how he appears to me)
    I remember hearing that Bendis saw himself as Spidey, and if that's true, and Kong is one as well, kinda funny Kitty dated Bendis twice .

and has Peter move on to Gwen...which...yuck, she's like a SISTER to Peter!
    "What are you doing step bro?"

Anyways...Peter/MJ eventually comes back just in time for Peter to die and Miles to take his place. And then Peter comes back, runs off with MJ and the universe crashes into Earth-616.
    I like the way you worded it here, makes it sound like Spidey getting happiness means the universe has to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Hmm, Ultimate FF but it's Maker, Kitty Pryde, Venom and Hulk? I dig it
    Should a team really have two human characters and two characters who eat humans?

At least, Maker and Kitty can be hard to eat...

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The Illuminati, by concept, is and should be all male. Hickman inherited it, and made clear that the usual male power structure is not a good thing. Hickman immediately introduced the female Black Swan as a counterpoint to the sausage fest. He has written powerful women, but now that you've pointed it out, I do think Hickman feels more comfortable writing men, than women.
    Wasn't Black Swan just saying nihilistic nonsense and following Doom's orders?

Best females I can remember from him are Mystique, Destiny and Emma, and those three are all assholes, which's, not surprising, Hickman seems to prefer callous assholes, it's what he did with Moira when the classic one was anything but a callous asshole lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I remember hearing that Bendis saw himself as Spidey, and if that's true, and Kong is one as well, kinda funny Kitty dated Bendis twice .
    Weird, I heard that about Quesada, not Bendis. And it shows, especially in the art for OMD and OMIT. Hint: Peter looks...different, especially during OMIT.

"What are you doing step bro?"
    LOL. No way!

I like the way you worded it here, makes it sound like Spidey getting happiness means the universe has to die.
    Well...to be more accurate, the order of events was...Peter and MJ ran off into the sunset together, GALACTUS from Earth-616 shows up and destroyed New Jersey along with the Kree, Shi'ar and Chi'tauri Empires and THEN Earth-1610 crashed into Earth-616. Gotta add a dash of some misery before the universe dies, you know?
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 06-09-2023 at 08:44 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Weird, I heard that about Quesada, not Bendis. And it shows, especially in the art for OMD and OMIT. Hint: Peter looks...different, especially during OMIT.
    Interesting, never heard the Quesada seeing himself as Spidey, although, if that's true, and I hope it's not, we have this really fucking weird situation in BND because Carlie is named after his daughter, and just that situation alone is weird by default...

Either way, the "Spidey may be Bendis' self insert" is about Ultimate, not 616, in case there was any confusion, and it's just something I've heard and haven't confirmed lol.

LOL. No way!
    "I'm sorry Peter, I was playing with your webshooters and I accidentally webbed myself to the washing machine!"

Well...to be more accurate, the order of events was...Peter and MJ ran off into the sunset together, GALACTUS from Earth-616 shows up and destroyed New Jersey along with the Kree, Shi'ar and Chi'tauri Empires and THEN Earth-1610 crashed into Earth-616. Gotta add a dash of some misery before the universe dies, you know?
    Considering that during the Galactus story he says the universe is broken, maybe he meant that because its Spidey is happy, the universe is broken and shouldn't exist anymore, and all of this just makes it sound more and more like the universe struggled to just function with a happy Spidey so it had to self destruct .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 06-09-2023 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Bendis is a has been writer
    Has been or never was?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I mean, Stan Lee was churning out some pretty bad stuff in his later years.

Like I said, Bendis wrote some of the best marvel comics ever. But he’s just not the same guy anymore. I think after “Event Leviathan” I had to give up on him.
    You didn’t like Striperella?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Has been or never was?
    Has been is what I meant

Interesting, never heard the Quesada seeing himself as Spidey, although, if that's true, and I hope it's not, we have this really fucking weird situation in BND because Carlie is named after his daughter, and just that situation alone is weird by default...

Either way, the "Spidey may be Bendis' self insert" is about Ultimate, not 616, in case there was any confusion, and it's just something I've heard and haven't confirmed lol.
    Oh, I know, I just thought it was interesting you had heard that about Bendis while I had heard that about Quesada. What a weird coincidence. I also don't know why either man would think that, if such a thing were true, they look nothing like Peter and they certainly don't have Spider-Powers. That I know of, anyways.

"I'm sorry Peter, I was playing with your webshooters and I accidentally webbed myself to the washing machine!"
    LMAO!

"Don't do it Peter, she's like your SISTER!" - Ultimate Aunt May, probably.

Considering that during the Galactus story he says the universe is broken, maybe he meant that because its Spidey is happy, the universe is broken and shouldn't exist anymore, and all of this just makes it sound more and more like the universe struggled to just function with a happy Spidey so it had to self destruct .
    Which is weird because that didn't happen to the MC2 or RYV. Well...okay, they both did get blown up during Secret Wars but so did every other universe where Peter and Mary Jane got their happily ever after. Wait...what if the true cause of Secret Wars was...Peter and Mary Jane being HAPPY?!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 06-10-2023 at 12:32 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Astonishing Member

Only 11 days until the first issue is out. The Universe is going to be different from the previous pre Secret Wars Ultimate Universe. But also reader friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Carol is now one of the main flagship heroes now though. I just can't see her staying powerless. And they'll probably go back to having Nick Fury as Director of SHIELD.
    But he's in 616 already.

Oh, I know, I just thought it was interesting you had heard that about Bendis while I had heard that about Quesada. What a weird coincidence. I also don't know why either man would think that, if such a thing were true, they look nothing like Peter and they certainly don't have Spider-Powers. That I know of, anyways.
    Characters don't really have to look like you for a self insert, doing that just makes it more obvious.

Which is weird because that didn't happen to the MC2 or RYV. Well...okay, they both did get blown up during Secret Wars but so did every other universe where Peter and Mary Jane got their happily ever after. Wait...what if the true cause of Secret Wars was...Peter and Mary Jane being HAPPY?!
    It's probably because Ultimate is a miserable world, and just Spidey being among the least jerkass characters in Ultimate already broke some rules, him being happy? That means the universe is broken .

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    But he's in 616 already.
    Not the same Nick Fury lol.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Carol should be an actual Kree that was raised during wartime.

Characters don't really have to look like you for a self insert, doing that just makes it more obvious.
    Oh, so that's why Quesada made Peter look like himself in OMIT...

It's probably because Ultimate is a miserable world, and just Spidey being among the least jerkass characters in Ultimate already broke some rules, him being happy? That means the universe is broken .
    That checks out. Earth-1610 is pretty miserable.

Fantastic Member

Never read it originally, and I’ll be done with comics as a hobby soon, so easy pass. Never understood the popularity of it, still don’t.