Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

If he's leading the line, maybe he'll pick some of the guys he was working with on X-Men. Maybe Bryan Hill for one of the book since iirc he thought he didnt do the guy justice on the X-books due to him saying Hill didn't have the time to do the story conferences with the other writers?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Bleeding Cool says the upcoming line is..

Ultimates
    Ultimate X-Men
    Ultimate Spider-man
    And Ultimate Black Panther.

Hickman will be writing one of these titles
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...black-panther/

We will see if true.
    Might finally get a good Spider-Man book again. If Cates is still up to work at Marvel I think he’ll get the Spidey book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Isn't Ultimate Tchalla mute?
    It will be 6160 T’Challa not 1610 T’Challa. 6160 is the new Ultimate Universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Will the all-new Ultimate X-Men use the black leather suits? Perhaps not, as they are based on the Fox X-men films, and Marvel may want to distance themselves from that. But on the other hand, it is a unique look that allows to avoid looking too similar to the mainline X-Men, and they already reused the looks of the Ultimates.

Isn't Ultimate Tchalla mute?
    Not the same character, but which would be the problem? A mute comic book character may be hard to write, but it's doable. See Black Bolt and DC's Jericho.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Might finally get a good Spider-Man book again. If Cates is still up to work at Marvel I think he’ll get the Spidey book.

It will be 6160 T’Challa not 1610 T’Challa. 6160 is the new Ultimate Universe.
    Gotcha I wonder will 6160 Tchalla be an aged up Tchalla jr mcu type synergy

For a new Spider-Man I hope this will get Marvel to finally fold on 616 Spidey and MJ being together. Have 6160 Peter be the swinging bachelor who never ages out of high school or gets with MJ. Hickman putting Peter and Liz together instead of Gwen or MJ like Bendis did makes me think that will be exactly what they do.

For X-Men, keep the team small. It should be a five man band like the original X-Men, but with a different lineup. I personally would have a team of Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Forge, and Emma Frost. That would be mostly the kind of lineup you’d “expect” but with Emma in the mix to make things interesting.

Surprised there won’t be an Ultimate F4. What with the movie coming and Hickman involved, I had thought that would be a thing.

Gotcha I wonder will 6160 Tchalla be an aged up Tchalla jr mcu type synergy
    Lord I hope not, I don’t think so. Thor seems to be his typical god self instead of the MCU alien/god look. My guess is it will be a T’Challa, but there will be some MCU influence. Killmonger will be his cousin instead of a random Wankandan for example, M’Baku may be an ally instead of an enemy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For a new Spider-Man I hope this will get Marvel to finally fold on 616 Spidey and MJ being together. Have 6160 Peter be the swinging bachelor who never ages out of high school or gets with MJ. Hickman putting Peter and Liz together instead of Gwen or MJ like Bendis did makes me think that will be exactly what they do.

For X-Men, keep the team small. It should be a five man band like the original X-Men, but with a different lineup. I personally would have a team of Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Forge, and Emma Frost. That would be mostly the kind of lineup you’d “expect” but with Emma in the mix to make things interesting.

Surprised there won’t be an Ultimate F4. What with the movie coming and Hickman involved, I had thought that would be a thing.
    To be honest I think we're more likely to see an Ultimate Peter and MJ together than we do them getting back together in 616 in the immediate future.

Maybe it's a plot point there's no FF considering the Maker's influence.

Ultimate Spider-Man, oh boy! Consider me pumped!

My only worry about Hickman writing Ultimates (or any of the titles) is that he's had previous runs on Ultimates and X-Men cut short, and even his Avengers run was a bit muddled by editorial and line-wide events.

Hopefully with the new UU being completely standalone, they allow their creators to really commit to whatever long-term plans they have. As opposed to what happened with Hickman's Ultimates, Fialkov's Ultimates/UFF, and Spencer's UXM a decade ago. They have a real chance to do something good again without the annoying inevitabilities of typical Marvel/DC ongoing universes. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    My only worry about Hickman writing Ultimates (or any of the titles) is that he's had previous runs on Ultimates and X-Men cut short, and even his Avengers run was a bit muddled by editorial and line-wide events.

Hopefully with the new UU being completely standalone, they allow their creators to really commit to whatever long-term plans they have. As opposed to what happened with Hickman's Ultimates, Fialkov's Ultimates/UFF, and Spencer's UXM a decade ago. They have a real chance to do something good again without the annoying inevitabilities of typical Marvel/DC ongoing universes. Fingers crossed.
    Wholeheartedly agree with you here. Let Hickman do his thing. Work his magic. The man knows what’s he’s doing. Just stop meddling with him so we can see his true vision completed.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-22-2023 at 03:43 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Can Hickman fulfill his vision?

How many years is he being given?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

Two more variants for issue 4 are out. One for Ultimate Hulk and one with Ultimate Kang in detail. Ultimate Kang looks like Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Two more variants for issue 4 are out. One for Ultimate Hulk and one with Ultimate Kang in detail. Ultimate Kang looks like Iron Man.
    Yep.

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Emmanuel Da Costa of Earth 6160.

His deceased Earth 616 counterpart
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Emman...ta_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Always with the oligarchs and the rich and the powerful and the smart with Hickman...

Viper with short hair tho...