Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ActualLibrarian View Post
    Could be. However, the main plot for this issue was him stealing things. It starts with him stealing various people to stealing parts from the Illuminati. Having him steal things from different universes would be par for the course for him instead of changing things in one universe. If this first issue is any indication of what this mini-series will be before they release the Ultimate Universe reboot, I could see the plot being laid out right in from of us with those henchman. He steals from different universes, makes a mistake with his creation and somehow recreates a messed up 1610 which would lead to the relaunch of the line. But that is just me theorizing.
    That is a possibility. Yet, what I think leads credence to it being the Maker shaping a universe to how he sees fit is the solicitation for #2 which I'll spoiler for anyone who hasn't read it.
    spoilers:
    The Maker plans to make sure Earth’s Mightiest Heroes never become heroes at all. And then he can reshape the universe into exactly what he wants it to be…
    end of spoilers

And while yes, not all solicits can be taken at face value, it very much seems to fall in line with that he was doing at the end of this issue. Doesn't mean all the changes Makers made will stick once the Ultimate line properly relaunches, but this universe or at least whatever it looks like by the end of this series seems to be the setting for it.

Theory time: I think Earth 6160 doesn’t have a Reed, and that’s why Maker chose it. Hell this might be the Earth of the Sue Storm from Secret Wars, that one didn’t have a Reed, instead Sue and Johnny’s dad piloted the ship into space. I also think this ends with Maker getting rebooted himself along with Earth 6160. Maybe 616 Reed tracks him down somehow. The problem Maker poses is that they can’t kill him because he’s immortal and they can’t seem to keep him imprisoned. I can see 616 Reed doing something similar to how he healed Doom’s face. Here he folds Maker into the new Earth and wipes his memories to give him another chance at being a hero, basically growing from how he wants to erase Maker in this issue into deciding to change him at the end.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Super intriguing first issue. Hitch was on fire here - it felt just like a return to the OG Ultimates. Not much in the way of plot, despite the extra page count, but it was nice to spend some time with the Maker as he sets things up.

Given the conversation with Miles about "going home," I don't think this as simple as spoilers:
    Reed just making a brand new Ultimate Universe.
    end of spoilers

I may be in the minority, but my preference would be a full-on direct continuation of the old UU. Put Miles and Reed back, maybe wiggle their memories a bit, and then carry on where it left off.

That said, it does feel like it'll probably be a new UU in some way. But I'm here for it either way. This feels like the start of something potentially big.

Liz: Who knows Parker, maybe you'll get lucky
    Maker: This was about to bite you.
    Random scientist: Here's a bright idea: what if you prevent the existence of Spider-Man your own way, instead of stealing the plot of "How Spider-Man Should Have Ended" just because you were too lazy to come up with a better what-if scenario for that?
    Maker: Ugh! Fine!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I really liked this!

spoilers:
    Peter not being Spider-Man is sure to have some interesting ramifications for Earth-6160. As will whatever else the Maker plans on doing in order to shape and mold Earth-6160 to his liking. However, I think the manner in which he created the clone illustrates what is going to happen to Earth-6160 during this mini-series: The Maker will try to remake the world in his image and screw up royally.
    end of spoilers
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    There's always two mutant members in the Illuminati.
    Not always
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m wondering if Maker’s changes to the intended history are going to stick. First we see him prevent Peter Parker from becoming Spider-Man. Wouldn’t surprise me if he also prevents this world’s F4 and X-Men from forming too. Perhaps we will see a soft reboot at the end that undoes the changes.
    No reboots!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    because i'm weird i've all ready imagining 0616 vs. 6160 which funnily if you put together you get the number for D W services in enfield for the U.K. lol

Now that i think about it, if you put 6160 before 0616 you get 61600616 so an infinity loop between 616.
    Get these thoughts out of your head immediately

I still love how Maker continues to use capital and lowercase words while everyone in 616 (including Miles) use all caps. Then we head to 6160 and they all use normal capitalization.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    That is a possibility. Yet, what I think leads credence to it being the Maker shaping a universe to how he sees fit is the solicitation for #2 which I'll spoiler for anyone who hasn't read it.
    spoilers:
    The Maker plans to make sure Earth’s Mightiest Heroes never become heroes at all. And then he can reshape the universe into exactly what he wants it to be…
    end of spoilers

And while yes, not all solicits can be taken at face value, it very much seems to fall in line with that he was doing at the end of this issue. Doesn't mean all the changes Makers made will stick once the Ultimate line properly relaunches, but this universe or at least whatever it looks like by the end of this series seems to be the setting for it.
    I mean that’s obviously his plan, but it doesn’t mean we don’t end with him failing and somehow the return of the old universe, we don’t know how this is going to pan out at least not to keep saying so with such certainty

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    I mean that’s obviously his plan, but it doesn’t mean we don’t end with him failing and somehow the return of the old universe, we don’t know how this is going to pan out at least not to keep saying so with such certainty
    Perhaps, but Marvel, Hickman and Hitch have been firm since in the announcement that this was meant to be a whole new universe not the old one, hence the Ultimate Universe #1 in November being used to set this new world up. Unless they're all straight up lying which I really don't think they are, especially when it comes to announcement of this magnitude with a new line of books. I'll stick by their word, because they haven't given me a reason to doubt them. We'll see though.
    Last edited by GSman; 06-22-2023 at 05:37 AM.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Is he creating the 6160 or did it already exist? I thought all of the other universes were destroyed in Secret Wars (2015)?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Is he creating the 6160 or did it already exist? I thought all of the other universes were destroyed in Secret Wars (2015)?
    It already existed, he is going to alter events on Earth-6160 and reshape it to his liking.

The Multiverse was restored following the destruction of Doom's Battleworld thanks to the combined efforts of The Molecule Man and the Fantastic Four.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It already existed, he is going to alter events on Earth-6160 and reshape it to his liking.

The Multiverse was restored following the destruction of Doom's Battleworld thanks to the combined efforts of The Molecule Man and the Fantastic Four.
    I didn't know that. I was under the impression that at the end of Secret Wars (2015) there was only universe 616 left and that all others had been destroyed. So you're saying that all of the universes were actually recreated and that the ultimate universe has been around this whole time?