Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I actually liked the issue, but it made me even more worried that the new UU will be yet another mostly white sausage fest.
    Considering that the Maker preferred having a Miles Morales in his universe over a Peter Parker, is already a small win right there.

Ultimately, it will depend on the story Hickman tells - will it be a universe with new characters who rise up since there is no Rogers/Stark/Xavier/Parker/Reed, or will it be a universe where we see altered versions of those same characters. With new characters, diversity can be simply implemented. If is the altered versions, then it'd have to go the Nick Fury route.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I didn't know that. I was under the impression that at the end of Secret Wars (2015) there was only universe 616 left and that all others had been destroyed. So you're saying that all of the universes were actually recreated and that the ultimate universe has been around this whole time?
    After Secret Wars the multiverse was remade by the FF and Molecule Man. The Ultimate Universe situation is a bit tricky. In Spider-Men 2 by Bendis, it was revealed the Ultimate Universe was back after the events of Secret Wars. Then in the Venom series, The Maker was able to transport himself there but found it in ruins with the Ultimates seemingly missing. That was the last we saw of The Maker until he popped up in this series, imprisoned on Earth 616.

Not entirely sure how or if this series will tie-in/mention what happened in the Venom series. One theory is if The Maker is seemingly set on remaking the Ultimate Universe, he must have seen the OG Ultimate Universe as a lost cause, hence his actions in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    After Secret Wars the multiverse was remade by the FF and Molecule Man. The Ultimate Universe situation is a bit tricky. In Spider-Men 2 by Bendis, it was revealed the Ultimate Universe was back after the events of Secret Wars. Then in the Venom series, The Maker was able to transport himself there but found it in ruins with the Ultimates seemingly missing. That was the last we saw of The Maker until he popped up in this series, imprisoned on Earth 616.

Not entirely sure how or if this series will tie-in/mention what happened in the Venom series. One theory is if The Maker is seemingly set on remaking the Ultimate Universe, he must have seen the OG Ultimate Universe as a lost cause, hence his actions in this series.
    I think it’d be pretty easy for them to just say that neither of those was the actual UU. They certainly didn’t resemble each other. And neither one really lined up with what a continued UU would look like anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Considering that the Maker preferred having a Miles Morales in his universe over a Peter Parker, is already a small win right there.

Ultimately, it will depend on the story Hickman tells - will it be a universe with new characters who rise up since there is no Rogers/Stark/Xavier/Parker/Reed, or will it be a universe where we see altered versions of those same characters. With new characters, diversity can be simply implemented. If is the altered versions, then it'd have to go the Nick Fury route.
    I guess the time they spent during Ultimate End (?) really stuck with Maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the time they spent during Ultimate End (?) really stuck with Maker.
    It is interesting that Ultimate Reed shows some form of loyalty or favoritism towards his home universe. Or maybe it is just towards Miles. When last I read of him, it was Secret Wars or something and he did not really care about sacrificing Nick Fury and the rest during the incursion.

In regards to my previous statement about the Maker's affinity towards the Ultimate Universe, what are all your thoughts on his statement "The only living children of gods erased from history."? I am a confused about his newfound appreciation for the Ultimate Universe.

Incredible Member

I’m hoping in this 6160 Universe, the Nick Fury we see is Junior, pretty much already in the role of Ultimate Fury.

I really liked this issue. Maker is such a "love to hate" villain.

Astonishing Member

Ultimate End series showed two diffrent Earths later combined. Neither were the actual 1610 and 616.

The Ultimate Universe created post Secret Wars is another universe, cates seemingly destroyed the Earth of that 1610.

We already see the Ultimates in art for the new universe. I'm looking forward to the new books set in 6160. I wonder if Spiderman will be someone different? And if there are no Fantastic 4 and X-Men teams?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I didn't know that. I was under the impression that at the end of Secret Wars (2015) there was only universe 616 left and that all others had been destroyed. So you're saying that all of the universes were actually recreated and that the ultimate universe has been around this whole time?
    The Future Foundation (not the Fantastic Four - Ben and Johnny weren't involved) restored all universes. Ultimate being last to be destroyed, was also the last to be restored... and it seems that they reversed Ultimatum and Cataclysm (the last two Ultimate Universe events) in the process since a bunch of dead heroes were resurrected.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Actually, all the post-Secret Wars views of the Ultimate universe made sense as a whole, there are no contradictions.

* Spider-Men II: The Ultimate universe was restored, and everything is fine. The adult Miles Morales moves to live there.
    * Miles Morales comic: Adult Miles stole things from the Ultimates, enslaved Norman and got his serum, and returned.
    * Venom: At some point in the future, there is great devastation, as it usually happens in superhero comics.
    * Ultimate Invasion: We do not see the modern state of things in the Ultimate universe but rather time-travel back to the origin, where the Maker creates a Nexus event and starts a divergent timeline of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualLibrarian View Post
    It is interesting that Ultimate Reed shows some form of loyalty or favoritism towards his home universe. Or maybe it is just towards Miles. When last I read of him, it was Secret Wars or something and he did not really care about sacrificing Nick Fury and the rest during the incursion.
    Remember that, in Venom, the Maker was not helping because of nostalgia or the kindness of his heart: restoring the Ultimate universe was his ticket into the Council of Reeds. That was his actual ultimate goal. Ultimate Invasion does not mention any of that but does not contradict it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Remember that, in Venom, the Maker was not helping because of nostalgia or the kindness of his heart: restoring the Ultimate universe was his ticket into the Council of Reeds. That was his actual ultimate goal. Ultimate Invasion does not mention any of that but does not contradict it either.
    Interesting. I have not read that series but it does provide some additional context I was not aware.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Actually, all the post-Secret Wars views of the Ultimate universe made sense as a whole, there are no contradictions.

* Spider-Men II: The Ultimate universe was restored, and everything is fine. The adult Miles Morales moves to live there.
    * Miles Morales comic: Adult Miles stole things from the Ultimates, enslaved Norman and got his serum, and returned.
    * Venom: At some point in the future, there is great devastation, as it usually happens in superhero comics.
    * Ultimate Invasion: We do not see the modern state of things in the Ultimate universe but rather time-travel back to the origin, where the Maker creates a Nexus event and starts a divergent timeline of it.
    This part is incorrect. Earth-6160 is not a divergent of Earth-1610, it is a completely separate universe that diverges from the main Earth-616 branch, with the main difference (without the Maker interfering that is) being that Liz Allan went on a date with Peter Parker to the science exhibit that turns him into Spider-Man. If The Maker had traveled back into Earth-1610's past, then we would have seen Mary Jane with Peter at Oscorp.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

If it was a splinter of 616, then Cindy Moon should be there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Great issue! Some quick thoughts:

1. Hickman and Hitch are on fire. ( To the DC fans out there imagine these 2 on a New Authority.)

2. The Maker is scary here.

3. For a 53 page comic they made it fly by!

4.This is what I have been waiting for the return of Ultimate Marvel.
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt