Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

1. For the love of God, no data pages. I was exposed to this nonsense for the first time during Hickman's X-Men run (if you can call it a run, it was pretty short) and rightfully called it out as a waste of precious space. Show, don't tell, data pages break that rule and waste space.

2. Speed it up. We have more entertainment options than ever vying for our attention. You can't afford to waste our time especially when you come out once a month. You need pacing that is more in line with 1980s and 1990s Marvel comics.

3. Build this thing with better writers. We all saw what happened when Hickman left the X-Men and we saw the motley crew we were left with.

4. We have all seen comic creator Twitter and no one trust them to be able to nail the complexity and nuance of real world issues. Soooo...The world outside your window stuff is going to be terrible LOL! Hopefully they just stay on the safe side, like helping Ukraine or something.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

Want(s)

- An unfettered Hickman i.e. no interruption from editorial.
    - Tight storytelling.
    - Clean slate. Early Ultimate Universe was was good and there were good stories here and there across the period. But I can live with a fresh start.

Don't want

- Marvel not trusting the premise (reverting to 616 concepts e.g. Thor and Asgard)
    - Pushing boundaries for the sake of pushing boundaries (aka shock value) - Blob vs Wasp, Pietro & Wanda etc.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Want(s)

- An unfettered Hickman i.e. no interruption from editorial.
    - Tight storytelling.
    - Clean slate. Early Ultimate Universe was was good and there were good stories here and there across the period. But I can live with a fresh start.

Don't want

- Marvel not trusting the premise (reverting to 616 concepts e.g. Thor and Asgard)
    - Pushing boundaries for the sake of pushing boundaries (aka shock value) - Blob vs Wasp, Pietro & Wanda etc.
    do we know if he is writing a core title or only coming up with the big ideas similar to X-Men?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Nowadays, with so many left-wing nutcases and inclusive crybabies, the world needs Ultimate Captain America being Ultimate Captain America more than ever.
    Only these right-wingers go online to talk about this ad nauseam.

Marvel probably figured out comics had become a factory for incels, racists, homophobes, etc., and tried to fix it with Marvel Now, only to admit that that was their core reader base. At least we were able to get some changes.

And it's rich given that it was the Marvel Universe who gave us Sam Jackson Nick Fury and Miles Morales, which helped make Marvel more inclusive.

I'd want another reboot but I'd go further and create new characters to fill the mantles. Similar to the JL Gods and Monsters movie.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-10-2023 at 11:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Only these right-wingers go online to talk about this ad nauseam.

Marvel probably figured out comics had become a factory for incels, racists, homophobes, etc., and tried to fix it with Marvel Now, only to admit that that was their core reader base. At least we were able to get some changes.

And it's rich given that it was the Marvel Universe who gave us Sam Jackson Nick Fury and Miles Morales, which helped make Marvel more inclusive.
    Yeah, heres the thing. The Marvel Universe was always fairly inclusive though. I think the amount of actual racists who were buying comics in the years prior to Marvel Now was so small that it really doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Yeah, heres the thing. The Marvel Universe was always fairly inclusive though. I think the amount of actual racists who were buying comics in the years prior to Marvel Now was so small that it really doesn't matter
    We don't know the percentage, but they were, and are, present. They are big enough for Marvel to do the Legacy rebranding and admitted that they were an important part of the readership that they had to change their plans to pander to these bigots.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...enated-readers

BANNED

We don't know the percentage, but they were, and are, present. They are big enough for Marvel to do the Legacy rebranding and admitted that they were an important part of the readership that they had to change their plans to pander to these bigots.

You know that most of that retailer summit was taken out of context right?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLu3wV7a8M4

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    do we know if he is writing a core title or only coming up with the big ideas similar to X-Men?
    Nothing's been announced but shot in the dark, I could see him writing The Ultimates. That's the book that'll seemingly be the flagship of this line with the A-list characters and I can see it being the book that really delves into this new universe and establishing it. No one better to do the world building for it, with the exception of Ewing.

Its going to be real hard to top Ultimate Spiderman. I think they are going to try and I think it will be a miss.

I am over all excited for the Return of The Ultimate U. I enjoyed most of it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    You know that most of that retailer summit was taken out of context right?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLu3wV7a8M4
    We're responding to a comment about someone complaining and nagging about the inclusion of minorities. Also, these people plague every fan base, especially comics. The Legacy relaunch was a response to the notion comic fans had of "you're shoving diversity and inclusion down our throats."

Perhaps. Or perhaps... it is the inclusionist crybabies the ones who are not as many as they claim to be, and the people annoyed with them are not actual racists, but just people tired of the "if you're not with me you're a racist!" bullying. Note that the decrease in sales for comics is a general thing, it's not specific to the characters, who are still fan favorites (except for Mosaic). In fact I am the one who made the comment you were talking about, and I'm also the one who started the appreciation threads for Ms. Marvel and Riri this year (not to mention from South America myself). And you cited an article from The Guardian to back your point, neat... an article that later points that there may be other simpler reasons for the decline in sales, which are not about the public being either "inclusive" or "racist" in itself. And I quote: "Online, readers scorned Gabriel’s remarks, pointing to Marvel’s tendency over the last few years to focus on restarting and rebooting storylines, creating a complicated web of interwoven universes, as well as an overwhelming output that fans struggled to keep up with."

Perhaps. Or perhaps... it is the inclusionist crybabies the ones who are not as many as they claim to be, and the people annoyed with them are not actual racists, but just people tired of the "if you're not with me you're a racist!" bullying. Note that the decrease in sales for comics is a general thing, it's not specific to the characters, who are still fan favorites (except for Mosaic). In fact I am the one who made the comment you were talking about, and I'm also the one who started the appreciation threads for Ms. Marvel and Riri this year (not to mention from South America myself). And you cited an article from The Guardian to back your point, neat... an article that later points that there may be other simpler reasons for the decline in sales, which are not about the public being either "inclusive" or "racist" in itself. And I quote: "Online, readers scorned Gabriel’s remarks, pointing to Marvel’s tendency over the last few years to focus on restarting and rebooting storylines, creating a complicated web of interwoven universes, as well as an overwhelming output that fans struggled to keep up with."

Nowadays, with so many left-wing nutcases and inclusive crybabies, the world needs Ultimate Captain America being Ultimate Captain America more than ever.
    You went out of your way to start nagging and cry in this thread about "inclusive crybabies" when the book hasn't even been released. You're complaining about "inclusivity," which is basically code for black and LGBTQI+ people appearing. You're literally the one coming into threads trying to bully this agenda you have about "left-wing nutcases" and calling people who support the inclusion of black people and other groups "crybabies."

The two Tweets you posted are the opposite of what you wrote, which was trying to insult left-wing people and inclusivity. You never mentioned the price of books or Uncle Ben. You were pretty clear.

I want gay Colossus to come back.

No cannibals please...