Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    no, I would like mutants to remain a Weapon X experiment, it's a huge break from routine the next step in evolution
    I agree that was intresting. The idea that hulk was also a super soldier idea works I just wonder if it will be MCU in comics
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Mighty Member

just erase everything by Jeff Loeb. He has destroyed the Ultimate universe, everyone of his ideas was bad.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    just erase everything by Jeff Loeb. He has destroyed the Ultimate universe, everyone of his ideas was bad.
    Ultimate Power
    The Ultimates 3
    Ultimatum
    Ultimate Comics: X
    Ultimate Comics: New Ultimates

IMHO erase everything that came before the good and the bad. This is meant to be a whole new universe, so come up with new origins and dynamics for all the characters. Don't just rehash things from the previous universe because people liked certain things there. Just looking at the trailer for Ultimate Invasion, Hulk seems to be involved in some cult like faction and Thor looks to be under Loki's rule, those are some interesting ideas. I don't understand why some people are so beholden to the old universe when this should and can be its own entire thing.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Did they say from where they were going to pick up? From Time Runs Out?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Did they say from where they were going to pick up? From Time Runs Out?
    Donny Cates' Venom series...I think. That was the series where the Maker found Earth-1610 in ruins and later contacted the Council of Reeds in a bid to join them.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd want another reboot but I'd go further and create new characters to fill the mantles. Similar to the JL Gods and Monsters movie.

Interesting revisions on each respective mantle --- Wonder Woman from Jack Kirby's Fourth World, Superman as the son of Zod and raised on Earth by undocumented immigrants from Mexico, and Batman as a Morbius-style "pseudo-vampire" who went vigilante --- though only Superman was an entirely new character. Wonder Woman was Bekka, who in the DCU proper was Orion's betrothed, and Batman was a version of Kirk Langstrom, who in the DCU proper accidentally turned himself into a literal Batman, or Man-Bat, as it were. That being said, the idea of just taking the basic archetype and doing something as new and different with that as possible does have merit, and it reminds me of the initial ethos behind Marvel 2099, though that was set in the increasingly not-as-distant future as opposed to "now."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Interesting revisions on each respective mantle --- Wonder Woman from Jack Kirby's Fourth World, Superman as the son of Zod and raised on Earth by undocumented immigrants from Mexico, and Batman as a Morbius-style "pseudo-vampire" who went vigilante --- though only Superman was an entirely new character. Wonder Woman was Bekka, who in the DCU proper was Orion's betrothed, and Batman was a version of Kirk Langstrom, who in the DCU proper accidentally turned himself into a literal Batman, or Man-Bat, as it were. That being said, the idea of just taking the basic archetype and doing something as new and different with that as possible does have merit, and it reminds me of the initial ethos behind Marvel 2099, though that was set in the increasingly not-as-distant future as opposed to "now."
    I don't mind doing another reboot but it would need a stronger hook than just being "modern". So creating new leads is a gamble but it's an interesting one to me.

Well, no cannibalism and incest would be a good start for any new Ultimate Universe. I say start from there and it'll be an improvement by default.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    No cannibals please...
    That is literally the least this new Ultimate Universe could do to improve.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Ultimate Pog-Urr-Pog
    Yes, to this! Yes, to this x3000!

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I want gay Colossus to come back.
    No stupid deaths. Nightcrawler can teleport, so he shouldn't have died the way he did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    do we know if he is writing a core title or only coming up with the big ideas similar to X-Men?
    Haven't heard any specifics but would love him to do both and be truly "in charge". Let's have some of that magic that made the Ult. Universe what it was,

The more I read on these threads the more I miss some of the better ideas (IMO) - mutants being created in a lab, Iron Man needing a whole department to launch/ operate, "Banshee" being a drug/ MGH, Cable, the Ultimates being a govt./SHIELD squad...

Astonishing Member

Kirkman already beat Loeb in trying to destroy the UXM corner.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Kirkman already beat Loeb in trying to destroy the UXM corner.
    Ouch. I see no lies there though, lol.

Me? I want to see a real badass version of T’Challa; not like the watered down-self hating version in the 616 we’ve been getting since the Coates era. I don’t even mind the claws the character had from the previous Uu. Just don’t make him mute again.

Keep Ultimate Fury the badass he was, and the Wealon X created Mutant Origin.
    Last edited by Blanks; 06-11-2023 at 12:09 PM.