Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That date can't be right, it wasn't solicited.
    yeah I don't know, I always thought this was a five issue mini

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    yeah I don't know, I always thought this was a five issue mini
    If it was then it would have focused on just the original Whirlwind murder mystery and not have this Asgardian mystery this coming issue. Five issues just isn’t enough to solve the Hank thing unless Marvel put a kibosh on what Ewing was trying to do. They can’t just leave us hanging like this.

Astonishing Member

It was always solicited and announced as an ongoing -- it was never a miniseries. Its possible that it will be cancelled after 5 issues, but it was always intended for more...and hopefully it will get more! Fingers crossed.

Like I said, it's probably just because #5 is due on the last Wednesday of January, hopefully #6 is to be solicited for the first Wednesday of March. It's too soon to assume it's been axed. As a general rule, unless a solicit mentions being the final issue, we shouldn't assume it's cancelled until it misses three solicits in a row (see the recent examples of She-Hulk and Scarlet Witch, which both skipped a couple of months then relaunched with the same creative team and an altered title).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Like I said, it's probably just because #5 is due on the last Wednesday of January, hopefully #6 is to be solicited for the first Wednesday of March. It's too soon to assume it's been axed. As a general rule, unless a solicit mentions being the final issue, we shouldn't assume it's cancelled until it misses three solicits in a row (see the recent examples of She-Hulk and Scarlet Witch, which both skipped a couple of months then relaunched with the same creative team and an altered title).
    It would be cool if Jan got her own team of Avengers and operated out of her new club. Kind of like the villains Bar With No Name. The Club. Jan’s Club. Club Jarvis. What a cool concept it would be.

^It's called Jarvis Lounge.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    It would be cool if Jan got her own team of Avengers and operated out of her new club. Kind of like the villains Bar With No Name. The Club. Jan’s Club. Club Jarvis. What a cool concept it would be.
    If Jan ever gets Hank back, they could name it The Hornet's Nest (A.K.A. The Hornet's Hideaway ):

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-20-2023 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

^It's called Jarvis Lounge.
    That would be a cool ongoing. Some loose knit Avengers to pitch in and help Jan solve mysteries while hanging out in the lounge.

Issue 3 is a fun romp and there's a cool tease for the next issue.

spoilers:
    I was so happy to see Brunnhilde in the issue. I want to say long live the OG Valkyrie, but that would not be the case obviously.
    end of spoilers

Not feeling this title. That's strange because usually I love everything Al Ewing writes. But the story just isn't working for me. And I dislike idea of "Vic Shade" in Whirlwind's body.

spoilers:
    Dang, Skurge can't stop dying even in the afterlife!

Brunnhilde screentime! It's nice to see her again. Oh, and Jane Foster is there too I guess.

That aura around Vic looked really Ultron-y, huh?

Honestly I feel like Jan should've gone full norse dress to Valhalla. I know she can't wear costumes but she can at least dress the part more.

I guess Jane didn't want Victor Shade to know who she really is...I forget she technically has a secret identity. Just felt like a weird aside there despite that.

So I guess Vic is another of Hank's "kids" now. Or if that really is even Hank.

Odin did it! Compared to how Aaron and Cates wrote Odin, this probably felt the most Odin that he's been in years. All his bluster was an act and he's still the all-knowing All-Father who works in mysterious ways and has a plan for Skurge that will likely pay off in Ewing's Thor run. I wish they'd stop bringing Skurge back though, his original sacrifice keeps meaning less because of it.

I did not know the Death-Throws were even a thing. Poor Oddball.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Not feeling this title. That's strange because usually I love everything Al Ewing writes. But the story just isn't working for me. And I dislike idea of "Vic Shade" in Whirlwind's body.
    I am feeling it is too Scooby Doo...so far it is been stuff that Jan solves pretty quickly in single issues. And I agree about Vic in Whirlwind's body. Like I said above...what is the end game for that? how do they get him his own body?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am feeling it is too Scooby Doo...so far it is been stuff that Jan solves pretty quickly in single issues. And I agree about Vic in Whirlwind's body. Like I said above...what is the end game for that? how do they get him his own body?
    Well, it is a mystery/investigative comic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it is a mystery/investigative comic.
    I get that...but they are not really making them complex multi issue stories...it is like Jan shows up, sees a series of clues and just figure it out on the fly. the cases could really use some depth.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?