Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Seeing the Ant family and all those forgotten villains again was cool. Such a shame this book was cut short.
    It was great seeing them but Marvel doesn’t treat the Ant family well either. Al tried but he was cut short. All those old villains gave it a Tales to Astonish feel. I hope there is something in the future for all of these characters. Al needs to insist Marvel lets him finish what he started. It’s not like Marvel has a stable of great writers or ongoings for that matter. With Hank, Jan, Scott, Eric, Cassie, Nadia, Vic, Vision and the Lethal Legion there are plenty fans that would invest more into this. There is probably enough fan support for all of these people to generate sales to keep it afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Last I heard Pym was fused with Ultron and in space. What happened since?
    This comic gives an abbreviated description.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This comic gives an abbreviated description.
    Indeed. Here's proof (from the man himself, no less... ):
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    It was great seeing them but Marvel doesn’t treat the Ant family well either. Al tried but he was cut short. All those old villains gave it a Tales to Astonish feel. I hope there is something in the future for all of these characters. Al needs to insist Marvel lets him finish what he started. It’s not like Marvel has a stable of great writers or ongoings for that matter. With Hank, Jan, Scott, Eric, Cassie, Nadia, Vic, Vision and the Lethal Legion there are plenty fans that would invest more into this. There is probably enough fan support for all of these people to generate sales to keep it afloat.
    Keep the dream alive! We must have hope and keep the dream alive that this will in some form and shape continue. Marvel can't give me one of my biggest wishes and then take it away as soon as it got here.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Keep the dream alive! We must have hope and keep the dream alive that this will in some form and shape continue. Marvel can't give me one of my biggest wishes and then take it away as soon as it got here.
    I think if the book was marketed like that instead of as a random Avengers detective story it might’ve had more staying power

I kind of liked the detective aspect. I mean, it didn't fly in today's market, but it was a unique pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of liked the detective aspect. I mean, it didn't fly in today's market, but it was a unique pitch.
    Agreed but tying a character like Jan to that seems limiting so I can see why other's might not have picked it up. I don't think "The Wasp" and think of hard boiled noir tales, which was probably the hook for some but I think "The Return of Hank Pym and the Ant-Family" would've got more eyes on it.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Agreed but tying a character like Jan to that seems limiting so I can see why other's might not have picked it up. I don't think "The Wasp" and think of hard boiled noir tales, which was probably the hook for some but I think "The Return of Hank Pym and the Ant-Family" would've got more eyes on it.
    Sadly, it was an attempt to bring MCU sinergy to Pym, which was totally unnecessary, especially now that the Ant-Man trilogy is done.
    I want classic Pym back, not Michael Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Maybe, though I think the actual writing for that premise was pretty solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Sadly, it was an attempt to bring MCU sinergy to Pym, which was totally unnecessary, especially now that the Ant-Man trilogy is done.
    I want classic Pym back, not Michael Douglas.
    Agreed.

Always is with Al Ewing, his writing is never the problem. Yet for some reason he struggles to have long runs with anything except Immortal Hulk!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman