Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I think we'll get 2 "seasons" out of this. Enjoying it so far, but not optimistic with the direction they're going with Hank Pym. Old Hank is worse than dead Hank.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Hopefully the villain aspect is a fake out and the age ray gun from the last Ant Man comic comes back into play

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma022 View Post
    Hopefully the villain aspect is a fake out and the age ray gun from the last Ant Man comic comes back into play
    Yeah, I don't think Ewing would really turn Hank evil.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I’ve enjoyed both issues, but I can’t shake the feeling that the book has a very “limited series” vibe to it...it seems to be continuing past #5, but #10? I’m just not sure!
    The overarching mystery lends itself to finite length. However they could try a seasonal run with a new mystery box each season.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-20-2023 at 12:40 PM.

I have doubts about the longevity of this series but I loved issue #2 and I hope that my doubts get proven wrong.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Ewing would really turn Hank evil.
    Sadly, I wouldn't put Marvel beyond doing anything when it comes to ruining its characters, especially the classic ones. However, let's wait and see.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Sadly, I wouldn't put Marvel beyond doing anything when it comes to ruining its characters, especially the classic ones. However, let's wait and see.

Peace
    Marvel? Yes. Ewing? No.

Ultimate Member

I've decided in my head that 'crazy old man Hank' is the Criti Noll clone that Veranke had created, and then sort of forgot about, and left behind on Earth, deluded into thinking it is the person it was supposed to be infiltrating...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I've decided in my head that 'crazy old man Hank' is the Criti Noll clone that Veranke had created, and then sort of forgot about, and left behind on Earth, deluded into thinking it is the person it was supposed to be infiltrating...
    Gotta wonder how many times we're going to be Pym teased

Extraordinary Member

Just re-read issues 1 and 2 and I am left with thoughts...

1. What qualifies Jan to be doing investigations? Does she have formal training or does she just have the experience of being an Avenger for so long?
    2. Will Nadia make an appearance? I do not want her as an ongoing every issue character...but Jan is her Mom. I would at least like to see Jan managing that responsibility?
    3. What is the end game for Vic Shade? I would assume that Whirlwind is going to get his body back...but what body will Vic end up with? A synthezoid body like Vision? An organic body?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just re-read issues 1 and 2 and I am left with thoughts...

1. What qualifies Jan to be doing investigations? Does she have formal training or does she just have the experience of being an Avenger for so long?
    2. Will Nadia make an appearance? I do not want her as an ongoing every issue character...but Jan is her Mom. I would at least like to see Jan managing that responsibility?
    3. What is the end game for Vic Shade? I would assume that Whirlwind is going to get his body back...but what body will Vic end up with? A synthezoid body like Vision? An organic body?
    Probably that and she's a people person and has been in the game for so long.

I think Nadia's confirmed to show up in the issue where they confront Hank. That'll probably be where they develop the stuff with Victor Shade too.

Yeah, isn't Janet the second longest serving modern female superhero? Invisible Woman is the first, and she debuted a few months before the X-Men, so she pre-dates Jean Grey (who debuted in X-Men #1) and Scarlet Witch (who also debuted in X-Men). Even among the men there aren't many that have been around longer - the other three members of the FF obviously, Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, Hulk. Captain America as well, because of the five years he had before he was frozen (his silver age debut was in Avengers, and therefore, obviously, after Janet's). But it's a very short list.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’d like to see a Wasp / Invisible Woman mini at some point
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’d like to see a Wasp / Invisible Woman mini at some point
    Sounds interesting. They make a pretty, formidable team (IMHO):

I bet they were embarrassed later when they found out they were telling the truth and ARE Captain America legacy heroes from the future. American Dream is an MC2 character, so she's only from 25 years or so in the future. Long enough in the future of course that Sue and Janet are both retired (Wasp being replaced by Stinger, Scott Lang's daughter Cassie, who now has that identity in 616 as well). By now, MC2 is an outright alternate universe (the existence of most of the Young Avengers and Champions would drastically alter the line-up of A-Next) - MC2 pretty much fell apart once they started appearing with only Spider-Girl having any longevity (and even she's fallen out of use outside of Spider-Verse events).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman