Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Another convoluted retcon for MCU synergy… I hope Pym returns to normal soon, but at least he’s spoilers:
    alive?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, though it's not quite the return Hank fans had been hoping for.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hmm... would they dare do that? Send Janet and Nadia into a time trap and they come back aged up 20 years? Which would make Janet in her 50s (still younger than her MCU counterpart) and Nadia in her 30s (which is how old Hope, the MCU character she's based on, is).
    Would Nadia really benefit from that synergy?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-27-2023 at 05:08 PM.

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    It makes it seem like Hank is off his medication because he wants to do everything himself, and I'm not saying he isn't off is medication, but if my friends and family danced between belittling me and making so little effort to help me (due to editorial mandate, mind you, but still) I'd fill like I'd have to do everything myself. I think it's a perfectly natural conclusion. Ultron is one of those things that is usually too big to handle on one's own, but I see it as a situation where if Hank doesn't believe in himself who's going to believe in him? I see it as a healthy thing that Hank thinks he's brilliant enough to do it "on his own." Given the self-doubt and self hate he's often tormented with, in other circumstances this would be an "F-, Yeah!" moment. This is 80's action movie 101.

It's almost a shame we didn't get that. It's not a shame we didn't get that in this book, but Hank, O'Grady, and their team of D-Tier villains stopping Ultron while he's weak would have made for an exciting adventure and a significant moment for both Hank and O'Grady should they succeed. Obviously, through the lense of Janet, it's crazy. Through the lense of anyone of Hank's former teammates, it's crazy, just like it's crazy in those old action movies, but that's what makes those particular stories exciting. One man no one believes in goes against the odds using new allies and unconventional methods to win back his dignity and stop the badguy? There's an alternate reality where that's the story we got, and it's awesome.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 12-27-2023 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Does any character ever benefit? Things like Fury Jr probably kill more interest from fans than they attract new audiences. Marvel Comics has failed time and time again to appeal to the movie audience. Yet they keep trying to force synergy as if dumb things like ageing Pym will help sales in any real way.

This synergy is not cool. I still think Ewing will do Hank right in the long run if editorial gives him the chance. So what if he does something on his own. I’ve done stuff on my own. That doesn’t make me crazy. He’s still the one responsible for it all so why wouldn’t he want to take care of it. Quite frankly I thought Marc was acting a little crazy himself.

I like the new Lethal Legion. I love when D lister guys like this get pulled out of limbo into meaningful stories. I hope another mini comes out of this. Hank and the Lethal Legion. Another Superior Foes of Spider-Man thing. That was quite successful and very enjoyable.

I just don’t think one more issue can adequately tie things up. Hank is not nor should he be Michael Douglas. The MCU needs to stay away from 616 and quit ruining 60 years of comic book history. That’s just my opinion. I hope there is a happy ending in here somewhere.

Bruh, the Ant-Man trilogy is over and ended with whimper. It's highly unlikely that there will be a fourth film, so why bother with synergy now? It's way too late for this, it doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by Dipter; 12-27-2023 at 07:00 PM.

Actually she would. If Janet become a crabby old lady who "has needs" and if they aged up Nadia to a adult this would benefit her in the long run as she would be the only Wasp around. So whenever they'd used Wasp for a Avengers team, or a solo comic it would most certainly be Nadia over needy old Janet. And Nadia would finally fit the synergy Marvel tried to push her in.

I'm of two minds of it. On one hand I don't want to lose Janet to old age, but if Nadia ages up that would officially get her out of Cassie's space which is something I've wanted for a long time now so...I don't know if I want it or not.

Ya'know nobody is talking about how Hank Pym is now technically as old as he should be. He's been around since the 60s he literally should be a old man lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Bruh, the Ant-Man trilogy is over and ended with whimper. It's highly unlikely that there will be a fourth film, so why bother with synergy now? It's way too late for this, it doesn't make any sense.
    Agreed. I think there is a swerve coming yet. Note what Vic says to Moon Knight when he starts to remember. Doesn’t seem like something Ultron would say. Maybe “Hank” is really Ultron and Vic has Hank’s consciousness and he’s just playing along to be able to take down the new Lethal Legion. How that resolves itself is anyone’s guess.

That would be cool but a part of me is concerned that Ewing was only allowed to bring Hank back if he was old.

spoilers:
    I hate this so much. I'd rather he'd stayed dead than come back like this. I think people speculating Ewing was only allowed to be back Hank as an old guy are correct. It seems like an editorial directive. This fucking sucks, though. Maybe he'll get de-aged at some point, but this new status quo fucking blows.
    end of spoilers
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I don’t mind Old Hank - just more regret that this isn’t paced better because of the abrupt ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    Agreed. I think there is a swerve coming yet. Note what Vic says to Moon Knight when he starts to remember. Doesn’t seem like something Ultron would say. Maybe “Hank” is really Ultron and Vic has Hank’s consciousness and he’s just playing along to be able to take down the new Lethal Legion. How that resolves itself is anyone’s guess.
    spoilers:
    Nah. Ultron I’m Whirlwind’s body makes sense because you essentially have this one character now who is a combination of Hank’s archenemy and Janet’s archenemy.
    end of spoilers
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Actually she would. If Janet become a crabby old lady who "has needs" and if they aged up Nadia to a adult this would benefit her in the long run as she would be the only Wasp around. So whenever they'd used Wasp for a Avengers team, or a solo comic it would most certainly be Nadia over needy old Janet. And Nadia would finally fit the synergy Marvel tried to push her in.

I'm of two minds of it. On one hand I don't want to lose Janet to old age, but if Nadia ages up that would officially get her out of Cassie's space which is something I've wanted for a long time now so...I don't know if I want it or not.

Ya'know nobody is talking about how Hank Pym is now technically as old as he should be. He's been around since the 60s he literally should be a old man lol.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Nadia would end up becoming the main Wasp, while Cassie would no longer be squeezed out by the existence of a second teenager with Wasp powers. Janet would be the loser if they did age up the Wasps.

And Nadia was created for synergy in the first place. Only reason she's so young - and had to have a different Mom incorporated into her origin - is because Hank and Janet were so much younger in the comics.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-28-2023 at 06:23 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Does any character ever benefit? Things like Fury Jr probably kill more interest from fans than they attract new audiences. Marvel Comics has failed time and time again to appeal to the movie audience. Yet they keep trying to force synergy as if dumb things like ageing Pym will help sales in any real way.
    Maybe Daredevil and Loki but they could've been happy accidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post

I'm not a big fan of Nadia but I'm not sure aging her up has much value. She looses more than she gains to me. Do people actually want her to be like her MCU counterpart?

Astonishing Member

Ewing’s both on record that (even if he thinks it was stupid of Editorial to dig that particular grave for Hank) that he’s not really redeemable and one of the writers most contemptuous of the MCU; so I wouldn’t assume this is all about the synergy