Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Ewing’s both on record that (even if he thinks it was stupid of Editorial to dig that particular grave for Hank) that he’s not really redeemable and one of the writers most contemptuous of the MCU; so I wouldn’t assume this is all about the synergy
    Who's not redeemable?

Wonder if it'll be addressed that Hank's soul was last scene in the soul gem, in a less than awesome situation...

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Ewing’s both on record that (even if he thinks it was stupid of Editorial to dig that particular grave for Hank) that he’s not really redeemable and one of the writers most contemptuous of the MCU; so I wouldn’t assume this is all about the synergy
    I've never agreed with him on that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Who's not redeemable?

Wonder if it'll be addressed that Hank's soul was last scene in the soul gem, in a less than awesome situation...
    I think they meant Hank but I don't think so. I loved Avengers Academy and Slott's run on Might Avengers and I thought they handled Hank fine.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think they meant Hank but I don't think so. I loved Avengers Academy and Slott's run on Might Avengers and I thought they handled Hank fine.
    Agreed on all counts
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That's really strange, all things considered. I'm tempted to think this "Hank" is an alt-Hank since it just doesn't make any sense, in any way or form, compared to all that had been written before about Hank and Pymtron. It was established that Hank's soul got yanked free from Ultron, and the last few appearances of Pymtron made it abundantly clear (as in the Ant-Man mini) that there was no Hank left there in Pymtron.

This does not feel like an end, this feels like someone forgot what they had written not one year ago. It's an anti-end! Not cool, and not happy about it. Is it so bad to finally give the fans what they want? Where's the harm in that? :P

Was that the last issue by the way?
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Issue 5 is the last one, so there's one left.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Issue 5 is the last one, so there's one left.
    Thanks! Hope we'll have some sort of explanation that makes some sense
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Thanks! Hope we'll have some sort of explanation that makes some sense
    Ewing was rushed it appears and it has to be wrapped up in one issue. I don’t have my hopes up. How do you resolve all this in one issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Ewing was rushed it appears and it has to be wrapped up in one issue. I don’t have my hopes up. How do you resolve all this in one issue?
    With a follow up mini

Yeah. I know it was mentioned that Nadia would guest star at some point. She's not been in this series yet at all, but the reveal of Hank definitely justifies her showing up now. Or is Janet going to keep her father's return a secret from her? There isn't time to do that justice.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    With a follow up mini
    Has there been any mention of a follow up mini?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ewing was rushed? Most of this plot has been told through mini-series.
    What happened?
    "Cable was right!"

Has there been any mention of a follow up mini?
    No, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we got one.

I don't know how they'll wrap up old Hank. There is so much I wanna see him do and address besides just Nadia. Like how would he feel of Raz taking up the Giant Man mantle? Or how about Darren Cross as Yellowjacket? If he's trying to correct Ultron then I would think Yellowjacket should be next on his list, considering he's running around ruining the name of Yellowjacket. Then again, I don't recall Hank liking that mantle much, especially when reading his comments on it during the Kurt Busiek days.

The Yellowjacket mantle was already tainted. It's the identity Hank was using when he slapped Janet (the reason he later disowned it, he felt he wasn't right in the head when he used it), and wasn't Yellowjacket II, Rita DeMara, an ex-villain?