Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    spoilers:
    Would she consider Ultron a brother and has she actually met William?
    end of spoilers
    Unstoppable Wasp v2 #7. (Also, from the same issue, she regards Vision as her nephew, so...)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 01-31-2024 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Unstoppable Wasp v2 #7. (Also, from the same issue, she regards Vision as her nephew, so...)
    Ok. spoilers:
    Nadia not regarding Ultron as family could be a personal quirk.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

It's not the best possible conclusion for Hank, but it's far far far from the worst and a solid issue. It feels like it's been decades since Hank was written with this much respect. Bless Ewing.
    spoilers:
    I only wish Daredevil had shown up, too.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I didn't expect this to come back to Ultron-12 or Mark, but if anyone could turn out to be a heroic Ultron, it's him.

I like how Luke was self-aware about how the Thunderbolts are so done considering they don't even appear anymore.

Of course Ultron would have to appear in the metal flesh, he can't help himself.

The Ant-Avengers arrived! Nice to see Scott, Cassie, and especially Nadia.

I'll at least appreciate this much, Ewing giving us Hank and Nadia finally meeting and Hank fully embracing and teaming-up with his daughter to help fight Ultron and Nadia finally getting to be with her dad...however brief. She finally got to have her dad be her dad and believe in her.

I really don't care for the idea of Old Man Hank being a thing and out in the wind, but at least Jan probably won't give up on him.

Definitely feels like Ewing is setting up a new team book with Jan's team...which is probably the only chance "Mark" has of showing up again. Vision calling him uncle was hilarious. Also Nadia having another "brother." Pym family tree is as crazy as ever.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

It all just seemed forced to close out the story.

spoilers:
    Nadia meeting Hank was underwhelming. Now there is Good Ultron / Mark Twelve. All the characters seemed to just be thrown in there at the end.
    end of spoilers
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

As much as I love Ewing and feel he's tried his best here, it just feels like more Hank abuse, as usual, plus a healthy dose of synergy literally no one buying a book for Hank gives the remotest toss about.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I just finished reading this. I give Ewing 10 stars for this. Marvel shackled him and basically ruined a good thing. You could tell Al had great plans for this and they cut it short. Finally Hank gets treated with respect even if it wasn’t the best ending for him. Al left Hank with a quest and unfinished business. Let him finish it Marvel. He also created a way for Jan and everyone else in here to continue on as well. There should be at least two more separate story’s that should be made into ongoings or at least 10-12 issues each. Jan and her team in one book and Hank and the Lethal Legion in the other. I wish I could say more but I don’t want to spoil much. Ewing did a fantastic job of tying this all together with such short notice from editorial. Well done Al! Finish your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It all just seemed forced to close out the story.

spoilers:
    Nadia meeting Hank was underwhelming. Now there is Good Ultron / Mark Twelve. All the characters seemed to just be thrown in there at the end.
    end of spoilers
    He didn’t have much choice. He probably had it planned out better and editorial threw a monkey wrench into his plans. Considering the limitations I thought it was as good an ending as he could do considering.

Yeah, the book wasn't supposed to be just a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    spoilers:
    Would she consider Ultron a brother and has she actually met William?
    end of spoilers
    As posted already, yes to the latter. And Viv gave Nadia a mug referring to her as her great aunt. Bear in mind Viv's grandfather is Ultron, Vision's is Hank. Excluding Ultron would divorce the Visions from the Pyms. Notably, Vision's sister, Jocasta (who despite being built as a bride for Ultron, being his creation would in fact be his daughter), uses the Pym surname, as of Slott's Iron Man run. Jocasta would in fact be both Nadia's niece and her adoptive aunt, due to the fact she was based on Janet's brain patterns which makes her Janet's sister as well. It really is a complicated family tree!

Come to think of it, isn't Tigra currently in Moon Knight's supporting cast? She should've been among the reinforcements in Avengers Inc #5.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-01-2024 at 06:38 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:

I'll at least appreciate this much, Ewing giving us Hank and Nadia finally meeting and Hank fully embracing and teaming-up with his daughter to help fight Ultron and Nadia finally getting to be with her dad...however brief. She finally got to have her dad be her dad and believe in her.

I really don't care for the idea of Old Man Hank being a thing and out in the wind, but at least Jan probably won't give up on him.
    end of spoilers
    I had such high hopes for this book and like most everyone is saying, it felt rushed due to its cancellation. And while it was a nice wrap up to the "Detective Jan" thing, it still leaves Pym fans wanting. I hope Marvel allows Ewing at least a one-shot or mini-series to resolve Hanks's age and Ultron issue. Let's face facts. Ultron is NEVER going to be eliminated permanently, as long as some writer wants to pull him off the scrap heap and use him. And he is far too popular of an antagonist for that not to happen. So for him to be Hank's sole focus for the rest of eternity is almost as bad as having him dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    I had such high hopes for this book and like most everyone is saying, it felt rushed due to its cancellation. And while it was a nice wrap up to the "Detective Jan" thing, it still leaves Pym fans wanting. I hope Marvel allows Ewing at least a one-shot or mini-series to resolve Hanks's age and Ultron issue. Let's face facts. Ultron is NEVER going to be eliminated permanently, as long as some writer wants to pull him off the scrap heap and use him. And he is far too popular of an antagonist for that not to happen. So for him to be Hank's sole focus for the rest of eternity is almost as bad as having him dead.
    That's a problem not just with Ultron, but any popular villain. Green Goblin, Kang, Apocalypse, etc. They'll never truly be gone and unlike heroes rarely get 'legacy villains' to retire them. They are immortal even if there goal is to obtain immortality. Ironic isn't it? So yeah Hank battling Ultron will never end because Ultron will never truly stay gone even if they find a solution in one book another writer will find a loophole to bring them out of it and the cat and mouse chase restarts.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    That's a problem not just with Ultron, but any popular villain. Green Goblin, Kang, Apocalypse, etc. They'll never truly be gone and unlike heroes rarely get 'legacy villains' to retire them. They are immortal even if there goal is to obtain immortality. Ironic isn't it? So yeah Hank battling Ultron will never end because Ultron will never truly stay gone even if they find a solution in one book another writer will find a loophole to bring them out of it and the cat and mouse chase restarts.
    Sadly true. The perennial answer to 'why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker and save all those people who are going to die the next time he waltzes out of Arkham' is because it doesn't matter. No matter how many times a hero kills a villain (or vice versa...), a popular character will return the hot microsecond a new writer wants to use them. But the hero who killed them will still be a killer (even if the villain they killed is back again!).

The serial nature of comics, and the lack of creator control of the characters, means that Marvel and DC villains (or heroes) have a 'get out of death free' card, to be used the second a new writer wants to use them in a story. With creator-owned work, there's at least the option that the one and only writer of that book might kill off a character 'for real' and they won't just appear a year or two later when the new creative team gets a wild hair to write the definitive story about character X (which the writer before them did, and the writer before them did, and the writer before them did, over the last 50 years and dozen-plus creative teams...).

It's like watching Supernatural, where a 'dirt nap' is a literal nap. They'll be up again soon enough!

Loved it. Sure, it was rushed... but it was still a great conclusion to most of the plot threads Ewing had laid out for us. I can't wait to see where things go from here.

Everyone is calling for the Ant-Vengers, but I think we also have enough for an Ult-Vengers team. Vision, Jocasta, Alkhema, Victor Mancha, Viv Vision and now Mark Twelve as well. And Sparky as the mascot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Loved it. Sure, it was rushed... but it was still a great conclusion to most of the plot threads Ewing had laid out for us. I can't wait to see where things go from here.

Everyone is calling for the Ant-Vengers, but I think we also have enough for an Ult-Vengers team. Vision, Jocasta, Alkhema, Victor Mancha, Viv Vision and now Mark Twelve as well. And Sparky as the mascot.
    I mean. We had Avengers A.I. team ongoing comic before, starring Hank Pym and Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I mean. We had Avengers A.I. team ongoing comic before, starring Hank Pym and Vision.
    Victor was there too... but it wasn't well written. Though it did give us Doombot that Rainbow Rowell had fun with in the most recent Runaways.