Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Victor was there too... but it wasn't well written. Though it did give us Doombot that Rainbow Rowell had fun with in the most recent Runaways.
    I like 616 Monica Chang

Loved it. Sure, it was rushed... but it was still a great conclusion to most of the plot threads Ewing had laid out for us. I can't wait to see where things go from here.

Everyone is calling for the Ant-Vengers, but I think we also have enough for an Ult-Vengers team. Vision, Jocasta, Alkhema, Victor Mancha, Viv Vision and now Mark Twelve as well. And Sparky as the mascot.
    I’d love an Ant-Vengers and a Lethal Legion. Al left enough promise for two books.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I mean. We had Avengers A.I. team ongoing comic before, starring Hank Pym and Vision.
    They could always do a Volume 2 of Avengers AI.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They should but Marvel already cut the first volume short. They never gave it a chance. Jan did mention something though at the end. “Maybe next time I’ll even wear a costume.” After rereading this I get the idea that maybe, just maybe, Al is going to get another shot at this. It’s possible that Ewing petitioned hard to keep this going and they are reconsidering it. There is to much unresolved story that needs to be told. Cramming all that in the last issue just doesn’t do any of it justice. Hank, Jan, Nadia and all the supporting characters deserve better.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Can’t say this issue was great, to be honest, but it’s no fault of Al Ewings. He did what he could to wrap everything up, I suppose.

A shame, really, as this would’ve been a nice series to cap off the Ant-Trilogy he was setting up.

Loved it. Sure, it was rushed... but it was still a great conclusion to most of the plot threads Ewing had laid out for us. I can't wait to see where things go from here.

Everyone is calling for the Ant-Vengers, but I think we also have enough for an Ult-Vengers team. Vision, Jocasta, Alkhema, Victor Mancha, Viv Vision and now Mark Twelve as well. And Sparky as the mascot.
    I know, right?! But, don't forget about R.O.V.E.R. (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-02-2024 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    They should but Marvel already cut the first volume short. They never gave it a chance. Jan did mention something though at the end. “Maybe next time I’ll even wear a costume.” After rereading this I get the idea that maybe, just maybe, Al is going to get another shot at this. It’s possible that Ewing petitioned hard to keep this going and they are reconsidering it. There is to much unresolved story that needs to be told. Cramming all that in the last issue just doesn’t do any of it justice. Hank, Jan, Nadia and all the supporting characters deserve better.
    Honestly, I agree they all deserve better, but they've already attached an Avengers to the title, in blatant attempt to draw attention to a book that, deep down, has nothing to do with the Avengers. And it got cancelled early. I sincerely don't now if Marvel is willing to invest the money on a book that is supposed to redeem (one more time) a character they've done everything they can to ruin. By the way, what were the sales figures to the Ant-Man and The Wasp mini-series? How well did they do?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! But, don't forget about R.O.V.E.R. (LOL):

I loved Rover... hasn't been seen in decades.

In my original post I was going to go even more obscure and say it should include Ultron's dog Rex.

I loved Rover... hasn't been seen in decades.

In my original post I was going to go even more obscure and say it should include Ultron's dog Rex.
    OMG! A fellow reader/fan of Blackwulf!! COOL!!! But yeah, fun while it lasted...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member

As for Hank's return....this is disappointing. MCU synergy or Old Hank is bad enough but just doing this whole "he's back" doesn't work for me. I have said before with everything Hank has been through they need to show there has been a serious toll on him. Physical, psychological and emotional. And there needs to be a storyline showing him recovering from that.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    As for Hank's return....this is disappointing. MCU synergy or Old Hank is bad enough but just doing this whole "he's back" doesn't work for me. I have said before with everything Hank has been through they need to show there has been a serious toll on him. Physical, psychological and emotional. And there needs to be a storyline showing him recovering from that.
    And he's back...only to be gone again, to return...who knows when.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And he's back...only to be gone again, to return...who knows when.
    That too...but I hate that they really don't acknowledge the emotional and psychological toll on some of their characters. Hank is the perfect opportunity to show the harm the super hero life can cause.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Marvel does love it's reboots and maybe they can retool it just enough to make it run a little better. I loved the concept of Avengers, Inc and wished it could have continued but look forward to seeing what else is coming down the way.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Seeing the Ant family and all those forgotten villains again was cool. Such a shame this book was cut short.

Last I heard Pym was fused with Ultron and in space. What happened since?