Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I bet they were embarrassed later when they found out they were telling the truth and ARE Captain America legacy heroes from the future. American Dream is an MC2 character, so she's only from 25 years or so in the future. Long enough in the future of course that Sue and Janet are both retired (Wasp being replaced by Stinger, Scott Lang's daughter Cassie, who now has that identity in 616 as well). By now, MC2 is an outright alternate universe (the existence of most of the Young Avengers and Champions would drastically alter the line-up of A-Next) - MC2 pretty much fell apart once they started appearing with only Spider-Girl having any longevity (and even she's fallen out of use outside of Spider-Verse events).
    I liked MC2, especially the A-Next crew. I wish they'd been more used.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just re-read issues 1 and 2 and I am left with thoughts...

1. What qualifies Jan to be doing investigations? Does she have formal training or does she just have the experience of being an Avenger for so long?
    2. Will Nadia make an appearance? I do not want her as an ongoing every issue character...but Jan is her Mom. I would at least like to see Jan managing that responsibility?
    3. What is the end game for Vic Shade? I would assume that Whirlwind is going to get his body back...but what body will Vic end up with? A synthezoid body like Vision? An organic body?
    First off I’m glad Whirlwind isn’t dead. He’s been around too long to just kill off. Plus he’s one of Hank and Jan’s best rogue villains. Second I’m wondering if Marvel is going to do a DC Deadman thing with Shade. If they decide to kill off Cannon then give Shade his super speed and whirlwind powers. He would make a cool Avenger. The Deadman scenario is to much of a copycat thing but Marvel has done it multiple times in the past. The best option would be to give him his own synthezoid body with Whirlwind’s powers. Kind of a compromise. Marvel needs more speedsters. Anyways this has been really good so far.

A synthezoid Whirlwind... wouldn't that be a knockoff of Red Tornado?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A synthezoid Whirlwind... wouldn't that be a knockoff of Red Tornado?
    Geez I forgot all about him. That throws a wrench in my analysis. Im curious to find out though. A very intriguing series so far. How many issues is this supposed to be?

Ongoing. There's been no mention of a fixed number of issues.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ongoing. There's been no mention of a fixed number of issues.
    That gives Ewing plenty of time then. Hopefully this sells well. It’s definitely high up on my pull list. So far this has been way better than the main Avengers title IMO.

Amazing Member

not claiming to know the full answer, but in leading up to this series (kind of addressing 1&2) Jan & Nadia were in the Wasp limited series, that both had them working together and personal life things. It setup her bar/Avengers base, it set up Whirlwind being in the cell. In issue 3 they are both "sent" at least mentally, into alternate realities where their lives were different, no Avengers for Janet (and she was more of a Private Eye for odd things) and Nadia was all in on the Red Room program.
    I don't think if it was explicitly stated, but there is a decent case that as she remembered what happened there, she may have carried over a more "dialed up" investigative skillset than we have seen her show off before.

No solicitation for an issue #6 in February....I hope they’re just pausing the book for a month, then they’ll be back in March, spring boarding off of whatever happens between Jan and Hank in #5!

Issue 5 is out on January 31st, so I expect #6 will be March 6th, hence why it wasn't solicited.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Issue 5 is out on January 31st, so I expect #6 will be March 6th, hence why it wasn't solicited.
    so this isn't a mini but a ongoing?

Issue six is out on 2/21

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...avengers-inc-6

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Issue six is out on 2/21

I’m confused. Is it or isn’t it cancelled. I will be enormously disappointed if it is. The way they are talking on League of Comics it’s cancelled.

Maybe the delay is for a transition to ongoing status?

Next week's issue was said to be 3 out of 5 on Amazon.com so maybe they relaunch it under a different name?

Extraordinary Member

If it is an ongoing...I would like to see some longer investigations other than the single issue 'we found the problem and solved it' stuff we have seen.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Issue six is out on 2/21

That date can't be right, it wasn't solicited.