Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean I'm not really sure why that's a knock against Storm? We don't even really know the context of this fight so her protecting Selene and her reasonings for doing so are completely unknown. And of course, the most obvious point that being a hostile Omega level TK is a threat to everybody Storm would be one of the first people to put him down.
    Facts about the context but even beyond that what gives Exodus and Hope more right to the dream of krakoa then Selene. Whether she was the reason for the Kaiju or not what hope and Exodus did to her was no less worse than what they were doing with resurrections in the future, except it happened.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Facts about the context but even beyond that what gives Exodus and Hope more right to the dream of krakoa then Selene. Whether she was the reason for the Kaiju or not what hope and Exodus did to her was no less worse than what they were doing with resurrections in the future, except it happened.
    not sure I completely unterstand your comment, but Exodus and Hope are two very crucial and central mutant leaders who tried to achieve mutant liberation for many years in their respective ways before Krakoa.

Selene on the other hand, really has no right to the dream of Krakoa whatsoever. Or did I miss something in her history? She is the absolute embodiment of cruel selfish greed. Wasn't she described as a being like a blackhole whose hunger is insatiable? There is literally nothing redeemable about her. Exodus is a disgusting killer and psychopath but he does it for a course...Selene does not care for mutant kind or humanity. She's here for herself.

...I love Selene for being a true evil villain because most X-Men villain have a certain ethics and are questionable anti-heroes. Selene is just a soul sucking vampire monster with a fabulous sense of fashion.

If Krakoa doesn't do capitalism—how Marxist Queen Jean Grey recently stated—I am really wondering why Selene is still here?! ;-)
    Last edited by Exodus; 06-10-2023 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    not sure I completely unterstand your comment, but Exodus and Hope are two very crucial and central mutant leaders who tried to achieve mutant liberation for many years in their respective ways before Krakoa.

Selene on the other hand, really has no right to the dream of Krakoa whatsoever. Or did I miss something in her history? She is the absolute embodiment of cruel selfish greed. Wasn't she described as a being like a blackhole whose hunger is insatiable? There is literally nothing redeemable about her. Exodus is a disgusting killer and psychopath but he does it for a course...Selene does not care for mutant kind or humanity. She's here for herself.

...I love Selene for being a true evil villain because most X-Men villain have a certain ethics and are questionable anti-heroes. Selene is just a soul sucking vampire monster with a fabulous sense of fashion.

If Krakoa doesn't do capitalism, I am really wondering why Selene is still here?! ;-)
    In the story they all get a fresh start. in immortal they attacked her, Exodus and Hope, stopped the kaiju, and then continued to brutally kill her. essentially taking advantage of the resurrection protocols which is basically what they do in Sins except they have already violated the act of resurrection. So i'm not really going over the past or any of that because it doesn't really matter here. Without text there is no context for what is happening, selene could be confronting him about her murder or he could be unhappy she is on the council and trying to kill her again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

If Krakoa doesn't do capitalism—how Marxist Queen Jean Grey recently stated—I am really wondering why Selene is still here?! ;-)
    I wonder, and it is still something I am pondering on. In the overall scheme of things where so many are forgiven for there past sins and even villans are given a second chance, could there be a case made that Selene in her own way cares. I mean she did bring mutants back to life when no one else cared about the dead. Yes it had selfish reasons but she still brought them back to life...... backwards selfish and evil and many went back to death after, but she still did it.

Selene has already been arrested and forgiven when she brought red crane back to life and tried to kill captain america and sharon carter, then she tried again to kill everyone on krakoa by summoning a kaiju and allying with the akaba clan, still happy that hope and exodus killed him.
    Selene has nothing to do on the council or even on krakoa after all she has done, it makes no sense that no one on the council is asking questions about colossus and shaw but the writing is stupid since fall of x is on the starting point anyway, everything is rushing and forcing incoherently it's really not pleasant to read the latest x-book issue.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Maybe the fight is because Righteous Twat is casting more spells to wreak further havoc and dissension...yawn.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I got the feeling it was a female body too. Is it because of the head/hair shape?

Storm is iffy to me. She's been great when she's been there, but she hasn't been there as much as she should be with her on Arrako so I could see her getting the boot for not focusing enough on Krakoa. Selene is a no go for me. She turned a gate into a monster when she didn't get her seat.

I was thinking Emma(hopefully) or Selene, assuming its people involved in the Quiet Council.

Doug and Xavier are already on page.
    The shadow looks female (rules out Exodus, Piotr, Shaw and Kurt).
    The shadow looks tall (rules out Hope and Kate).
    The shadow looks like it has a cape (rules out Storm and Rasputin, it could be a shapeshifted Mystique but it would be weird to switch up her outline for a one panel fake out).
    The shadow looks like it has long hair, which leaves Emma, Selene or possibly a helmetless Destiny, but I think it would be the same as with the Mystique point since she's had her helmet on most of the times she's not just with Mystique.

Now that I've laid out my reasoning I'll be way off when its revealed.
    Tbh even tho the shadow doesn’t look much like her I was assuming it might be Bei, who has backed Doug in his secret agendas in the past and makes sense to be literally and symbolically behind him in whatever he does next issue, particularly with Warlock out of the picture at the moment and unable to back him up.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Selene has already been arrested and forgiven when she brought red crane back to life and tried to kill captain america and sharon carter, then she tried again to kill everyone on krakoa by summoning a kaiju and allying with the akaba clan, still happy that hope and exodus killed him.
    Selene has nothing to do on the council or even on krakoa after all she has done, it makes no sense that no one on the council is asking questions about colossus and shaw but the writing is stupid since fall of x is on the starting point anyway, everything is rushing and forcing incoherently it's really not pleasant to read the latest x-book issue.
    Well that is what the writer set up. So she does have something to do with the council now. Apparently it doesn't make sense to colossus no one is asking either but again that's the plot. Just like exodus and Hope brought selene back and killed her after they stopped the kaiju, when she was helpless which is the opposite of what resurrection was suppose to be so once they murdered her in the cocoon in that room, any sort of sacred rebirth was already tainted by them. That's just the story. Also the bond with the five? lies. once she started lying to them that too went out the window. i wonder if they will get to find out hope sends them away or willy nilly uses resurrection for her own purposes. Her and exodus are pretty much the only ones who story in immortal has carried across directly to their sins in sins of sinister.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-10-2023 at 12:16 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I wonder, and it is still something I am pondering on. In the overall scheme of things where so many are forgiven for there past sins and even villans are given a second chance, could there be a case made that Selene in her own way cares. I mean she did bring mutants back to life when no one else cared about the dead. Yes it had selfish reasons but she still brought them back to life...... backwards selfish and evil and many went back to death after, but she still did it.
    If you're talking about Necrosha. she only did that so she could mass-sacrifice all of them and become a Goddess. It had nothing to do with caring about the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh even tho the shadow doesn’t look much like her I was assuming it might be Bei, who has backed Doug in his secret agendas in the past and makes sense to be literally and symbolically behind him in whatever he does next issue, particularly with Warlock out of the picture at the moment and unable to back him up.
    Yeah, without the helmet she fits the outline. I was sticking with people involved in the council but she cold be there supporting Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    If you're talking about Necrosha. she only did that so she could mass-sacrifice all of them and become a Goddess. It had nothing to do with caring about the dead.
    exactly.

Please, Dear marvel writers, do not give Selene more motivation than being evil or any morals. thank you! Can one villain please stay evil for once? Nobody is as deliciously evil as Queen Selene. So leave her alone.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

exactly.

Please, Dear marvel writers, do not give Selene more motivation than being evil or any morals. thank you! Can one villain please stay evil for once? Nobody is as deliciously evil as Queen Selene. So leave her alone.
    Agreed, I'm happy for Selene to remain a selfish, evil bitch without any tragic event in her past making her like that or a higher motivation for doing what she's doing.

Unless we count those times when her minions failed her and she didn't turn into a goddess, that was a fucking tragedy.

Astonishing Member

exactly.

It's weird to nowdays consider it "refreshing" when entertainingly one-dimensional villains remain entertainingly one-dimensional villains.

Layered, redeemable, relunctant, ambigious or tragic villains are great when done right, they add flavor, but one dimensional "evil and loving it" or "evil and delusional about it" types are more or less the baseline that exist to make the previous mentioned variants so interesting in their own right.

Astonishing Member

The issue there is it had flipped. Essentially everywhere. To the point where the High Evolutionary in Gotg 3 and Jack Horner in Puss in Boots 2 were so well-recieved because they didn’t have some grand underlying plans or tragic backstories or anything else. Not every villain needs to be sympathetic, nor do they need the heel-face turn treatment.

Especially when it wasn’t originally planned and you end up with the Quiet Council having a Nazi concentration camp doctor and a social Darwinist genocidal lunatic who is also a groomer. At least Sinister remained evil, Apocalypse gets a pass because apparently the grooming was to help fight demons lead by his ex-wife.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Maybe the fight is because Righteous Twat is casting more spells to wreak further havoc and dissension...yawn.
    Makes me wonder why Ororo, Forge, nor Illyana hasn't as of yet detected Rebecca Essex's foul magics afoot -- at least the writer could throw us a bone and show us how effective Mysterium really is against magic by depicting Rebecca as being secretly and deathly afraid of coming in direct contact with it.