Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bringing up Rahne's deceased child and not following up on it.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Frenzy and Paibok the Skrull during the SWORD run.

I wondered if that was leading into a romance.
    I think it's just a hint that she still carries a torch for Scott(if Brand's details have any truth to them)

For me since Beast has gone full 'Hyde' the mystery of Inferno 3 is unsettling when he tells Cypher ' You used all the cadavers I supplied? ..All of them .Each one deceased from complications of..' I wonder if that will ever be illuminated.My own guess is he was about to say 'Legacy Virus' If anyone has read where this tease is further elaborated on, feel free to inform
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-10-2023 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    wait what? I never heard that, that's crazy as hell
    Hickman said in an interview. You can read what he said here: https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/st...rs-connection/

But the interview on Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What will Ororo do with 60 minutes of Uranos time?
    Uranos might be needed to defend against Nimrod.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What will Ororo do with 60 minutes of Uranos time?
    She's going to sleep with him, to show dominance over her enemies. Genesis will freak out and back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Hickman said in an interview. You can read what he said here: https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/st...rs-connection/

But the interview on Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men
    thanks for the link, I really wanna know what Hickman was planning

Mighty Member

Why Monet and the twins ( Claudette & Nicole) can turn into a Penance form. This is one of the few things I hate about this era as Monet and her sisters did not need this. If anything, they should have used a Giant Sized Xmen fix all the St. Crois stuff along with Emplate. they had plenty of time to fix it, let us see how the Dad feels and even resurrect the mother. Like a big missed opportunity.

I also wanted to know a lot more about the Akademos Habitat. I wanted to see less popular or visible New Mutants, Hellions, MLF, Gen X and all the other young adults/ kids form bonds, connections and have issues with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Bringing up Rahne's deceased child and not following up on it.
    This, also Rahne’s reaction to Moira being alive/ betraying mutandom

Astonishing Member

Anyone else remember Duggan teasing some kind of expedition way back in Marauders vol 1? It was right after X of Swords, Shinobi and Christian Frost were having a drink and discussing some kind of expedition he wanted the Hellfire company to back, and Christian said Emma would like that the idea was coming from Shinobi and not Sebastian, so he'd bring it up with her.

We never did find out what that was about. I wonder if it was one of those plotlines that got cut when each book lost four issues like was discussed previously in thread.

Have all of Sinister Secrets been revealed????
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

The true heirs of Earth are not humans or mutants, but Homo Novissima.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Just tossing a few things out that feel unfinished or had no follow up. Feel free to add or correct anything I may have missed.

SWORD vs The Zn'rx (Snarks)

Shinobi Shaw, Harry Leland, Lourdes Chantel

Who really put Jefferies, Oya, Nekra, Melter, Third Eye in The Pit?

Sabretooth and The Exiles

The Six (Manifold, Khora of the Burning Heart, Risque, Peeper, Wiz-Kid, [S.W.O.R.D. Teleport Team (Blink, Vanisher, Lila Cheney, Gateway, Amelia Voght)]
    Backups: Nightcrawler, Magik, Zorn, Skids, Forge, Doc
    The Snark story was resolved. Brand sent Amelia and Khora to kill the Snark guy who was starting **** and they left one of candidates alive to use as a puppet leader.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post

which was the Children of the Vault.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Isn't it weirdly restrictive to think that this story about super humans and godlike beings would remain mostly stuck to Earth as be all end all?

We have people who can teleport to "the center of creation", create functional fusion reactors and black hole bombs on a little work bench, produce massive quantities of energy and matter from seemingly nowhere, control entire weather systems and eco spheres or existing in physical state that should not be able to "live".

And yet this never in any presented future resulted in at least a The Expanse style situation for humanity?

This whole "heir to Earth or bust" situation arguably only makes sense within a story or setting, where the narrative demands everyone to be stuck on a single planet, by restricting the powers or technological possibilities, because compared to many science fiction works from soft to hard and given the usable tools and established restrictions (or lack thereof) it shouldn't work this way.

Keeping the mutants and by extension the X-men to be primarily confined to Earth makes sense when it's still within the setting and context of a super hero adventure franchise based on a reflection of modern day Earth, but this entire setup is clearly meant to go outside that scope and the setting.

So the the story and status quo are both too big and too small at the same time. Which seems to be a "wanting the cake and eat it situation". Where the writer(s) want to retain the standard narratives of the X-men, while also overly demonstrating technologies and super powers which are much more suited for the cosmic side of the Marvel Comic universe.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    which was the Children of the Vault.
    Artifical super powered beings of human origins who are supposed to have enhanced themself over thousands of years and yet are still primarily jobbers, while a bunch of scientist and robots orbiting the sun for a few months are presented as the most fearsome opponent for the heros.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-12-2023 at 01:14 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Anyone else remember Duggan teasing some kind of expedition way back in Marauders vol 1? It was right after X of Swords, Shinobi and Christian Frost were having a drink and discussing some kind of expedition he wanted the Hellfire company to back, and Christian said Emma would like that the idea was coming from Shinobi and not Sebastian, so he'd bring it up with her.

We never did find out what that was about. I wonder if it was one of those plotlines that got cut when each book lost four issues like was discussed previously in thread.
    I remember that, too. I figured it was some kind of business venture they wanted to go in on together, but it felt like it was a set-up for something that never really happened. Maybe it was just to show the two of them getting close?

That and having a whole scene of Shinobi going to retrieve a sword that he never uses for the entire book, until the second-to-last issue when he waves it vaguely at Sebastian to get Sebastian to tell him about the whole Harry thing - which Sebastian was already planning to tell him. That's not really an unresolved plot point so much as me wondering what the point was.

I didn't know about that four issue loss until people brought it up here, now I'm very curious about which plot lines Duggan had to cut or rush.