Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Isn't it weirdly restrictive to think that this story about super humans and godlike beings would remain mostly stuck to Earth as be all end all?

We have people who can teleport to "the center of creation", create functional fusion reactors and black hole bombs on a little work bench, produce massive quantities of energy and matter from seemingly nowhere, control entire weather systems and eco spheres or existing in physical state that should not be able to "live".

And yet this never in any presented future resulted in at least a The Expanse style situation for humanity?

This whole "heir to Earth or bust" situation arguably only makes sense within a story or setting, where the narrative demands everyone to be stuck on a single planet, by restricting the powers or technological possibilities, because compared to many science fiction works from soft to hard and given the usable tools and established restrictions (or lack thereof) it shouldn't work this way.

Keeping the mutants and by extension the X-men to be primarily confined to Earth makes sense when it's still within the setting and context of a super hero adventure franchise based on a reflection of modern day Earth, but this entire setup is clearly meant to go outside that scope and the setting.

So the the story and status quo are both too big and too small at the same time. Which seems to be a "wanting the cake and eat it situation". Where the writer(s) want to retain the standard narratives of the X-men, while also overly demonstrating technologies and super powers which are much more suited for the cosmic side of the Marvel Comic universe.
    also... Lila Cheney exists. that teleporter who NEEDS to jump several light years each time because of a quirk in how here teleporting works.... she can just teleport to Chandilar if she really wants to. Also.... There are descendants of Human Mutants IN OTHER GALAXIES!!!!! like, for one example... Deathbird's child with Vulcan.... Still out there somewhere....
    Artifical super powered beings of human origins who are supposed to have enhanced themself over thousands of years and yet are still primarily jobbers, while a bunch of scientist and robots orbiting the sun for a few months are presented as the most fearsome opponent for the heros.
    enh, yeah, pretty much.

I guess we can add Nature Girl's status to this list now.

Deviants can pass through Krakoan gates as easily as mutants can
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Unglaublich!

The Reed/Xavier conversation was resolved, wasn't it? I'm sure I remember reading somewhere very recently that Reed had told Charles that he'd found a way to mask or hide the X-Gene from scanners and the like. Surely that would portray Franklin as not being a mutant anymore?

Anyone else read this? I'm sure it was in an issue of Immortal! Maybe the one focusing on Charles?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    which was the Children of the Vault.
    But we just have a leap of the plot in Inferno.

Hickman had big plans for them. Including the use of Darwin's powers to enhance their powers.

It would be very ironic if the mutants' action of invading the Vault caused the creation of Homo Novissima.

Unfortunately, Duggan got this plot and destroyed it if his terrible writing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Isn't it weirdly restrictive to think that this story about super humans and godlike beings would remain mostly stuck to Earth as be all end all?

We have people who can teleport to "the center of creation", create functional fusion reactors and black hole bombs on a little work bench, produce massive quantities of energy and matter from seemingly nowhere, control entire weather systems and eco spheres or existing in physical state that should not be able to "live".

And yet this never in any presented future resulted in at least a The Expanse style situation for humanity?

This whole "heir to Earth or bust" situation arguably only makes sense within a story or setting, where the narrative demands everyone to be stuck on a single planet, by restricting the powers or technological possibilities, because compared to many science fiction works from soft to hard and given the usable tools and established restrictions (or lack thereof) it shouldn't work this way.

Keeping the mutants and by extension the X-men to be primarily confined to Earth makes sense when it's still within the setting and context of a super hero adventure franchise based on a reflection of modern day Earth, but this entire setup is clearly meant to go outside that scope and the setting.

So the the story and status quo are both too big and too small at the same time. Which seems to be a "wanting the cake and eat it situation". Where the writer(s) want to retain the standard narratives of the X-men, while also overly demonstrating technologies and super powers which are much more suited for the cosmic side of the Marvel Comic universe.
    What is implied by the story is that Earth is just the center of the huge empire raised by the dominant species that is trying to reach dominion.
    We have seen it in Sins of Sinister.

When I say "heirs of Earth" a take that into consideration and I'm referring to Xavier's speech to humanity in HOX:

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Deviants can pass through Krakoan gates as easily as mutants can
    I don't think that's a mystery, it was explained that mutants and Deviants have enough similarities for Krakoa to grant them passage. I don't believe there's anything more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Storm's techo baby is the dominion. Lowkey I been looking for that shape all over in backgrounds but it still only appears in green lantern.
    I assume since it ties directly to Storm, Ewing (or someone else) will follow up on it after FOX. But it looks like she left behind a potential mutant/machine hybrid.

Didn’t Unus go on a mission? Did he ever come back?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

1) Kate Pryde not being able to use the gates // Reed Richards Deal

2) Cypher wearing Warlock

3) Monet/Penance merge

4) Follow up to the Morlocks and Hellfire Trading Inc from Marauders vol1.

5) Chamber and Mondo disappearing from the NMs.

6) Why Anole who actually graduated from the JGS and was a COO of Worthington Industries? // Interaction with Wrongslide

7) Where is Shade/Darkveil?

8) Christian Frost's "mutant" name.

9) Building an actual society like Forge's vision.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    9) Building an actual society like Forge's vision.
    Problem is they already had several mini-societies. now they're trying to fuse them all.

At some point I would like for them to release all the data pages that have come out in one collection and remove all the redacted black bars.
    Last edited by JamJams; 06-14-2023 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I don't think that's a mystery, it was explained that mutants and Deviants have enough similarities for Krakoa to grant them passage. I don't believe there's anything more to it.
    It’s not that I disagree, but that plot point is just begging for a storyline in my mind. I’m guessing most here would disagree, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    At some point I would like for them to release all the data pages that have come out in one collection and remove all the redacted black bars.
    I love it!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    It’s not that I disagree, but that plot point is just begging for a storyline in my mind. I’m guessing most here would disagree, of course.
    No I know what you mean. But I fear the Deviants, along with the Eternals and the Inhumans, have committed the worst capital sin these days of having an unsuccessful (partially or totally, your mileage may vary) movie/show adaptation, so I don't really expect the comics to give them any attention anytime soon.