Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I think her "usual self" is kind of the problem. I know I'm going to catch heck by saying this but the character screams sidekick who will never make it to the big table.Usually I'm always against a Tom King deconstruction, but this is one of those rare cases where maybe it would be good for the character.

The character is trying to do a "Spider-Man for a new generation" thing. What Marvel fails to get is that the new generation...doesn't need or want that. They are fine with Peter and when Peter isn't around they settle for Miles.

The character has been given every opportunity but seems destined to be second tier.
    Huh? She’s probably the most popular new character Marvel has created since Miles because she did the modern day teenage superhero story for a new audience so well.

Re the initial post I wouldn’t mind a story with Kamala questioning her faith, but I don’t know if I would follow up her return with that story. I would want to keep it a little more classic, but in and of itself I think religious heroes having crisis of faith makes sense. Would hate that she not get to experience it because of “optics” when Matt is perfecting fine having moments where he questions himself without it becoming disrespectful or whatever.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    When did Jane die?
    Thor: Love and Thunder.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Yeah, they adapted her cancer story from the comics, but unlike in the comics, she stayed dead at the end.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    When did Jane die?
    Hell, when did Steve die?
    "Cable was right!"

Took the slow path at the end of Avengers Endgame. Went back in time and grew old with Peggy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Quesada: Listen, losers! Ms. Marvel is the new star of the MCU, with a TV series and an upcoming film... and you alleged writers can't even make an ongoing comic of her! Why do I pay you? If you want to keep working here, I want you to make something BIG with Ms. Marvel! Something that keeps everybody talking for weeks! Something like a death and resurrection arc, but not so predictable...
    That sounds more like J. Jonah Jameson
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Thor: Love and Thunder.
    Thanks Cap U

Hmmm I have to say that the "fan girl of heroes" angle is interesting, but it's a starting point, not the main story.