Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Actually, my proposal would not "change" the character, if by the end of the story arc she's back to her usual self.
    I think her "usual self" is kind of the problem. I know I'm going to catch heck by saying this but the character screams sidekick who will never make it to the big table.Usually I'm always against a Tom King deconstruction, but this is one of those rare cases where maybe it would be good for the character.

The character is trying to do a "Spider-Man for a new generation" thing. What Marvel fails to get is that the new generation...doesn't need or want that. They are fine with Peter and when Peter isn't around they settle for Miles.

The character has been given every opportunity but seems destined to be second tier.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-14-2023 at 07:45 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Liked her better than I even did Spidey. But I'm not this new generation.

*shakes his cane at clouds*

And current Peter is damned near unreadable.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I think her "usual self" is kind of the problem. I know I'm going to catch heck by saying this but the character screams sidekick who will never make it to the big table.Usually I'm always against a Tom King deconstruction, but this is one of those rare cases where maybe it would be good for the character.

The character is trying to do a "Spider-Man for a new generation" thing. What Marvel fails to get is that the new generation...doesn't need or want that. They are fine with Peter and when Peter isn't around they settle for Miles.

The character has been given every opportunity but seems destined to be second tier.
    Huh? She's probably the second most successful character created in the 2010s - Miles being number one of course.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Actually, my proposal would not "change" the character, if by the end of the story arc she's back to her usual self.
    So sort of like "The Captain" story line for Cap.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Kamala's return feels inevitable so the first option feels like the most practical of your two options. Giving her a crisis of faith would be interesting to me.
    And she will be sooo traumatised by her death and rebirth that we will turn into a sofa for weeks to avoid her true feelings!

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    And she will be sooo traumatised by her death and rebirth that we will turn into a sofa for weeks to avoid her true feelings!
    That's one way to go. :P

I don't want Marvel to have their first ex-muslim character to then have them go back to their religion.
    Kamala is fine as she is, and people don't need to always rely on the same old washed up characters.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I think she could discuss it with Dust though - a Muslim X-Man who also joined the Champions, so they already know each other. Dust is actually a lot more devout, to the point of wearing a hijab. Champions never brought up their shared religion.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Why did she die in the first place? Some brains trust thought this was necessary for some reason. I think the Champions are still relevant especially in this Civil War world we are in right now after FF spoiled it for superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Why did she die in the first place? Some brains trust thought this was necessary for some reason. I think the Champions are still relevant especially in this Civil War world we are in right now after FF spoiled it for superheroes.
    The main theory is that Marvel want to make her closer to the MCU version, like they do with almost everything. So, changing her powers and/or making her a mutant. Plus a "death of" and a "return of" story always make some buzz.
    The only synergy stuff I want is Steve, Tony and Jane going away, but of course that won't happen.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Because those three are dead in the movies?

If you look closely on the Emma Frost/Tony Stark wedding cover, Kamala is there.

So… that was quicker than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Quesada: Listen, losers! Ms. Marvel is the new star of the MCU, with a TV series and an upcoming film... and you alleged writers can't even make an ongoing comic of her! Why do I pay you? If you want to keep working here, I want you to make something BIG with Ms. Marvel! Something that keeps everybody talking for weeks! Something like a death and resurrection arc, but not so predictable...

Quesada: Listen, losers! Ms. Marvel is the new star of the MCU, with a TV series and an upcoming film... and you alleged writers can't even make an ongoing comic of her! Why do I pay you? If you want to keep working here, I want you to make something BIG with Ms. Marvel! Something that keeps everybody talking for weeks! Something like a death and resurrection arc, but not so predictable...

Boy I missed the boat about “Marvels”. I thought it was going to be about Busieks 1960’s Marvels . I just saw the shorts for the 3 Ms Marvels yesterday and, was I surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because those three are dead in the movies?
    When did Jane die?