Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How and how much do professional superheroes get paid?

NOT the ones w. day jobs like Clark Kent, or the ones who are obviously rich like Tony Stark, but those OTHER heroes and heroines who don’t seem to have any visible means of support.

Pretty sure this is a case by case basis kind of thing?

Captain America I am sure gets a check from Shield. And I am sure that other heroes that work as government agents do as well.

The ones who protect corporate interests would get a check from the company.

As far as day to day street level guys I have no idea.

alike I always wondered how The Xmen stayed afloat. Was it just Angel cutting Pro X big checks?

Doc Strange doesnt have a job. How did he stay in the money for so long? I am sure he had food bills and electric and other such things to pay. I remember an old Strange Tales wher Wong tells him they are low on funds and Strange tells him to sell some unimportant artifacts or something. Is that how he did it all the time?
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-09-2023 at 06:07 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Back in the '90s, I remember that the Avengers were getting paid $1k a week (almost $2k adjusted for current inflation). I'd say SHIELD agents get the same pay grade military personnel do with hazardous duty pay.

Stop answering my questions w. questions, you!

All kidding aside ty for responding and, i remember Cap used to be a freelance artist but that was aaaaaages ago.

As for SHIELD, isnt it defunct right now?
    That must have put a lot of characters in a financial bind.

Interesting catch on Dr. Strange. Is he like, an antiquities dealer on the side maybe? Would be cool to see that part of his day.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Interesting catch on Dr. Strange. Is he like, an antiquities dealer on the side maybe? Would be cool to see that part of his day.
    I would love to see a Doctor Strange series where he is an antiquities dealer by day and magic man by night. The two could go well together and his searches for items could lead him to adventures. He could be a magical Indiana Jones.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Back in the '90s, I remember that the Avengers were getting paid $1k a week (almost $2k adjusted for current inflation). I'd say SHIELD agents get the same pay grade military personnel do with hazardous duty pay.
    ^^^My bad, I didn’t see your post!

I remember Tony Stark would pay the Avengers that stipend, if they were between jobs, and put them up at the mansion if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would love to see a Doctor Strange series where he is an antiquities dealer by day and magic man by night. The two could go well together and his searches for items could lead him to adventures. He could be a magical Indiana Jones.
    ^^^OMG i just pictured Wong in a baseball cap, telling Dr. Strange there’s “no time for love”…!

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Dr. Strange is a retired doctor, who is an antique dealer on the side.

Captain America I am sure gets a check from Shield. And I am sure that other heroes that work as government agents do as well.

?
    Captain America is also a soldier in the US Army, right? He must get a pension afforded to an E-1 class. I recall he used his pension to establish a hotline network, didn't he?

He has a private apartment in brooklyn. Who is paying for his apartment rent? The taxpayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Captain America is also a soldier in the US Army, right? He must get a pension afforded to an E-1 class. I recall he used his pension to establish a hotline network, didn't he?

He has a private apartment in brooklyn. Who is paying for his apartment rent? The taxpayer?
    Wouldnt USAgent also get a military pension?

Wouldnt USAgent also get a military pension?
    Yes, and I think USAgent is also still working for the US government, possibly as a federal agent or law enforcement officer.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post

I half way remember a more modern story but it was flashback to when he first came out of the ice. Someone from the Pentagon or whatever came up to him and said they were going to give him either backpay or a pension for the time he spent in suspended animation?

But having said that, back in the 70's and 80's Steve had jobs as a police officer and a commercial artist.

Invincible Member

Stan and Jack established early on that the FF live off money from Reed's patents.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Matt Murdock and Jen Walters are lawyers who probably rake in some serious billable hours.

Luke Cage was basically a hired mercenary. Hell, he even chased Doctor Doom to Latveria after he’d been stiffed on a fee.

Peter Parker was a photographer, making ends meet by selling pictures of himself in action as Spider-Man to the Daily Bugle.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I half way remember a more modern story but it was flashback to when he first came out of the ice. Someone from the Pentagon or whatever came up to him and said they were going to give him either backpay or a pension for the time he spent in suspended animation?

But having said that, back in the 70's and 80's Steve had jobs as a police officer and a commercial artist.
    He received payback and used that money to established an 800 number to help people. Can't remember what that was about but I wonder if it's still going on.