Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Star Wars Outlaws (PS5, X-Box, PC) Ubisoft Massive

Yay for Smuggler Open World game, boo for ANOTHER human protagonist. Really the sort of game that would have benefited from designing your own character. Still looks awesome, though I would wait until Ubisoft Forward to see actual gameplay first.

Protagonist reminds me of Ania Solo.

I guess this is kind of the legacy of "Project Ragtag."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Protagonist reminds me of Ania Solo.

I guess this is kind of the legacy of "Project Ragtag."
    I suspect that will be more Amy Hennig’s upcoming Star Wars game, but probably.

Just disappointed that they opted for such a bland looking protagonist, even within the grounds of being a human. Ubisoft is well known for its character customisation in its single player games so it’s mystifying why they don’t include it here. It’s the only major dampener on a otherwise interesting concept if they can not mess it up. Guess we’ll see at Ubisoft Forward tomorrow.

Maybe they'll at least have the ability to customize her appearance a bit (Hairstyles, outfits, tattoos in some cases) like with Cal.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Bumping this as a story trailer is expected today, and the release date is August 30th.

Calling it now that the female Bounty Hunter after you switch sides and is the only love interest for Kay in the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Calling it now that the female Bounty Hunter after you switch sides and is the only love interest for Kay in the entire game.
    Probably closest you'll get to a Han Solo game.

Gameinformer article appears to have leaked that Emilia Clarke is returning to play Qi’Ra in the game, awesome!

Probably tying in a bit with all the Crimson Dawn storylines Marvel did a while back which also took place at the same time (War of the Bounty Hunters, Crimson Reign, Hidden Empire etc).

Ultimate Member

Yay for Smuggler Open World game, boo for ANOTHER human protagonist. Really the sort of game that would have benefited from designing your own character. Still looks awesome, though I would wait until Ubisoft Forward to see actual gameplay first.
    I just hope that it's not the same Ubisoft formula of capturing towers and territories.

It's something they've been putting in almost their games these days and it's boring.

The last two Far Crys did scale back the tower stuff, but not the fortresses as much.

Kind of wonder if this will be a bit like a reskinned AC game, since their Avatar game was pretty much that for Far Cry 6.

Gameinformer article appears to have leaked that Emilia Clarke is returning to play Qi’Ra in the game, awesome!
    I'm happy she's back in Star Wars media .

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I just hope that it's not the same Ubisoft formula of capturing towers and territories.

It's something they've been putting in almost their games these days and it's boring.
    Going by the articles it looks like the main hook will be the reputation systems with the four criminal organisations Kay can operate with, as well as approaches to missions with stealth vs combat and using Nix the alien in situations.

Gameinformer said they did a mission on Tosharra where they stole some blackmail data from the Pyke Syndicate and because they were seen their rep with them lowered but they had the option to either sell back the data to the Pykes and restore their rep or hand it over to Crimson Dawn and build a reputation with them. Apparently rep will let you get access to their secret hideaways and operate with their dealers and take more missions with them.

Looks fun! And no Jedi as the main character. Woot!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium