Thread: Starfield

Default Starfield

Starfield is coming so soon and looks great

How excited are you all?

Im hyped.

Really looking forward to it now, ship creation and gameplay especially but the game itself just looks friggin huge

Fantastic Member

Looking good. All I expect is a bigger, prettier, and better Fallout 4 and that's what this looked like.

Shame it's Xbox exclusive, I definitely would've picked this up for PS5. Maybe it'll tempt me enough for PC, undecided for now.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Shame it's Xbox exclusive, I definitely would've picked this up for PS5. Maybe it'll tempt me enough for PC, undecided for now.
    Im going with PC for mod use

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I feel like the most exciting part of every Bethesda game is the mod community. I can't wait to load up Starfield and take the USS Enterprise to Tatooine so we can fight Thanos and his army of Dune sandworms.

Been crazy hyped for this game since it was announced, and while I was a little worried that this would be another AAA game that falls short, I'm pretty confident after seeing Direct. Looks like a lot of fun. Love that we can steal other people's ships! I'm gonna be a space pirate king and build a fleet!

And at the very end....was that a magic system we saw? Dude raises his hands and gravity goes nuts, throwing enemies into the walls and ceilings.....we saw some "elemental" grenades that freeze people earlier in the presentation, but there didn't seem to be a weapon of any kind involved here. Is the alien artifact the main plot seems to revolve around going to give us space powers?

Because, I gotta admit, I'm down for that. And if we get power armor like Fallout? I might not play another game for the next ten years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Same, honestly Starfield was a large reason I built my current PC, and now that's it's become known that the Xbox version will be locked at 30fps pretty happy I did

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

pleasantly surprised, if most of it isnt bethesda/todd overhype i could see it having skyrim longevity w/ mods

Well this game didnt end up the way i had hoped

I liked it.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

it was ok, some modders are opting not to fool with it but i think it'll be alright with them

underwhelming outing for bethesda though

Think underwhelming sums it up nicely. What really stands out to me is how the best features serve to highlight the worst features. The new game plus system for example is a great idea, except that it really highlights how shallow the game is on subsequent playthroughs, there’s a severe lack of factions and questlines for them(seriously how is there zero House Va’ruun content) and the factions essentially dont interact with each other in any meaningful way outside of one quest in the UC Vanguard questline and the UC vs Crimson Fleet, and there isn’t much variety in the quests themselves

Ship building system is great but ship content is limited to point to point flying with periodic space battles that are essentially identically to each other. Outpost system is really lacking imo.

Overall the game was okay but okay was not what we were expecting. Bethesda is in trouble imo Skyrim was their last no doubt really good game and we’re getting further away from it with every year
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-02-2024 at 05:34 PM.