Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Xmen unlimited 91. The END OF XMEN GREEN

It's been a journey...

Gaea overruled the xmens verdic for nature girl, ng was special and connected to Gaea since her powers developed. She was destioned to show how everything was connected but curses curse twisted that. She wants to cure her and dosent want this to end in her death.

Gaea says humans are still her children and won't condem them all for the actions of a few(also she's outlast them can recover when there gone)and nature girl is acting no different then them

Ng: but they don't feel your pain thell never understand how they hurt you.
    Gaea: you see more but not enough. This isn't the way. Your mother is here now to say blood isn't the answer.
    (Gaea is her mom; nature girl is part elder god)

Natur girl says Gaea dosent understand whay needs to be done, and rejects her
    Gaea tearfully returns her blessing and cast her daughter out.

Nature girl is in novascocha, and asked if Gaea can keep up.

On krakoan Gwen is with Jean and magik. She learned she's made from. Scott summers, Gwen Stacy, and adrana Soria (spider queen). She accepts krakoa as her home.

With nature girl. She has plant hair now.

She kills a arms dealer who had a illegal drilling operation. And gets a sandwich
    The guy at the card asked here why she's here.
    Nature girl: business. I plant to make a killing

She got away with it. And plans more murder to spite her mother

The end of xmen green.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 06-12-2023 at 08:04 AM.

I regret learning how to read. But the book really did subvert my expectations, by having an ending that wasn't a total off-the-wall mess of stupidity and chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Nature girl: business. I plant to make a killing
    Okay, that's a pretty good pun
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

Wait... so Mutant Gwen isnt any part Gwen?

That's the biggest twist of them all.

What a completely pointless journey this has been. To sum it up:

Fantastic Member

Wait, so X-Men Green concludes with Nature Girl STILL out there running free and intending to kill more people?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Wait, so X-Men Green concludes with Nature Girl STILL out there running free and intending to kill more people?
    Yeah, that's my Question too. Gaea just let her go? No punishment? Cast out......
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Wait... so Mutant Gwen isnt any part Gwen?

That's the biggest twist of them all.
    Cerebra decoded her DNA and there are three sources. Homo sapien (Gwen Stacy), homo insectus (Adriana Soria) and homo superior (Scott).
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yeah, that's my Question too. Gaea just let her go? No punishment? Cast out......
    She went soft on her daughter

Fantastic Member

It just doesn't really feel like any kind of ending. Duggan's Nature Girl arc ended with "Nature Girl is beaten, but then gets away." This arc also ends with "Nature Girl is beaten, but then gets away." Seems like the only change is that she's doubled down on violence, and rejected even the spirit of the Earth itself telling her to stop (and lost Curse). So she's still out there, a potential threat to Krakoa, even after they pulled out the big guns and sent the full X-Men team after her. Are they going to just wait for her to resurface and start killing again? Will someone be sent to try to track her down, yet again? Is Nature Girl just gonna lay low for awhile after going on a brutal and very public killing spree? Or will she wind up actually being part of the Fall of X, and that's why this endless story arc concluded with her getting away yet again?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What's better? The sweet release of death or the sweet release from X-Men Green?
    "Cable was right!"

So the only thing this story really accomplished was turning Nature Girl into a eco-terrorist demigoddess who can basically kill with impunity with the X-Men powerless to stop her.

Oh and I guess a version of Gwen Stacy is on Krakoa and will probably never be seen again.

Astonishing Member

This probably isn’t fair, but the hoops Duggan, Orlando & others jumped through throughout this era to redeem/ make uwu sociopaths, psychopaths, rapists and murders while doing this to Nature Girl sit uneasily with me

I guess she’s Ewing’s problem in Immortal Thor now then

BANNED

So basically the ending accomplished precisely nothing after taking up the better part of nearly 100 issues?

Good GOD what a trainwreck.

Astonishing Member

This is not an ending. At this point Nature Girl is still wandering around killing people, no one apparently cares, no one thinks they can just kill her and use an earlier back-up instead, nobody thinks of anything.

In short, curse you Curse, die in a fire Cypher, be consumed by a fire Krakoa, and may this Fox News straw woman of an environmental activist calling herself nature girl get mulched in a wood chipper.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    This probably isn’t fair, but the hoops Duggan, Orlando & others jumped through throughout this era to redeem/ make uwu sociopaths, psychopaths, rapists and murders while doing this to Nature Girl sit uneasily with me

I guess she’s Ewing’s problem in Immortal Thor now then
    But see she isn’t a big-dick blue “For the greater good” hard person making hard decisions.