Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    ok here is the thing you know when some kids pretend there superman are batman. well I was l was wishy washy and I came up with the idea to add all. so I made this little fantasy were I was giving the opportunity to be reborn as some of my favorite heroes from marvel and dc like supermam, batman, aquaman green lantern (Hal, Kyle, guy and john) plus more. that's why I can't add someone like magneto because if I did I would have to get red of wonder man, ice man, captain America ans anyone else who had a relationship with scarlet witch or paloris. I want to add garth but I don't what to lose ultra boy, timber wolf and element lad.
    Um...why can't you fantasize about being Garth and then also separately fantasize about being people who happened to sleep with his sister? That's not an incest fantasy. Just don't fantasize about sleeping with Ayla at the same time as you are fantasizing about being Garth.

but what I like to know is... who was ported from the verdigo universe ?
    John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Shade the Changing Man, Madame Xanadu, Animal Man, and I'm sure some others, were integrated into the New 52 universe. It's not really that they (or the heroes from the old DC or Wildstorm universes) "ported" in; it's that they were rebooted as having been part of the DCU all along (which, of course, they were before Vertigo became its own line). The separate Vertigo Constantine continued to appear in his own Vertigo book, Hellblazer, for a while.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 09-12-2014 at 05:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Um...why can't you fantasize about being Garth and then also separately fantasize about being people who happened to sleep with his sister? That's not an incest fantasy. Just don't fantasize about sleeping with Ayla at the same time as you are fantasizing about being Garth.

John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Shade the Changing Man, Madame Xanadu, Animal Man, and I'm sure some others, were integrated into the New 52 universe. It's not really that they (or the heroes from the old DC or Wildstorm universes) "ported" in; it's that they were rebooted as having been part of the DCU all along (which, of course, they were before Vertigo became its own line). The separate Vertigo Constantine continued to appear in his own Vertigo book, Hellblazer, for a while.
    ok there is a little more to the fantasy that I left out. after my training I get the ability to shapeshift myself into any of the heroes I picked. so if I want to be say... spider-man I could are be wolverine.

by the way there is no vertigo animal man or madame xanadu I looked it up. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Vertigo_Characters

by the way there is no vertigo animal man or madame xanadu I looked it up. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Vertigo_Characters
    By the way, you do realize the dc wikia is not an official DC Comics created-and-updated website, correct?

If they had comic books that were Vertigo imprints, wouldn't that make them Vertigo characters at one point in time?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, you do realize the dc wikia is not an official DC Comics created-and-updated website, correct?

If they had comic books that were Vertigo imprints, wouldn't that make them Vertigo characters at one point in time?
    ok I found this on wiki.

Animal Man was a comic book ongoing series published by DC Comics and starring the superhero Animal Man. The series is best known for the run by writer Grant Morrison from issue #1 to #26 with penciller Chas Truog who stayed on the series until #32. Almost all of the series' writers and artists were part of the British Invasion of comics.

Animal Man was innovative in its advocacy and for its use of themes including social consciousness (with a focus on animal rights), metaphysics, deconstruction of the superhero genre and comic book form, postmodernism, eccentric plot twists, explorations of cosmic spirituality and mysticism, the determination of apparent free will by a higher power, and manipulation of reality including quantum physics, unified field theory, time travel and metafictional technique. The series is well known for its frequently psychedelic and "off the wall" content.

A majority of the series' cover art was done by Brian Bolland, often portraying intentionally unusual or shocking imagery with no text blurbs.

Grant Morrison would return to the character Animal Man in 52.

Vertigo (1993-1995)

After Jamie Delano's first six issues, wherein, among other things, he killed off the central character of Buddy Baker, created the "Red" and resurrected Buddy as an "animal avatar" (analogous to the "Green" of Swamp Thing), the series became one of the charter titles of DC's new mature readers Vertigo imprint with #57, and its ties to the DC Universe became more tenuous. Vertigo was establishing itself as a distinct "mini-universe" with its own continuity, only occasionally interacting with the continuity of the regular DC Universe. The title evolved into a more horror-themed book, with Buddy eventually becoming a non-human animal god. The super-hero elements of the book were largely removed — since Buddy was reborn as a kind of animal elemental, and legally-deceased, he discarded his costume, stopped associating with other heroes, and generally abandoned his crime-fighting role. He co-founded the Life Power Church of Maxine to further an environmentalist message, drifting along U.S. Route 66 to settle in Montana. Delano's final issue was #79, culminating in Buddy dying several more times.

Between issues #66 and #67, Delano also penned the Animal Man Annual #1, focusing on Buddy's daughter Maxine. It was the third part of Vertigo's attempt to create a crossover event titled "The Children's Crusade". This event ran across the Annuals of the five then-Vertigo titles – Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Black Orchid, The Books of Magic and Doom Patrol – book-ended by two Children's Crusade issues co-written by Neil Gaiman, and starring his Dead Boy Detectives.

A brief run by Jerry Prosser and Fred Harper (#80-89) featured a re-reborn Buddy as a white-haired shamanistic figure before the series was canceled after the 89th issue due to declining sales.

Return to DC (2011-2014)

The character returned to a new ongoing series at DC Comics as part of The New 52, following the Flashpoint storyline, with the initial creative team being writer Jeff Lemire and artists Travel Foreman and Dan Green. The series follows Buddy and his family as his daughter begins to display her powers of necromancy based animal control. Buddy is then forced to go on a journey to discover the source of this power along with his own and finds out the source of the power is a life force known as The Red, the animal counterpart to the Green from Swamp Thing. And much like the Green there have been multiple creatures chosen to represent the Red over the years, a few became evil and became what is known as the Rot. This has led into a crossover between Swamp Thing, and Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E., titled "Rotworld".

so you see he was a dc character first then vertigo imporoted him in there comics. so I think that the one in the new 52 is a re-boot of the original not the vertigo.

BANNED

ok from all the feedback most people are confused about my question ? ok ill try to re-word it.

I have a little fantasy that I die and get to be reborn as some of my favorite heroes from marvel and dc. like superman, batman, aquaman and others. but there are some I want to add but because of problems I can't. like I what to add Lightning Lad but if I did Lightning Lass would be my sister and I already have Ultra Boy, Sun Boy, Timber Wolf and Element Lad so if I did add garth then that means I would have dated my sister. that's why I can't add Magneto or Quicksilver because I have Captain America (steve rogers) and he dated Scarlet Witch. you now see my problem.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

I'm still confused about what exactly the OP's dilemma is here.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

ok here is the thing you know when some kids pretend there superman are batman.
    Where in the world would Superman be Batman?

Astonishing Member

so you see he was a dc character first then vertigo imporoted him in there comics.
    Yeah--that's why I said "they were rebooted as having been part of the DCU all along (which, of course, they were before Vertigo became its own line)." (Emphasis added.)

so I think that the one in the new 52 is a re-boot of the original not the vertigo.
    Same thing, as far as I'm concerned. The point is that beginning in the nineties some characters were separated from the DCU and placed (at least mainly) in the Vertigo imprint, but more recently the New 52 reintegrated them into the world of the mainstream DC heroes.

I have a little fantasy that I die and get to be reborn as some of my favorite heroes from marvel and dc. like superman, batman, aquaman and others. but there are some I want to add but because of problems I can't. like I what to add Lightning Lad but if I did Lightning Lass would be my sister and I already have Ultra Boy, Sun Boy, Timber Wolf and Element Lad so if I did add garth then that means I would have dated my sister. that's why I can't add Magneto or Quicksilver because I have Captain America (steve rogers) and he dated Scarlet Witch. you now see my problem.
    It's your imagination, your game; you make the rules. Why not just decide that in your own imaginary world, Lightning Lass never dated any of those guys?
    Last edited by Silvanus; 09-17-2014 at 03:07 AM.

BANNED

Hasn't she suffered enough?

BANNED

ok there is a little more to the fantasy that I left out. after my training I get the ability to shapeshift myself into any of the heroes I picked. so if I want to be say... spider-man I could are be wolverine.
    So you would trick Ayla into sleeping with you by pretending to be somebody she cares about?

Isn't that a tad sick?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Where in the world would Superman be Batman?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Speeding_Bullets
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    So you would trick Ayla into sleeping with you by pretending to be somebody she cares about?

Isn't that a tad sick?
    Well, as long as she's not sleeping with her brother . . . but, since she was once pretending to be her brother when he was dead . . . and did she maybe sleep with Saturn Girl when she was pretending to be her brother, and Saturn Girl didn't say anything about the fact that he has she-parts? (Then again, Saturn Girl may have been technically sleeping with Proty, sooooooooo . . . )
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 09-17-2014 at 01:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, as long as she's not sleeping with her brother . . . but, since she was once pretending to be her brother when he was dead . . . and did she maybe sleep with Saturn Girl when she was pretending to be her brother, and Saturn Girl didn't say anything about the fact that he has she-parts? (Then again, Saturn Girl may have been technically sleeping with Proty, sooooooooo . . . )
    ok let me add more I forgot last time... sorry. before i'm reborn as the heroes I pick Gabrielle tells me that i'm chosen to be the newest hunter but I need training to fight. so she uses a item called a prism beam to divide my mind, body and soul into many parts each part is made into that hero. after I got the experience I need all the parts are brought back together and I get the ability to make myself into any of the heroes I picked. I also retain all the memories I got.