Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    ok this is very interesting. but from what I read on comic vine it said...

He was one of the first Legionnaires to be killed when he sacrificed his life to save Saturn Girl, taking a blast from Zaryan the Conqueror's ship. He was resurrected by Proty, the shape shifting pet of Chameleon Boy, who sacrificed his life to revive Garth in a lightning ceremony. Later, Garth lost his right arm to a giant space whale, and had to get a cybernetic replacement. Years later, his parents were killed in a space cruiser accident. His years on the Legion weren't all bad. He formed close friendships with Cosmic Boy and Sun Boy and he and Saturn Girl became one of the Legion's earliest couples following his resurrection. His sister joined the Legion as well. Though Garth lost his arm, it was eventually restored. After several years of dating, Lightning Lad proposed to Saturn Girl and she accepted.

oh and if he was resurrected buy proty then how come he still has lightning powers ? plus what issue is this from ?

bonus question: why is beast boy green now ? I thought beast boy was red in the new 52 but in the last couple of issues of teen titans beast boy was green ?
    Y'know, instead of just reading comic vine and dc wiki entries, you really need to read some older, pre-New 52 stories. (Besides, is the comic vine entry the "Official DC-Approved Definitive Source"?)

As for Beast Boy, . . .

Astonishing Member

ok this is very interesting. but from what I read on comic vine it said...

He was one of the first Legionnaires to be killed when he sacrificed his life to save Saturn Girl, taking a blast from Zaryan the Conqueror's ship. He was resurrected by Proty, the shape shifting pet of Chameleon Boy, who sacrificed his life to revive Garth in a lightning ceremony. Later, Garth lost his right arm to a giant space whale, and had to get a cybernetic replacement. Years later, his parents were killed in a space cruiser accident. His years on the Legion weren't all bad. He formed close friendships with Cosmic Boy and Sun Boy and he and Saturn Girl became one of the Legion's earliest couples following his resurrection. His sister joined the Legion as well. Though Garth lost his arm, it was eventually restored. After several years of dating, Lightning Lad proposed to Saturn Girl and she accepted.

oh and if he was resurrected buy proty then how come he still has lightning powers ? plus what issue is this from ?
    I'm not 100% sure of the issue- I think it was one of the annuals from the 5-Years-Later Legion.

The deal here is that the story where Proty sacrificed his life involved a-life-for-a-life trade where the device that resurrected Lightning Lad required someone else to die in order to work. The Legion basically planned to play Russian Roulette with several members trying to attract the lightning bolt. The one who got hit by the bolt would die and Garth would be brought back to life. Saturn Girl had rigged the contest planning to trade her life for Garth's. Proty found out and because he was in love with Saturn Girl he took her place. As far as we were told at the time Proty died and garth came back.

A few fans came up with a theory based in part of Lightning Lad being more level headed after this story. They decided that the device didn't really restore people from the dead, instead it actually took the life force/soul/personality from the person sacrificing themselves and put it in the body of the person being revived. Two of these fans joined Keith Giffen writing the 5-Years-Later Legion series and made their theory real. Both of the people revived using that device (Garth and Mon-El) were revealed to have different "souls" inhabiting the bodies now.

This particular history is in question. It technically followed from the original Legion after Crisis, but when they brought the "original Legion" back a few years ago the story picked up BEFORE the events where Garth was outed as Proty. And nothing in that run alluded to Garth being anyone but the original Garth who was in the Superboy story where the Legion first showed up. So whether or not Lightning Lad was replaced is something each reader gets to decide.

And since your version is one-step removed from DC continuity, kid_omega, you can ignore the whole Proty thing if you want or use it to allow the Garth in your head NOT to see Ayla as his sister (Hey Proty might not care who she slept with as long as it wasn't Imra)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Y'know, instead of just reading comic vine and dc wiki entries, you really need to read some older, pre-New 52 stories. (Besides, is the comic vine entry the "Official DC-Approved Definitive Source"?)

As for Beast Boy, . . .
    I can't find this site.

I can't find this site.
    What site?

Spectacular Member

He wasn't telling you a site, he was telling you to research by reading the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Ninja Viking View Post
    He wasn't telling you a site, he was telling you to research by reading the comics.
    I see. well that will be very diffacult sense I don't have a place to buy comics.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

I see. well that will be very diffacult sense I don't have a place to buy comics.
    You're posting on here, so you have the internet. Lots of places to buy comics on the internet. Amazon, eBay, mycomicshop, milehighcomics...

BANNED

well I fixed the hole garth problem all I have to do is get rid of timber wolf and I can add garth without giving up sun boy, karate kid, ultra boy and element lad. but now I have a new problem... I know this is more of a marvel topic but I thought it would be better here. I was thinking of adding Cannonball to my list but if I do I will have to get rid of angel. its there a way I could keep both ? I found a loop hole with captain Britain and psylocke but I real need help or at least some advise ?

... I know this is more of a marvel topic but I thought it would be better here.
    But, why not ask about Marvel characters over on the Marvel side of the Forum?

Invincible Member

I'm not sure I understand why you can't just keep all the heroes you like for your game?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why you can't just keep all the heroes you like for your game?
    You don't know the full story behind this, do you?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You don't know the full story behind this, do you?
    I went back and read the previous pages and I know he wants to be able to shape shift into different heroes, but wants to avoid improper "relationships". But if he shifts he's a different person each time he can't be two at the same time unless it's just about having all the powers at once. And even then he's only person at that time (like Amazo). He can be Superman at one time and Supergirl at another. There's nothing incestous going on unless there's another person playing and they decide to hook up in that way...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I went back and read the previous pages and I know he wants to be able to shape shift into different heroes, but wants to avoid improper "relationships". But if he shifts he's a different person each time he can't be two at the same time unless it's just about having all the powers at once. And even then he's only person at that time (like Amazo). He can be Superman at one time and Supergirl at another. There's nothing incestous going on unless there's another person playing and they decide to hook up in that way...
    well kind of. I get the power to shift into the heroes I added to my list male heroes only. superman, batman, aquaman, wolverine, Cyclops, spider-man, thor, Hercules marvel not dc the dc herc is a dutche and many others. right now I have angel but I like to add cannonball but sense angel was in a relationship with husk I can't do that unless I can prove that sam and page are no longer biologically related like captain Britain and psylocke. but I kind of don't see that.

Invincible Member

well kind of. I get the power to shift into the heroes I added to my list male heroes only. superman, batman, aquaman, wolverine, Cyclops, spider-man, thor, Hercules marvel not dc the dc herc is a dutche and many others. right now I have angel but I like to add cannonball but sense angel was in a relationship with husk I can't do that unless I can prove that sam and page are no longer biologically related like captain Britain and psylocke. but I kind of don't see that.
    That's my question...why would it matter? When you are being cannonball, you're not pretending to be in love with Husk, right? So add Sam to your list.

You know, I...uh...what?