Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Default What does Ultimate Invasion mean for Uncle Aaron and 616 Miles Morales?

As we all know, Ultimate Invasion is an upcoming event that will feature the Maker rewriting the Ultimate Universe to turn it into something new and fresh that will eventually become the return of the Ultimate line. However, before this happens, I’m curious if we’re gonna find out the current status of the original Ultimate Universe before Maker remakes it, and will Miles be able to pull Uncle Aaron back out ever since he was stranded there? I feel like if the Maker rewrites it, Aaron is gonna be erased, along with 616 Miles/Ultimatum who is also trapped there. I also hope we get closure on the status of the Ultimate universe that we’ve been shown in glimpses, where it seemed to be prospering with Peter returning as Spidey at the end of Spider-Men 2, seeing that something cataclysmic happened sometime after shown during Cates’ Venom run, and the fact that some of the original Ultimates were resurrected during Ultimates 2(the 616 version), where we don’t know if those remaining originals stranded in space were able to return home. I’m super excited for this event and finally getting answers to our questions about the Ultimate U.

(I’m also remembering a continuity issue where Ultimate Cap was killed in Ultimates 2 even though he shows up at the end of Spider-Men 2, so maybe either those resurrected during that arc or the entire resurrected Ultimate U shown at the end of Spider-Men 2 is a duplicate.)

Fantastic Member

Question, been out the loop since i dont usually read previews for solicits: Has it been confirmed 100% the Ultimate U will return with ongoing comics/dedicated stories exclusive to it? Or is it speculated?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I would imagine this is Hickman giving the entire universe a clean slate, so he isn't going to be worried about 616 Miles, Aaron or anything that came before. It's likely going to be like the recent revamps for 2099 (or maybe DC's New 52). Having a nebulous previous continuity but otherwise everything is fresh going forward.

I am wondering how this will effect current Miles, who was transferred to 616 after Secret Wars. I bet Hickman (who wrote SW) will have something in mind for that.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    As we all know, Ultimate Invasion is an upcoming event that will feature the Maker rewriting the Ultimate Universe to turn it into something new and fresh that will eventually become the return of the Ultimate line. However, before this happens, I’m curious if we’re gonna find out the current status of the original Ultimate Universe before Maker remakes it, and will Miles be able to pull Uncle Aaron back out ever since he was stranded there? I feel like if the Maker rewrites it, Aaron is gonna be erased, along with 616 Miles/Ultimatum who is also trapped there. I also hope we get closure on the status of the Ultimate universe that we’ve been shown in glimpses, where it seemed to be prospering with Peter returning as Spidey at the end of Spider-Men 2, seeing that something cataclysmic happened sometime after shown during Cates’ Venom run, and the fact that some of the original Ultimates were resurrected during Ultimates 2(the 616 version), where we don’t know if those remaining originals stranded in space were able to return home. I’m super excited for this event and finally getting answers to our questions about the Ultimate U.

(I’m also remembering a continuity issue where Ultimate Cap was killed in Ultimates 2 even though he shows up at the end of Spider-Men 2, so maybe either those resurrected during that arc or the entire resurrected Ultimate U shown at the end of Spider-Men 2 is a duplicate.)
    Based on this, I’m guessing that you haven’t been keeping up with Miles’ book because around the time of Spider-Man Beyond Miles and Shift went into the multiverse and by the end of that, both encountered Ultimatum just prior to entering a universe where Selim had killed Miles and took over Brooklyn. It was revealed that Uncle Aaron had ended up captured there, being used to power a shield that cut off Brooklyn from the rest of the world. By the end of that story, they saved Aaron and brought him back to 616.

Extraordinary Member

What about Ganke and Bombshell?

Incredible Member

I haven't read Miles since Secret Wars; waiting for the Ahmed omni. But, what's Miles' recollection of the UU? Does he know he was once in a different universe and his mom had died?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Based on this, I’m guessing that you haven’t been keeping up with Miles’ book because around the time of Spider-Man Beyond Miles and Shift went into the multiverse and by the end of that, both encountered Ultimatum just prior to entering a universe where Selim had killed Miles and took over Brooklyn. It was revealed that Uncle Aaron had ended up captured there, being used to power a shield that cut off Brooklyn from the rest of the world. By the end of that story, they saved Aaron and brought him back to 616.
    Thank you I actually never finished that run so I wasn’t aware, I guess both of them have been pulled out of any ultimate u related universe so that they won’t be affected by this upcoming event, thanks for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I haven't read Miles since Secret Wars; waiting for the Ahmed omni. But, what's Miles' recollection of the UU? Does he know he was once in a different universe and his mom had died?
    His memory had been coming and going for a while ever since he was reborn, at this point it is insinuated that he remembers both of his lives completely, ever since Ultimatum came back. You can see evidence of this when shortly after in Asm during Spencer’s run, he straight up tells Peter he doesn’t want him to end up dead like his original Pete, showing an entire flashback panel of Ultimate Peter’s death and everything. Before this it was inconsistent, sometimes he’d remember a little but not specifics, like when Cates’ Venom run he was scared of Eddie for killing his mom but was confused because it wasn’t Eddie and his mom is alive. And other times he would remember everything like in Spider-Men 2. It was kept pretty ambiguous for a while but it seems like he now permanently remembers both of his lives, wish they would address it more it’s a really interesting part of his character. (It also was referenced in the recent End of the Spider-Verse.)

Incredible Member

I’m hoping that when the Maker does his recreation of the Ultimate line, we do get a new Ultimate Miles that is more inline with his animated movie version in appearance and style and costume. If they want to contribute on with the version who lost his mother; then that means we Miles fans will have a version of Miles, one who only has a father (original Ultimate), one only has a mother (Sony game), and the ongoing 616 where he has both parents. We get to see different versions of how this character copes with different trials of life and threats.

We have multiple Peters, why not Miles?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’m hoping that when the Maker does his recreation of the Ultimate line, we do get a new Ultimate Miles that is more inline with his animated movie version in appearance and style and costume. If they want to contribute on with the version who lost his mother; then that means we Miles fans will have a version of Miles, one who only has a father (original Ultimate), one only has a mother (Sony game), and the ongoing 616 where he has both parents. We get to see different versions of how this character copes with different trials of life and threats.

We have multiple Peters, why not Miles?

Well there was ultimatum who is 616 miles but he hasn’t been used since

Galaxy-Brain idea: what if Miles tangling with 616 Scorpion, Carnage and Hobgoblin is just the writer spinning wheels to do a big "Miles back in the all-new 1610" Year 2 story?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I posted this over in the Miles thread so I figured it's worth crossposting here. Ultimate Invasion #1 came out and this isn't really a spoiler since they already blatantly alluded to this; the old Ultimate Universe is not back. Maker instead goes to a new earth: Earth 6160. How does this relate to Spider-Man?

spoilers:
    Maker essentially wants to shape a universe in his own image and his first action is preventing the Spider from ever biting Peter Parker. This universe seemingly mirrors the original 616 origin, only in this case Liz Allan actually took Peter up on his offer to go to the Science Demonstration.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I posted this over in the Miles thread so I figured it's worth crossposting here. Ultimate Invasion #1 came out and this isn't really a spoiler since they already blatantly alluded to this; the old Ultimate Universe is not back. Maker instead goes to a new earth: Earth 6160.
    I can't believe how badly Marvel managed to miss the open goal of bringing The Marker to 616. Like, you have a ready-made, universe threatening ultra-bad right there and instead he... just kinda hung around a bit.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    His memory had been coming and going for a while ever since he was reborn, at this point it is insinuated that he remembers both of his lives completely, ever since Ultimatum came back. You can see evidence of this when shortly after in Asm during Spencer’s run, he straight up tells Peter he doesn’t want him to end up dead like his original Pete, showing an entire flashback panel of Ultimate Peter’s death and everything. Before this it was inconsistent, sometimes he’d remember a little but not specifics, like when Cates’ Venom run he was scared of Eddie for killing his mom but was confused because it wasn’t Eddie and his mom is alive. And other times he would remember everything like in Spider-Men 2. It was kept pretty ambiguous for a while but it seems like he now permanently remembers both of his lives, wish they would address it more it’s a really interesting part of his character. (It also was referenced in the recent End of the Spider-Verse.)
    Thanks for explaining!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I can't believe how badly Marvel managed to miss the open goal of bringing The Marker to 616. Like, you have a ready-made, universe threatening ultra-bad right there and instead he... just kinda hung around a bit.
    Especially because, at the same time, Dr Doom was trying his best to be a good guy.

Book writes itself.