Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Default Why no new Wonder Woman movie in DCEU Reboot?

Both Superman and Batman and even Supergirl are getting movies while There is not even any talk of a new Wonder Woman movie and instead, we get talk of some Game of Thrones like Amazons tv show. The fact that James Gunn actually thinks he can make Game of Thrones type tv show with Amazons shows he has no idea about Wonder Woman mythology or ideals. Let's make a tv show where the women plot and backstab each other. I swear that nobody in DC has given a second thought to how sexist and stereotypical such a series will be

Shouldn't Wonder Woman movie get priority over Supergirl movie especially when there is Superman movie too?

The fact that we live in the era of Strong girl power and somehow DC continues to ignore or mistreat Wonder Woman without any backlash always puzzles me. We should be getting a Wonder Woman movie every 3 years like Batman and Spiderman get?
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 06-13-2023 at 09:17 AM.

I think they're still trying to figure out where to go with the WW franchise. Supposedly, Gadot wasn't ousted the way Cavill was, or at least James Gunn hasn't given a definitive status update.

Also, when Gunn and Safran came up with their proposal for the new DCEU, I'm guessing they didn't prioritize WW, either.

Yeah, I kind of suspect the Amazon TV show is them just recycling that talk back when the first movie came out of there being an Amazon prequel show. I don't suspect they have much thought or are prioritizing WW at the moment.

I'll believe that show is real when we start hearing news of showrunners, writers, casting. Not James Gunn liking tweets.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Both Superman and Batman and even Supergirl are getting movies while There is not even any talk of a new Wonder Woman movie and instead, we get talk of some Game of Thrones like Amazons tv show. The fact that James Gunn actually thinks he can make Game of Thrones type tv show with Amazons shows he has no idea about Wonder Woman mythology or ideals. Let's make a tv show where the women plot and backstab each other. I swear that nobody in DC has given a second thought to how sexist and stereotypical such a series will be

Shouldn't Wonder Woman movie get priority over Supergirl movie especially when there is Superman movie too?

The fact that we live in the era of Strong girl power and somehow DC continues to ignore or mistreat Wonder Woman without any backlash always puzzles me. We should be getting a Wonder Woman movie every 3 years like Batman and Spiderman get?
    Because some things will never change. WW will always be just the glorified lip service character of the DC universe. she is important and powerful, essential for the DCU but only in words, never in actual showings, stories etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think they're still trying to figure out where to go with the WW franchise. Supposedly, Gadot wasn't ousted the way Cavill was, or at least James Gunn hasn't given a definitive status update.

Also, when Gunn and Safran came up with their proposal for the new DCEU, I'm guessing they didn't prioritize WW, either.
    Nah Gadot is done. The reason they haven’t announced a new WW movie is they’re waiting for Aquaman 2 to come out so that they can reveal the DCU is doing a total reboot of the JL, and that they will be casting a new WW.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah Gadot is done. The reason they haven’t announced a new WW movie is they’re waiting for Aquaman 2 to come out so that they can reveal the DCU is doing a total reboot of the JL, and that they will be casting a new WW.
    James Gunn already announced complete reboot dooming both Shazam 2 and Aquaman 2

Gadot is going to headline a new action franchise. What happened to that live action Snow White project she was attached to for Disney?

On paper, I like the idea of doing an Amazons show first and then doing a WW movie. But like others have said, we need to hear about showrunners, casting, producing and see a trailer to believe that the project is going to happen.

Lets keep in mind that a lot of the projects that Gunn announced are repurposed ideas; the Lanterns show and the Amazons show were talked about his before his promotion, even rumors about Booster Gold project floated around for a long time and he also said Superman: Legacy was offered to him when he first joined WB/DC but he turned it down in favor of working on 'The Suicide Squad'. The Brave and the Bold is the only ones sounds like a Gunn movie. The Authority being adapted sounds like a Jim Lee move that also happened to line up with Gunn's sensibilities as a writer/director. Swamp Thing had a show that got good reviews but got cancelled for stupid reasons so I can see Gunn reviving it.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

James Gunn already announced complete reboot dooming both Shazam 2 and Aquaman 2
    Has he officially tweeted it?

Even if he hasn't, it's obvious to everyone that Superman: Legacy will be the official start of the new DCEU. They are just playing coy because they don't want to say anything that will affect the box office income of the remaining Snyder era DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Has he officially tweeted it?

Even if he hasn't, it's obvious to everyone that Superman: Legacy will be the official start of the new DCEU. They are just playing coy because they don't want to say anything that will affect the box office income of the remaining Snyder era DCEU.
    He literally made a big announcement video like Kevin Feige does 4 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Gadot is going to headline a new action franchise. What happened to that live action Snow White project she was attached to for Disney?

On paper, I like the idea of doing an Amazons show first and then doing a WW movie. But like others have said, we need to hear about showrunners, casting, producing and see a trailer to believe that the project is going to happen.

Lets keep in mind that a lot of the projects that Gunn announced are repurposed ideas; the Lanterns show and the Amazons show were talked about his before his promotion, even rumors about Booster Gold project floated around for a long time and he also said Superman: Legacy was offered to him when he first joined WB/DC but he turned it down in favor of working on 'The Suicide Squad'. The Brave and the Bold is the only ones sounds like a Gunn movie. The Authority being adapted sounds like a Jim Lee move that also happened to line up with Gunn's sensibilities as a writer/director. Swamp Thing had a show that got good reviews but got cancelled for stupid reasons so I can see Gunn reviving it.
    I do agree about Amazons not being James Gunn thing. He just mentions the show and just quickly moves on to other projects which he passionately goes into detail unlike The Amazons. Not good, if the CEO dont care one bit about Wonder Woman

He literally made a big announcement video like Kevin Feige does 4 months ago
    I know. I saw that. But he never said the other movies Snyder era movies are non canon. Just that Flash will be a reset. We all know it's going to be a hardboot following Superman: Legacy I was just wondering if Gunn has ever outright admitted it.

I do agree about Amazons not being James Gunn thing. He just mentions the show and just quickly moves on to other projects which he passionately goes into detail unlike The Amazons. Not good, if the CEO dont care one bit about Wonder Woman
    That's been the norm for almost the characters entire existence.

Hopefully Gunn at least has enough sense to put people who actually understand Wonder Woman on her shows/movies. By which I mean no Geoff Johns

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Hopefully Gunn at least has enough sense to put people who actually understand Wonder Woman on her shows/movies. By which I mean no Geoff Johns
    If Johns scripted a new Wonder Woman movie, I’m sure Grail would be the villain.
    Dammit, I hoped Gadot WW would have gotten a trilogy with Circe being the villain and taking place in the present.

The only smidgen of reassurance is that Gunn is friends with Kelly Sue DeConnick.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If Johns scripted a new Wonder Woman movie, I’m sure Grail would be the villain.
    Dammit, I hoped Gadot WW would have gotten a trilogy with Circe being the villain and taking place in the present.
    They are still doing movies that's set outside the main continuity like Joker and the Matt Reeves Batman stuff. We should get a WW 3 to wrap up Gadot's time (even though I'm not a fan of her WW movies).