Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Aren't they doing the movies in waves like the MCU? Maybe there's one in the future waves.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Aren't they doing the movies in waves like the MCU? Maybe there's one in the future waves.
    I'm sure she's in a "wave" but imo, she should be in first with a plan to come our within the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm sure she's in a "wave" but imo, she should be in first with a plan to come our within the next 3 years.
    You not a fan of Creature Commandos?
    "Cable was right!"

You not a fan of Creature Commandos?
    Don't remind me lol.

Maybe I am crazy, but the logical thing to do if you are going to build a brand new cinematic universe based on DC Comics is start with the three pillars of said universe: Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman. Why not make a brand new solo film for each of your three biggest icons? Yes, I am happy that they announced a prequel TV series, but it just feels off that Bruce and Clark get new big screen solo adventures, and Diana gets...a TV show in which she most likely won't even appear because it's set in a time before Diana was even born (??) And to make things even weirder, the first major female solo film announced from the new DC movie universe is...Superman's cousin? Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Maybe I am crazy, but the logical thing to do if you are going to build a brand new cinematic universe based on DC Comics is start with the three pillars of said universe: Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman. Why not make a brand new solo film for each of your three biggest icons? Yes, I am happy that they announced a prequel TV series, but it just feels off that Bruce and Clark get new big screen solo adventures, and Diana gets...a TV show in which she most likely won't even appear because it's set in a time before Diana was even born (??) And to make things even weirder, the first major female solo film announced from the new DC movie universe is...Superman's cousin? Meh.
    Because they feel like WW has had her day in the spotlight after 2 films and can now take the next 5-10 years off. While Bats/Supes continue to stay adapted.

You could argue that it was just a matter of time before Wonder Woman got her show that didn't star her. Superman and Batman both had such shows.

But yeah, just announce your WW plans please.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    You could argue that it was just a matter of time before Wonder Woman got her show that didn't star her. Superman and Batman both had such shows.

But yeah, just announce your WW plans please.
    If anything, this shows that WB has more faith in the Wonder Woman brand than ever before.

We haven't had a tv series focusing on the world of Wonder Woman since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If anything, this shows that WB has more faith in the Wonder Woman brand than ever before.

We haven't had a tv series focusing on the world of Wonder Woman since 1979.
    Although I still believe a new solo WW film should've been announced alongside Superman Legacy and The Brave and the Bold, I certainly agree with this. It has been said before and it will be said again: Diana needs to be approached by DC/WBD from multiple angles and in different media in a major way (just like Clark and Bruce): give us a solo film, the Paradise Lost live-action series, an animated TV show, the video game, multiple monthlies (Wonder Woman, Sensation Comics, Wonder Girl, a Cheetah limited comic book series, et al). Plus make a concerted effort to revive/preserve Superhero Girls and rerun any old cartoon that featured Diana. And last but not least, take a page out of the MCU and SERIOUSLY bombard the shelves of every Wal-Mart, DOllar Store, 7-11, Five Below, Marshalls, and Target with Wonder Woman merchandise. I still see all kinds of ancillary merchandise for Black Panther, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, and Thor everywhere I go. DC also does this for Batman and Superman. No expense should be spared by DC for their most iconic superheroine. Period.

I'm guessing the reasoning is that Wonder Woman recently had a solo film. Whereas Superman technically hasn't had a solo film since Man of Steel.

Batman is.....Batman. Personally I think they should have just made a Nightwing or a Robin movie.

I think with Diana, it makes sense to start off with a prequel show to establish the Amazons instead of relegating them to a short flashback.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm guessing the reasoning is that Wonder Woman recently had a solo film. Whereas Superman technically hasn't had a solo film since Man of Steel.

Batman is.....Batman. Personally I think they should have just made a Nightwing or a Robin movie.

I think with Diana, it makes sense to start off with a prequel show to establish the Amazons instead of relegating them to a short flashback.
    I agree with this.

Gadot casts a pretty big shadow when it comes to Diana in live action. Makes sense they'd want a little more time and distance between her and the next actress to carry the role. Plus, the show allows a lot of set-up that'll enrich Diana's story when she does appear. I don't mind waiting a little while for the next film if it means Diana has a bigger, stronger, more developed mythos around her. As long as we don't have to wait 'to' long for it!

And in the meantime, she does have a video game on the way as well.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That feels weird since they had Robert Pattinson play Batman when Ben Affleck was still sitting the Bat-seat.
    "Cable was right!"

That feels weird since they had Robert Pattinson play Batman when Ben Affleck was still sitting the Bat-seat.
    Yeah, I've never prescribed to the "we have to have adequate distance between Gal and a reboot" theory.

Love Gal. Enjoyed her as WW. But i don't need 10 years between WW84 and reboot. We should have a new film by 2025, 2026 latest imo.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah, I've never prescribed to the "we have to have adequate distance between Gal and a reboot" theory.

Love Gal. Enjoyed her as WW. But i don't need 10 years between WW84 and reboot. We should have a new film by 2025, 2026 latest imo.
    I agree. I actually think that's the oddest logic I've ever heard. Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is so popular that we have to erase her from the public's memory. That's just insane, especially since we're allegedly about to get Brave and the Bold Batman.

Saying there shouldn't be a WW film up for development because of Gadot is as nonsense a "justification" the bad faith actors were putting out for why there shouldn't be a WW animated show because of Super Hero Girls