Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not from the past...but going forward I would be fine. Leave Harry dead and Norman 'sinless' and bring back another <cough>Bart Hamilton<cough> as the the Green Goblin.
    They did that in clone conspiracy and dropped him

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Oh hell yeah. His time has come and gone.
    You could say the same with ock

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Green Goblin is the greatest Spider-Man villain of all time.

He should have stayed dead.

I even like some of the stories post clone saga with nuNorman, but I don't need him. It's ok for a villain's arc to just be done. They all suffer from villain decay. So the serious ones have a shelf life. If Norman goes away, while I hope it'll be a good going away, I'm totally fine with it.
    This happens with every villain in comics bro they can undo villain decay sometimes

Astonishing Member

Why stop at Osborn? Why don’t we retire all of his classic villains? It would actually make his time as Spider-Man meaningful.

He's Spider-Man's Archenemy but I don't think he needs to be omnipresent in every run.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

MCU replaced Osborn with Stark.

Also we can't have Hobgoblin without Osborn so unfortunately Osborn has to stay.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Why stop at Osborn? Why don’t we retire all of his classic villains? It would actually make his time as Spider-Man meaningful.
    Kraven should've stayed dead and they should've just picked one of his offspring and stuck with it.
    Ditch Chameleon.
    Sandman should've stayed a hero.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

It depends on the context. They could do a series of movies or video games without Osborn. But if it's something with dozens of stories, such as a TV series, it would be strange to omit him. He wouldn't have to be in season 1, but his absence would be felt if he hasn't appeared by episode 53.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kraven should've stayed dead and they should've just picked one of his offspring and stuck with it.
    Ditch Chameleon.
    Sandman should've stayed a hero.
    Have Vulture just be the last member standing of the classic rouges outside of people like the Looter of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    MCU replaced Osborn with Stark.

Also we can't have Hobgoblin without Osborn so unfortunately Osborn has to stay.
    Spiderman the Animated Series had The Hobgoblin first and Green Goblin after. You can for sure do Hobgoblin without Green Goblin. Yes he would be linked to Osborn in some way but you wouldnt need Osborn to be the big bad or Green Goblin to get Hobby.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Spiderman the Animated Series had The Hobgoblin first and Green Goblin after. You can for sure do Hobgoblin without Green Goblin. Yes he would be linked to Osborn in some way but you wouldnt need Osborn to be the big bad or Green Goblin to get Hobby.
    Nah not worth the effort besides we had more than enough of doc ock in the past years and kingpin is daredevil’s archenemy. Hobgoblin became less notable now after the 90’s,and then there are the inheritors yeah.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 06-14-2023 at 02:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Nah not worth the effort besides we had more than enough of doc ock in the past years and kingpin is daredevil’s archenemy. Hobgoblin became less notable now after the 90’s,and then there are the inheritors yeah.
    I think that it’s toxic to be so beholden to any one villain. Especially since Osborn isn’t actually that important. He might’ve killed Gwen but that didn’t really change the landscape of the comics. It just made Peter sad for a period time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think that it’s toxic to be so beholden to any one villain. Especially since Osborn isn’t actually that important. He might’ve killed Gwen but that didn’t really change the landscape of the comics. It just made Peter sad for a period time.
    Then Norman came back in the90’s and gives Peter some more grief.
    Like writers has brought back many villains in the past and used them most of the time they become more important in most runs.

Besides new comic book villains don’t always catch on.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

No, the character has too much history. It would be like getting rid of Lex Luthor for Superman. Sure there are others, but only one (maybe Otto too) gets under Spidey's skin as Norman does. That said, as others have noted, he has gotten a lot of exposure over the years to the point where you almost roll your eyes every time he shows up. I think the current incarnation of "sinless" Norman has some legs to it. It harkens back to Spidey's early years, when Norman and the Goblin were more of a dichotomy.

I'd like to see this take on Norman last a while, and have the Goblin as a separate entity who vexes Peter and Norman and leaving you wondering who and how they'll come back again.

Incredible Member

I would like to see this version of Norman stick around for a while . But at the same time we could have him struggle to stay on the good side.
    Norman is to Peter what Luthor is to Superman IMO .
    But it would be cool to see another Green Goblin to show up and even Norman not know how to stop him, or Spider-Man .