Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Osborns have some of best arcs in Spider-Man comics he’s way to popular .

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    The Osborns have some of best arcs in Spider-Man comics he’s way to popular .
    Yeah, but moderation is important. can't over-use him. ;p

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, but moderation is important. can't over-use him. ;p
    you can say the same about almost every villain in comics

Incredible Member

I remember, thinking in the late 90’s, early 2000’s, especially right after the Clone Saga, I’d wish they would shelve Norman for a while. He was in every Spidy book. It was like, Joker levels of annoying to me, lol. I was like, Marvel, he has other villains you know? Lol.

Now I feel that way these days about Dr. Ock.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I remember, thinking in the late 90’s, early 2000’s, especially right after the Clone Saga, I’d wish they would shelve Norman for a while. He was in every Spidy book. It was like, Joker levels of annoying to me, lol. I was like, Marvel, he has other villains you know? Lol.

Now I feel that way these days about Dr. Ock.
    Yep ock was used and carnage was used more frequent these days with all spider-man be over used

Astonishing Member

I'm not against it, but I do think it's harder to do Spider-Man without Norman. I'm really big on archenemies. I think their strength is that they challenge the hero in every conceivable way - strength, smarts, values, life decisions etc. - and therefore reveal more about the hero and make him more interesting. Even if all these archenemies are sometimes overused, I think removing them would probably be a bit worse. I'm not against an AU trying it. But it's one of those things that stuck around because it works.

So long as we keep Harry, sure

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    So long as we keep Harry, sure
    I miss that character the way he was written in Spectacular spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I mean, he had been gone from the book for over 20 years before that. Once the decision was made to bring him back, of course they were going to use the hell out of him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I'm not against it, but I do think it's harder to do Spider-Man without Norman. I'm really big on archenemies. I think their strength is that they challenge the hero in every conceivable way - strength, smarts, values, life decisions etc. - and therefore reveal more about the hero and make him more interesting. Even if all these archenemies are sometimes overused, I think removing them would probably be a bit worse. I'm not against an AU trying it. But it's one of those things that stuck around because it works.
    I honestly think they’re overrated (archenemies in general). They’re cool at first but they quickly overstay their welcome with how pathetic their obsessions are.

Not to mention they make the hero look useless because they’re never allowed to be defeated for good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    I miss that character the way he was written in Spectacular spider-Man
    You mean the nutjob? I miss his BND characterization. It felt like actual progress.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You mean the nutjob? I miss his BND characterization. It felt like actual progress.
    Then they killed him off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Then they killed him off.
    We talking about Spectacular or Spencer?

Mighty Member

We talking about Spectacular or Spencer?
    The comic version of harry or rather the clone.

Mighty Member

I honestly think they’re overrated (archenemies in general). They’re cool at first but they quickly overstay their welcome with how pathetic their obsessions are.

Not to mention they make the hero look useless because they’re never allowed to be defeated for good.
    every villain is almost called overrated in comics that is like saying any rogues galleries are overrated and underrated like people called heroes and villains overrated yet still got love.
    I think the trope your refering to is joker immunity.