Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Heres hoping this is just a badly copied dark beast. It could be another play on the forgotten resurecction rule of no alternate versions. Maybe the copies in Cerebra get corrupt for people that have two existing where only 1 should. Taking the scans of Dark Beast and regular Beast and mixing them into one WrongBeast (Play on the name WrongSlide and his copies getting mixed). Would make sense why it didnt happen to Talon and Wolverine. When Wolverine was brought back she was the only copy in Cerebra. The Talon version already exsisting but in a different "world" so corruption never happened.
    That would be a good explanation, but from Hank and Logan's conversation from this issue, Hank heavily implies he was driven insane by constant traumas and stresses, and that maybe he was always a monster, just waiting for an excuse to come out. And also, Hank didn't get resurrected by Cerebra until well into X-Force's run(I can't remember the issue # where it happened). Unless something happened very early in X-Force's run that they could retcon in.

I still think it's a combination of The Chronicler still controlling him and maybe something else like Sublime possessing him.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Maybe they could say it has something to do with what happened back in all-new x-men when he got his new form after he was dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Maybe they could say it has something to do with what happened back in all-new x-men when he got his new form after he was dying.
    I've thought of that. He was holding Psylocke as she died and she was currently imprisoning the Shadow King in her mind. He was able to escape her mind when she died and could have tainted Hank. But that was so long ago and Beast doesn't have telepathic powers like the Shadow King prefers in his hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Hmm...Beast, Moira, Nature Girl, who else has been character assassinated during this era?

That whole sequence was extremely repulsive. And the fact he has his Avengers' era hair just rubs salt in the wound.
    abigail brand of course the ex girlfriend of beast who is the first to have been transformed into a manipulative and murderous traitor with a twirling mustache for no reason except for shock value and all for it to be useless and have no the slightest impact on the history of x-men red and the krakoa era.
    A simply useless assassination like all the other character assassination during this era and beast takes the same path.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I've thought of that. He was holding Psylocke as she died and she was currently imprisoning the Shadow King in her mind. He was able to escape her mind when she died and could have tainted Hank. But that was so long ago and Beast doesn't have telepathic powers like the Shadow King prefers in his hosts.
    No, I meant the time in Bendis’s run. Not like being possessed but that the new mutation somehow affected his mind.

7A77A608-0846-4DE5-B317-48986B114969.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    No, I meant the time in Bendis’s run. Not like being possessed but that the new mutation somehow affected his mind.

7A77A608-0846-4DE5-B317-48986B114969.jpg
    Oops! Sorry. Yeah, that was when the decline of his character accelerated. That could be the culprit.

I love the art so much! Ryp is great!!

The book is very well written and the story is engaging, although it is taking too long. Gladly next issue is the finale. I'm excited to see the destiny of Beast.

Just forget about good Beast or you're going to annoy yourselves and everybody else for nothing. He'll come back eventually.

Wait, Logan is hunting Beast down and they just sit down and eat, and he let's Beast just go?

Because Beast would kill his friend, Agent Bannister, otherwise.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

There was way too much profanity in this book. Seemed egregious with how over used it was

Why is Logan protecting Beast? At this point it doesnt make sense that he hasnt informed the QC and/or the X-men of what Beast has been up to

He has. They didn’t care.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He has. They didn’t care.
    What? When, where? How did that go down. Its hard to imagine that this would all be ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What? When, where? How did that go down. Its hard to imagine that this would all be ignored
    Happened in X-Force , i believe they argued that with Krakoa struggling diplomatically, there are many force trying to strong arm their way into learning about their resurrection tech. With Beast out on the run and working independently in the name of Krakoa, and taking out some of their aggressors it gives them the ability to get off the hook with the UN, they can say that Beast has gone rogue and has enacted war. Beast being no longer on Krakoa and still defending it gives them the ability to keep their hands clean, and if the time comes they could liter Just throw him under the bus.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 06-14-2023 at 07:03 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

This storyline just refuses to end. It’s just so ponderously long at this point.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Happened in X-Force , i believe they argued that with Krakoa struggling diplomatically, there are many force trying to strong arm their way into learning about their resurrection tech. With Beast out on the run and working independently in the name of Krakoa, and taking out some of their aggressors it gives them the ability to get off the hook with the UN, they can say that Beast has gone rogue and has enacted war. Beast being no longer on Krakoa and still defending it gives them the ability to keep their hands clean, and if the time comes they could liter Just throw him under the bus.
    And everyone got upset when I called out this corrupt council of self-electing Oligarchs years ago.

Let’s be clear, the Quiet Council is a joke because authority figures in comics are jokes, because Hickman did not want this to last, and after he left the other writers didn’t want to make a functioning government. I’m glad Gillen is getting melodrama out of it, but the Quiet Council has turned into every negative trait about authority figures in media.

Except Storm, because if they mess with storm the collective subconscious of the fandom might make the books eat the entire X-office.

I don’t know what can be said on Beast that hasn’t been said by others. Percy really wants to do this deconstruction of the CIA, the effects on the characters be damned. It was clear where this was going from the Terra Verde/Hellfire Gala incident. The only thing is Percy really, really likes decompressed storytelling so we are only now getting the conclusion to it all. I think. Maybe.

If a few years from now we’re still in this plotline, let me know because I’ll possibly be gone by then.