Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I mostly can't with Orlando's writing, but I hope I'm able to enjoy this one. I really love Iceman and being a solo title, there are less boring quirky characters for the writer to try to develop as he usually does. I like the idea of Bobby taking the responsability in his hands, despite what everyone might be doing after the gala.

I enjoy the art in these pages as well. Fingers crossed!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I mostly can't with Orlando's writing, but I hope I'm able to enjoy this one. I really love Iceman and being a solo title, there are less boring quirky characters for the writer to try to develop as he usually does. I like the idea of Bobby taking the responsability in his hands, despite what everyone might be doing after the gala.

I enjoy the art in these pages as well. Fingers crossed!
    Really? Your like the 10th person i've seen say they don't like Orlando's Writing. He's that Bad??
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Thanks for posting !!

I'm NOT sure what I think about the art... not sure I like the hair and Iceman's face in general. Is that a chin or an iced beard ?

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Very excited for this series. Orlando's Midnighter was a favorite title of the past decade.

My only minor Debbie Downer complaint is the fact Romeo is back. I really preferred him with Christian and want to erase the era of AvX to HoX mostly (with a few spin off title exceptions).

That said, Romeo could develop into a great character as well. Just my Frost biased.
    Ah I knew I would find your comment as soon as Romeo's new design appeared XD

I actually like him for completely personal reasons so I'm happy with him appearing a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    My only minor Debbie Downer complaint is the fact Romeo is back. I really preferred him with Christian and want to erase the era of AvX to HoX mostly (with a few spin off title exceptions).
    I'll never be able to get over how he was created solely for Bobby to have a Romeo and Juliet storyline during IvX. Naming him Romeo was just, "See, you idiots?! It's like Romeo and Juliet! GET IT?!?!?!" Not only was it an, IMO, cringey addition to an already bad storyline, but the writers assumed we were all brain-dead idiots so they had to make it as blatant and obvious as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Really? Your like the 10th person i've seen say they don't like Orlando's Writing. He's that Bad??
    How many people have you seen they love Orlando's writing ?
    I personally really like it even though he MIGHT be a bit ambitious sometimes. His Midnighter was stellar.

BANNED

Some of what Orlando says about Bobby's status of existence and him learning how he can be flippant makes me think Bobby appears to get absolutely obliterated in the Hellfire Gala issue, only to not be dead because he is just an essence hovering around an H2O body.

Immortal X-Man.

The art and the story sounds appealing !
    Orlando's writing is fine with me, unlike Sena Grace's writing.
    I dont understand why they pushed Romeo recently

Don't really understand them pushing Romeo either.

also age-pushed up romances always make me uncomfortable, looking at you layla

I NEED Jesus Saiz on an X-Book!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Okay who was actually asking for friggin Romeo of all characters to make a comeback? He was terrible back in All-New X-Men and yet somehow survived the Inhuman purge while better Inhumans died.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I feel like "bad" is the wrong term, maybe disjointed or odd feels better, it's the same feeling I have around Spurrier. They've both been tasks with juggling different plot points some of which were unresolved HOX/POX plots others dating back further than HOX/POX. But their choices in execution and style has been unrewarding and unnecessarily convoluted. Which is a shame because with more moderation it feels like a decent story could have been pulled from both their works under the X-umbrella.

Am i weird for hoping at some point in this series if Bobby bobby can convert the mass he gross in iceform when he returns organic. I mean he can rebuild limbs by reverting them to their organic form so i don't see why he can't increase mass and muscle too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know why they keep trying to make Romeo happen.
    Especially since everything else Inhuman and Nuhuman related has been completely abandoned, including a potential retcon for Kamala Khan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    How many people have you seen they love Orlando's writing ?
    I personally really like it even though he MIGHT be a bit ambitious sometimes. His Midnighter was stellar.
    He had good editors on Midnighter and that didn't even help with the second volume.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Am i weird for hoping at some point in this series if Bobby bobby can convert the mass he gross in iceform when he returns organic. I mean he can rebuild limbs by reverting them to their organic form so i don't see why he can't increase mass and muscle too.
    it's not weird at all, and now I'm curious about it too. But I know why you're really hoping to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.