Default Does anyone else Write here?

One of my biggest passions is writing. I love world building, coming up with ideas and writing.

Are there any other writers here? I thought it would be cool to find others who write to talk to about writing. I would love to find someone to bounce ideas and stuff off of.

I write for pure enjoyment and never want to be published. I write pretty much every day in a number of genres.

Anyone else out there?
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-15-2023 at 04:24 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I was a film studies major in college and wanted to be a screenwriter. I crashed due to personal problems and got back into it recently. I tried writing a novel during the pandemic but still crashed. So I'm gonna go for short stories and build myself up again.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was a film studies major in college and wanted to be a screenwriter. I crashed due to personal problems and got back into it recently. I tried writing a novel during the pandemic but still crashed. So I'm gonna go for short stories and build myself up again.
    I am working on a novel right now. I am also a huge fan of short sotries.

So far this year I have done 5 Short Stories, a Novella, A flash Fiction, and an Essay. I currently have 3 other projects going right now.

I dont think I could ever do a screen play. I would not even know where to start on that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'm definitely going to make a go of it in the summer.

I posted a question about a potential sort of business plan in the Creator Showcase forum, and no one replied.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...lan-make-sense

I got 522 views and zero comments. It'd funny more than anything else.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

I do fanfiction. There are a few group fanfiction sites out there with shared canon.

More Marvel than DC, for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am working on a novel right now. I am also a huge fan of short sotries.

So far this year I have done 5 Short Stories, a Novella, A flash Fiction, and an Essay. I currently have 3 other projects going right now.

I dont think I could ever do a screen play. I would not even know where to start on that.
    Good luck. I can write a good story but I wanna be more consistent myself. You could always take a class on Screenplays. It's more sparse than prose so you'd have to do less with more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I posted a question about a potential sort of business plan in the Creator Showcase forum, and no one replied.

I never saw it. I rarely go to the creator showcase. I will look it over.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Good luck. I can write a good story but I wanna be more consistent myself. You could always take a class on Screenplays. It's more sparse than prose so you'd have to do less with more.
    Screenplays seems like it would be hard for me to do as I like things done in a story setting. From what I have seen of screen plays I could not go into the large detail that I enjoy in stories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I do fanfiction. There are a few group fanfiction sites out there with shared canon.

More Marvel than DC, for some reason...
    I can see two reasons.

Marvel has generally been about distinct characters, since Fantastic Four #1 at least.

There is one main Marvel Universe. When writing DC characters, it could matter which universe you're depicting? Is it the current comics? The New 52? Post-Crisis? Pre-Crisis? The Golden Age?
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 06-16-2023 at 08:52 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I saw it and thought it was a decent proposal. I don't have any insight into the business side so I refrained from posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Screenplays seems like it would be hard for me to do as I like things done in a story setting. From what I have seen of screen plays I could not go into the large detail that I enjoy in stories.
    Ok. Screenplays aren't for everyone.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-16-2023 at 09:04 AM.

Humoros nuisance The PhantomDreamlander's Avatar

I have been pretty hard at work writing a lot of humor based stuff and overly cartoony stuff as that is what i am very passionate for.

I basically wrote up somethin that involves a clown car character named funny bone that beats up criminal thugs and wacky villains. he has a very eccentric daffy personality…. like a clown type character would.

I mainly did this as to see how crazy i can get with what i wrote

Its all pretty heavy gag focused and the locals of each place gets pretty darn surreal with the look of it and the stuff that happens.
    Last edited by The PhantomDreamlander; 06-16-2023 at 10:21 AM.
    ya see the thing with humor is that it could either be real funny or completley terrible, the nightmare comes with everyone thinking your unfunny.

Ultimate Member

I can see two reasons.

Marvel has generally been about distinct characters, since Fantastic Four #1 at least.

There is one main Marvel Universe. When writing DC characters, it could matter which universe you're depicting? Is it the current comics? The New 52? Post-Crisis? Pre-Crisis? The Golden Age?
    Long before Nu52, DC sites struggled. There was an excellent OYL site that didn't last long, even

I remember there was a site call Fauxdc but that was 13 years ago. They had their own time line and was pretty decent. I forgot all about it until you guys started talking about fanfic sites.

I used to write some fanfiction about 20 years ago. It was not very good.