View Poll Results: How did you like the Flash?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing! Can't wait to see it again!

13 18.31%
  • Enjoyable, a solid watch, I'd recommend it

24 33.80%
  • Watchable but a mixed bag, a little disappointing

22 30.99%
  • Bad, it didn't work for me. Would not recommend.

6 8.45%
  • An abomination, atrocious, an insult. Worst. Movie. Ever.

6 8.45%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    He's given credit for the cameo all over the internet. I believe it was actually him.
    Me too. And even with the bad CGI faces in those scenes it looked like him to me and not some generic Jay Garrick. Just seems like an odd choice to me.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

According to TVLine it's not Sears:

They were followed by some iconic TV heroes, and then what sure looked like Teddy Sears in his Golden Age speedster/Jay Garrick get-up from Season 2 of The Flash — even though that’d have made no sense, since “Jay” was an imposter/Sears never played an actual Flash.) And numerous sites reported a Sears cameo as fact. But as noted above, sources tell TVLine that said cameo was absolutely not Sears, but a generic Golden Age Flash representation.
    https://tvline.com/lists/the-flash-m...tman-superman/

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Okay - I love the Flash. Jay, Barry, Wally, Bart. All of 'em. The concept, the goofiness, it's my jam.

I hated this movie with a passion.
    After five minutes, I knew this movie wasn't going to be for me.
    The CGI was terrible.
    The villains were two dimensional and dull.
    Ezra Miller's portrayal of Barry Allen is still bloody awful.
    My initial worry when info was being leaked about this movie all came to pass.
    All the cameos crammed in this film detracted from the central character.
    Honestly, I was expecting the actors to literally turn to the camera and wink.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It was pretty disappointing imo. The CGI was so awful to the point of it being distracting, and I could never see Barry Allen, only Ezra Miller. Even when they were acting out scenes straight from the comics, it was only ever Ezra.

I enjoyed this, the best Superhero film I’ve seen in a while
    But it felt more like Wally West than Barry Allen

I voted for watchable but disappointing. I'd give it a 6.5, mostly for Keaton and Affleck. The rest was kind of just there, and the CGI was terrible. Ezra Miller's Flash is annoying as hell, so two of him did not do it for me. Supergirl was flat and boring, she gave the performance people tried to pretend Brie Larson gave in Captain Marvel. Completely devoid of emotion. The cameos were fun but considering most of DC's movies flop, referencing a bunch of them didn't hit as hard as WB probably thought it would.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The Flash's Rogues Gallery is second only to Batman (and maybe Spidey). Yet, what they chose to go with was so two dimensional and dull.
    The jokes didn't land with me at all either.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Okay - I love the Flash. Jay, Barry, Wally, Bart. All of 'em. The concept, the goofiness, it's my jam.

The CGI was terrible.
    I couldn't have said it better.

It might be one of the dumbest movies I've ever watched.

The CGI was terrible.
    Same here. I've wanted a live-action Flash movie since I was a kid in the 80s running around in my Flash pajamas. I adored the old show and comics. I dreamed of a big-budget Flash film.

This wasn't really what I had in mind. At all.

And as a huge Keaton Batman fan too, I am pretty much THE target audience for this film. And I feel... like I want a re-do. I hope this doesn't kill a Flash movie in the Gunn-verse.

Retired

I loved this movie, but it's pretty much a final movie (Aquaman and Blue Beetles movies not withstanding), so giving a promissory end credit scene would have been a cheat. I'm glad they didn't raise expectations for a movie that was never going to be made. And we all know this--it's been in all the press.

Or maybe some folks don't care about what the movies tease at the end, so long as they tease. The JUSTICE LEAGUE movies (both of them) promised something that we're never going to get. GREEN LANTERN promised a movie that never will be made. The first SHAZAM! promised Mr. Mind and we never got that.

Even movies that pay off on their promises don't deliver exactly what the teaser suggested in the previous movie. The Joker card at the end of BATMAN BEGINS teased the Joker but it doesn't feel like THE DARK KNIGHT really follows from how that end scene set it up--because obviously Nolan didn't know what movie he was going to make next. In BACK TO THE FUTURE, Doc Brown teases the next movie, but what he promises, since they didn't know where they were going to go with a sequel, is kind of the least interesting thing about the second movie.

I'm happy that THE FLASH didn't make promises it couldn't deliver. Even if you hate the movie--you know that it's the last one, unless you've been living in a cave for the last few years.

The CGI was terrible.
    Oh wow. That intro did not prepare me for what came after.

As you sound like a major fan of the Flash IP how do you feel about Time Travel taking over the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post

As you sound like a major fan of the Flash IP how do you feel about Time Travel taking over the franchise?
    My personal opinion is time travel is a common trope in every comic. Superman’s very first film had time travel. It’s all in the execution.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post

Time travel is fine. Flashpoint is overdone and overhyped. It should have always been a fun little one off story with a cool elseworld. Not a big crisis style event like it became. Should have never been the first film in a Flash movie series.

The CGI was terrible.
    The Villians? Barry was the villain. Zod and crew were not the main protagonists it was just Barry. Not even Barry 2. Just Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    My personal opinion is time travel is a common trope in every comic. Superman’s very first film had time travel. It’s all in the execution.
    Well, all of the Three Can Do characters have had time travel stories. The Flash of course did as well. But while 00s saw the speed force pretty much take over the franchise lately it has been Time Travel. I just wondered how that sat with more hardcore Flash fans as I am more a casual fan of Flash.
    Last edited by Stanlos; 06-19-2023 at 10:46 PM.