View Poll Results: How did you like the Flash?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing! Can't wait to see it again!

13 18.31%
  • Enjoyable, a solid watch, I'd recommend it

24 33.80%
  • Watchable but a mixed bag, a little disappointing

22 30.99%
  • Bad, it didn't work for me. Would not recommend.

6 8.45%
  • An abomination, atrocious, an insult. Worst. Movie. Ever.

6 8.45%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Time travel is fine. Flashpoint is overdone and overhyped. It should have always been a fun little one off story with a cool elseworld. Not a big crisis style event like it became. Should have never been the first film in a Flash movie series.
    Ah, okay. I wasn't sure if I was just off because of my fan level. But that is how it seems to me as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to TVLine it's not Sears:

https://tvline.com/lists/the-flash-m...tman-superman/
    Even Sears is denying it was him:

https://www.cbr.com/the-flash-teddy-...u-jay-garrick/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Well, all of the rhree Can Do characters have had time travel stories. The Flash of course did as well. But while 00s saw the speed force pretty much take over the franchise lately it has been Time Travel. I just wondered how that sat with more hardcore Flash fans as I am more a casual fan of Flash.
    I've always found the time-travel and multiverse stuff to be pretty important to the Flash mythos and I'm an obsessive Flash nerd. So I didn't mind it and felt like this had a plot that was relatively unconventional for a superhero movie. A lot of bonkers stuff and the main villain is the hero of the film, completely unhinged by his obsession. Its not fixed by a fight, but by acceptance. I think the movie definitely has flaws but it also had moments of brilliance in there too.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Jay Garrick was a digital character with the face of The Flash editor Jason Ballantine used as reference. Listen around the 41 min mark of the podcast: https://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-4x2kf-1907c1b8

Mystery solved.

BANNED

Jay Garrick was a digital character with the face of The Flash editor Jason Ballantine used as reference. Listen around the 41 min mark of the podcast: https://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-4x2kf-1907c1b8

Mystery solved.
    That's good to know. People were so mad about them using Sears and I was thinking, "I really don't thunk that's him or any actor we know."

Incredible Member

I only saw The Flash today and I thought that it was really good . Not a game changer by any means , but it was cool to see Keaton back as Batman . Also I think that Ezra Miller was really good as The Flash . At this point I hope that they keep him. I also liked Sasha Calle as Kara , even though she didn't look like the Kara that we know. I think this was better than Black Adam , as there were similar characters from Snyder's JL . Wish that Henry had had a cameo . I didn't like the Nic Cage cameo as he was never Superman , and George Clooney was unnecessary too . Would have liked to have seen more from Afleck & Gadot . Also seeing Jeremy Irons as Alfred was cool . I didn't like that he apparently didn't end up in his own Universe . But that could be saved with a Directors Cut . But messing with time does have consequences .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Oh wow. That intro did not prepare me for what came after.

As you sound like a major fan of the Flash IP how do you feel about Time Travel taking over the franchise?
    Personally I've become quite annoyed that Flash has become known almost primarily as a time traveler.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Personally I've become quite annoyed that Flash has become known almost primarily as a time traveler.
    The time travel is easier for me to take than the lightning tossing.

I voted "Watchable but a mixed bag, a little disappointing"; I would amend that to disappointing rather than a little disappointing, especially in parts. I will also contend that the animated movie version of Flashpoint was done better.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    The time travel is easier for me to take than the lightning tossing.
    I like that even less, but it doesn't dominate the plot the way time travel does.

I find it weird that Reverse Flash isn't even teased at all. Like, from the perspective of the characters and a non-comic-book-reading audience...it was some random person who killed his mom?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That's good to know. People were so mad about them using Sears and I was thinking, "I really don't thunk that's him or any actor we know."
    Well, at least both the Clooney and Sears disputes are settled lol. What's left?

I find it weird that Reverse Flash isn't even teased at all. Like, from the perspective of the characters and a non-comic-book-reading audience...it was some random person who killed his mom?
    It was saved for a sequel.

But what would that sequel look like? Who would be the villain that the Muschiettis want to bring in next?

“Well, Reverse Flash is the elephant in the room, right?” Muschietti said definitively. “It feels like you can’t make another movie without addressing the one that, in all accounts, is the murderer of Barry’s mom. So, it feels like the big villain. I have my own favorites, but that’s another story – I’d like to see The Turtle at some point. The slowest man on Earth. Gorilla Grodd, of course. And many more.”

https://theplaylist.net/the-flash-an...cast-20230615/

It was saved for a sequel.
    I would imagine if I were planning a sequel that I'd at least tease the mystery. It's not questioned at all.

Amazing Member

It's a good film that's going to suffer due to controversies outside of the film.

I would imagine if I were planning a sequel that I'd at least tease the mystery. It's not questioned at all.
    The film was 4 hours long... who knows if there was some small tease that was left in the editing room.