Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Hallows’ Eve #4 Preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/16/ma...hallows-eve-4/

In which Janine rescues Bendis and learns that there is some good in the world

Astonishing Member

Somebody finally hits Maxine! Good on you Marcus .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes. Yes, indeed. I do fear for his life expectancy, though. She already tried to have him killed once or twice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Good on Marcus for drawing first blood from Maxine. She’s had it coming for the longest time. Hopefully it’s the first of much deserved karmic retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Good on Marcus for drawing first blood from Maxine. She’s had it coming for the longest time. Hopefully it’s the first of much deserved karmic retribution.
    Indeed. After what she did to Ben, Janine/Elizabeth, and even Ashley Kafka('s clone) that ended up turning them all into villains of one stripe or another . . . she definitely deserved all that and then some.

Astonishing Member

Indeed!!! About damn time somebody do it!!

I have to say, however, this could reveal she's not really human. I mean, the hold Beyond's stuff makes obvious they can't be from this world. I mean... Talking sandwiches? Seriosuly, talking sandwiches?!!! That would be something worthy of DC's Mr Mxyzptlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. After what she did to Ben, Janine/Elizabeth, and even Ashley Kafka('s clone) that ended up turning them all into villains of one stripe or another . . . she definitely deserved all that and then some.
    Yeah, but the bad thing here is that we may discover she's not really human. I mean, come on! I think the secret doors hiding Beyond's projects are proof this can't be stuff made by humans, not even twisted humans.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 06-20-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Indeed!!! About damn time somebody do it!!

I have to say, however, this could reveal she's not really human. I mean, the hold Beyond's stuff makes obvious they can't be from this world. I mean... Talking sandwiches? Seriosuly, talking sandwiches?!!! That would be something worthy of DC's Mr Mxyzptlk.

Yeah, but the bad thing here is that we may discover she's not really human. I mean, come on! I think the secret doors hiding Beyond's projects are proof this can't be stuff made by humans, not even twisted humans.
    The Beyond Corporation is owned by rogue Beyonders, after all. So Maxine being some sort of Beyonder avatar isn't that much of a stretch.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The Beyond Corporation is owned by rogue Beyonders, after all. So Maxine being some sort of Beyonder avatar isn't that much of a stretch.
    Yeah, exactly my though. Especially when she said "I paid a lot of money for this nose".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, exactly my though. Especially when she said "I paid a lot of money for this nose".
    To be somewhat "fair," she could just be referring to relatively mundane plastic surgery. Still, her being an avatar for "Debaser Unit" Beyonders would make sense, in light of her seeming untouchability despite the atrocities she's committed and even her own superiors trying to off her in the Beyond finale.

Just read this one a short time ago. This has probably been my favorite comic from the Spider-Man line in a while. And I don't mean that as a jab to any thing else. I'm one of the few readers that doesn't hate the current direction of the Spider comics.

I would really hope that we get to keep seeing Hallows' Eve after this mini. It would be a shame if she disappears for a few years after this story ends. Just my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Just read this one a short time ago. This has probably been my favorite comic from the Spider-Man line in a while. And I don't mean that as a jab to any thing else. I'm one of the few readers that doesn't hate the current direction of the Spider comics.

I would really hope that we get to keep seeing Hallows' Eve after this mini. It would be a shame if she disappears for a few years after this story ends. Just my opinion.
    She's bound to appear at THe Spider-Man annual in august and maybe in the Hellfire Gala

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    She's bound to appear at THe Spider-Man annual in august and maybe in the Hellfire Gala
    Exactly. This year's ASM Annual will be written by the same author as the Hallows' Eve mini thus far and continue her story from this point with her continued quest to free The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly from his confinement in Limbo (Tower).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Exactly. This year's ASM Annual will be written by the same author as the Hallows' Eve mini thus far and continue her story from this point with her continued quest to free The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly from his confinement in Limbo (Tower).
    Well, last issue has confirmed one of my suspictions: The masks don't work only of Eve, but in others too. This certainly open a big door of crazy opportunities.

I have to say, however, that putting the mask on the infected werewolf to remove his infection... I didn't see that coming.

Now, the question here is... How many masks truly are? I mean, we have seen masks of monsters, a model, and a policer officer. What else can Hallow's Eve have?

An idea came to mind: Do you remember the Timeless scene, two years ago, showing what appeared to be Mary Jane on a Spider-Man's costume and a female Black Panther with white hair. Well, how about if those were actually Mary Jane and Felicia, with a couple of masks of Janice that represent Spider-Man AND Black Panther?

Amazing Member

Erica Schultz has managed to return Janine to the beautiful character she truly is, so that's proof that even from the most appealing stuff like Dark Web there's a chance for compelling stories to come out. I wasn't exactly mad about a powered Janine, but hope he get more chances to know about her story.