Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Why hasn’t DC’s attempt to incorporate Wildstorm characters worked?

Especially when you compare it to the Charlton Comics characters or the Fawcett Comics characters.

^^^And Quality Comics characters.

As to your question, and this is just MO, it’s because a lot of them (not all, but a majority) are pretty generic, and the ones that aren’t are derivative (i think that’s the word I’m looking for) of existing DC characters.

Granted, many of the Fawcett/Charlton/Quality characters fall into the same categories, but they were also interesting in their own rights.

The Wildstorm characters also reek of the “extreme” era most of them were created in.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Especially when you compare it to the Charlton Comics characters or the Fawcett Comics characters.

The Wildstorm cast was created under a different set of rules.

They were not owned by a company that has certain standards in what can be done and what can't be done.

What made most of those guys work-isn't going to happen here unless you leave them in their own universe.

It's not that they are rip offs of others (looking at you Wildcats)-these were folks from a world where guys like Batman didn't exist.

So now they are in a world with a Batman and Harley-there is no place for them.

The type of stories done with them like Frostbite being raped isn't going to happen here.

Marcus King leading a team.

Because most don't like the fact another set of characters are here and DC struggles to get the ones who are already here RIGHT.

So yeah there will be resentment for Zealot on Birds of Prey (along with Harley hate) and Vixen, Zinda and Huntress get left out.

They’re in the middle of another push right now. Apollo and Middy have been integrated successfully, as have other Authority members. WildCATS are in. Only Gen13 is the last major Wildstorm team left I think, and that’s redundant with the Titans.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Wildstorm is so radically different from DC that making them mesh is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    i think it's a matter of scale. how much is copied over? 2-3 characters? meh... 200 characters, 3 space wars, and 20 alien planets? that... a bit more.....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re in the middle of another push right now. Apollo and Middy have been integrated successfully, as have other Authority members. WildCATS are in. Only Gen13 is the last major Wildstorm team left I think, and that’s redundant with the Titans.
    Gen 13 could work with a proper team.
    Look at the old Supergirl/Gen 13 crossover.

It's tough to do so when you just keep wiping of the chalkboard, and starting over.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Thought they were? Waller vs Wildstorm, Birds of Prey, Wildcats plus Stormwatch is in Brave and the Bold granted I would love to see Roy Harper leading Gen 13 along with Bette Kane as an operative of International Operations plus John Lynch & Holden Carver as Agents of S.H.A.D.E but since I'm not on the DC creative staff it probably won't happen or will it? LMAO
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wetworks/Stormwatch...

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Thought they were? Waller vs Wildstorm, Birds of Prey, Wildcats plus Stormwatch is in Brave and the Bold granted I would love to see Roy Harper leading Gen 13 along with Bette Kane as an operative of International Operations plus John Lynch & Holden Carver as Agents of S.H.A.D.E but since I'm not on the DC creative staff it probably won't happen or will it? LMAO
    Black Label...

I’m of two trains of thought on the matter either

1. The characters are redundant and don’t have a way of fitting in to the expansive dc universe; or

2. They keep screwing up the fundamentals of the characters themselves, like how Caitlain Fairchild is the furtherest she could possibly be from her past self with direct connection to Gen13 in the current WildCATS book.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Doesn’t a non-integrated Wildstorm Earth have a designated number in DC’s infinite Earths?

I'm not sure that I'd agree that other bought characters are integrated that well. And they had way more time with them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure that I'd agree that other bought characters are integrated that well. And they had way more time with them.
    Most of the Charlton, Quality and FAwcett characters were limited to their fictional city settings.
    Wildstorm’s universe background encompasses the entire Earth, other planets and races and mostly the US government.

It’s much harder to reconcile Wildstorm with the existing DCU.